House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

8 hours ago, markyh said:

Basically, a new global FIAT reserve, that includes the $ USD but is not the $ USD  , and most other G20 currencies, and then the whole G20 print at once in unison to create the new global fiat, either SDR's or whatever they rename it as. 

They are forcing inflation globally, it's they only way they can see out, print, print, print. 

Buy Bitcoin, buy hard assets, load up on low interest debt, be prepared for a repeat of the 1970's inflation and huge wage inflation. All cash savings are going to be wiped out, @longgone , your £200k cash will be worth the equivilent of £2k in under 10 years, bread will cost £5 loaf, minimum wage will be £25 p/h.  My £250k+ mortgage will feel like a £25k mortgage. 

Just Sayin'

The US will not easily give up dollar hegemony. At the very least such a currency will be heavily dollar loaded and may not be available to the public, like SDR. But that is what Bitcoin is for

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• markyh

• MonsieurCopperCrutch

• goldbug9999

• jiltedjen

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shoot me down, but a few members seems a bit obsessed with this thread.  There are a lot of threads on HOUSEpricecrash and other things to do in general than aggressively defend Bitcoin (e.g. see fami

They could certainly put various things in place to try and stop but I just don't seem them doing it. Obviously they could make dealing, trading, holding or using bitcoin punishable with 10 years

Bitcoin Cash can and will scale on chain. The technology advance within the next decade will allow it to happen with ease and always remain ahead of demand. What Core have done to Bitcoin is criminal

Posted Images

IPO not done yet. When it lists you will be able to buy via any online broker that deals in USA stocks , Hargreaves Lansdown, 3i , Interactive Investors. 

👍

Looks like IPO is on 14th April.  I shall be selling my Paypal and Square at a nice profit, and some more low performing UK stocks in my SIPP and buying at least £20k-£30k of Coinbase IPO.

I think you're ex-Goldman Sachs, Raoul Pal in disguise @markyh

7 hours ago, longgone said:

cant borrow without a job sadly 

I'll emply you and pay you in BTC.

7 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

This is why you should store your cryptoassets in a regulated Custodian. FCA protected...

It's called self-custody - Ledger, Trezor etc...

7 hours ago, markyh said:

A step to far for me, anyone who pays more than few quid for any jpg is an idiot. They ban be copied a "billion" times or more, everyone in the world could have that jpg on their PC or phone, either as a copy of the jpg itself or a renamed screenshot , snip. 

Would anyone pay $500+ for an .mp3 file?  Because the seller said, it's a really rare .mp3. 

Show me a future where it is proven via blockchain only you own it, access to it, only you can view it, and you can get automatic royalties from any use of a "copy images" automatically on the Web, etc. 

Until then. No Thanks.  

No keys, No coins. 

Haven't quite got my head around NFT's but did enjoy Beeples tweet re: Hockney's comments.  My daughter has a Hockney print (having attended the exhibition) and I showed her Beeple's masterpiece.  She was equally as impressed.

6 hours ago, markyh said:

IPO has always worked that way, a big chunk sold to the big boys off the open market before they let the public pump their bags, sell into them. 

If you look at the Facebook IPO the price rocketed at first, then all the big boys sold into the market at a huge profit and after 6 months Facebooks share price was below the IPO price. 

If you can resist the urge it is usually always better to buy 3-6 months after an IPO.  But.................. i wouldnt wait for Coinbase 1/2 way though a Bitcoin bull run, they could be 10x the IPO price in six months if Bitcoin is $200k+

Hadn't considered this, thanks.

7 hours ago, markyh said:

I hope all the worlds callgirls and prozzies dont all switch to this, rather than send money to see only girls on video in underwear or nudes, i would prefer the old fashioned model where you get to rent the who body and holes by the hour in a comfy flat, our your own home!!! 

This one needs a thread of its own! 😳🤨

27 minutes ago, Lenelby said:

The US will not easily give up dollar hegemony. At the very least such a currency will be heavily dollar loaded and may not be available to the public, like SDR. But that is what Bitcoin is for

Listened to a recent, I think Lyn Alden, video re: Petro dollar/USD/inflation etc

Point made: "When the banks see this delicious report, do you see the banks upping efforts to get into the game.  The 56m odd customers will be full-bank customers at some point.  Banks will have a bulls-eye on their back."

Another said that during a ClubHouse chat Bryan Armstrong said they want CB to be the Amazon of Crypto. Someone said more like the AOL of Bitcoin owing to shitcoins.  Swan Signal do not feel they are backing BTC but more CC which will impact their reputation when "shit coins crash".

Interesting analysis from the SS Team.

And so it continues - Clubhouse chat hosted by Swan Signal.

Swan Signal - 'Who's buying Coinbase?  Not most on the chat it seems.  "BTC is a far better bet, let the Boomers buy Coinbase"... "they don't understand BTC". 🙄

Buying shares in Coinbase "it's the ultimate Boomer opportunity,...an entry point, a traditional stock..." 😂

Some think Coinbase is will get a 50% pull back/bear market, "give it 18 months". Lots of paper-hands. 

"Coinbase revenue will go off a cliff...

Strong disagreement between Corey (Swan) and Bitcoin Tina (should be called "Shouty") who thinks this is a new paradigm and there is no good reason for this to happen.  Corey says there will be blood on the streets and "shit coins" will be finished.   

Conclusion:  Good for Bitcoin, yes, not for Coinbase longer-term.  The final point.  Buy CB listing or buy Bitcoin?  Buy Bitcoin was the vote. 

Edited by Buffer Bear

https://niftygateway.com/marketplace?page=2&search=&order=desc&orderType=price&onSale=true

😳😳

Beeples $69m piece was an absolute bargain!

On Sale
Highest PriceLowest Price

Kinmokusei #2/5

Unoki by Ramón Ramos

$92,233,200,000,000,000.00

FACES #2944/4934

IRIDESCENT Open Edition by SSX3LAU

$92,233,170,000,000,000.00

The Bitcoin Angel (Open Edition) #251/4157

FROM PALETTE TO CANVAS A TREVOR JONES RETROSPECTIVE (Open Edition)

$92,233,100,000,000,000.00

The Bitcoin Angel (Open Edition) #1371/4157

$92,233,100,000,000,000.00

Forever Mamba #13/429

Genesis Open Editions by Boss Logic

$92,233,000,000,000,000.00

No Coffee This Morning #18/20

Select works by Osinachi

$92,232,000,000,000,000.00

Gucci Ghost Aqua Pink #16/20

Nifty Ghost Collection by Trevor Andrew

$92,231,000,000,000,000.00

Gucci Ghost Pink Silver #10/20

Nifty Ghost Collection by Trevor Andrew

$92,230,000,000,000,000.00

The Bitcoin Angel (Open Edition) #1016/4157

$69,420,694,206,942,090.00

Lift #228/256

The Look of The Other Open Edition By Renderfruit

$69,420,420,420,420,420.00

ΠΑΘΟΣ #8/223

Relics of a mortal past Open Edition by Billelis

$9,999,999,999,999,992.00

salvator.eth #489/612

DIGITAL RENAISSANCE Open Editions by Klarens Malluta

$9,333,330,000,000,000.00

Le Anime #793/1573

My Journey Open Edition By toomuchlag

$999,999,999,999,999.00

FACES #3131/4934

$999,999,999,999,999.00

IKIGAI Endika #9/11

IKIGAI Open Edition by Zigor Samaniego

$911,911,911,911,911.00

„482 MG“ #142/786

YOU ONLY LOVED ME WHEN WE WERE HIGH COLLECTION Open Editions by Marius Sperlich

$777,777,777,777,777.00

The Bitcoin Angel (Open Edition) #36/4157

$360,000,000,000,000.00

Everything #18/175

Everything by 3LAU

$333,333,333,333.33

FACES #184/4934

$99,999,999,999.00

'Quints Revenge 2.0' - Silver

INSIDES Open Edition by Paul Jackson

$99,999,999,889.99

https://tftc.io/martys-bent/issue-965-moar-centralized-micromanagement/

Issue #965: MOAR Centralized Micromanagement

If at first you fail at micromanaging your own economy, attempt to micromanage the global economy by creating a "global minimum tax".

Marty Bent

Editor in Chief and Creative Director of TFTC; home of Marty's Ƀent, Tales from the Crypt, and Rabbit Hole Recap. 

More posts by Marty Beny 6 Apr 2021  3 min read

I learnt something new about the history on this one.

I now understand the concept of 'Bitcoin Maximalism!'  Wow, just wow!

https://www.realvision.com/shows/the-interview-crypto/videos/the-case-for-bitcoin-maximalism

Brad Mills, host of Magic Internet Money Podcast and partner at Xsquared Ventures, joins Ash Bennington, Real Vision senior editor, to discuss everything Bitcoin—from the Block Size Debate in 2017 to the philosophical vs investment reasons for owning Bitcoin and misinformation around the Bitcoin narrative, this interview covers it all. Mills explains that while Bitcoin Maximalists have been around as early as 2014 during the first alt season, the community was more harmonious as there was an understanding that Bitcoin was going to be the winner and what everyone was striving for. Altcoins were instead seen as experiments that one could mine, sell, or trade for more bitcoins. Come 2017, there had been a shift in mentality where many VCs were simply trying to redo Bitcoin. Mills goes on to explain that the ICO boom triggered a reaction, causing “Toxic Bitcoin Maximalism,” a response to those falsely aligning with Bitcoin while trying to shill their subscriptions and exchanges or capture volume on their stable coins or altcoins. Filmed on April 1, 2021.

Key Learnings: Fundamentally, the view of original Bitcoiners is that they do not want Bitcoin to be taken over or influenced by corporations in a way that is not in consensus with the node runners and developers of the network. In the eyes of these Bitcoiners, if corporations set the rules of Bitcoin because they have all the money, what precedent is set for governments? Further, the core tenant of Bitcoiners is that decentralization is most important and must be retained above everything else—even price and adoption. Mills goes on to state that the most important thing Satoshi did when inventing Bitcoin is that you could have consensus achieved on a ledger in a way that no government could shut down. Censorship resistance is the most important thing to any blockchain, and if there is no resistance, it should not be a considered a blockchain.

Edited by Buffer Bear
On 05/04/2021 at 23:51, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

I'll be taking a punt on Coinbase.

Where is Coinbase's long term revenue expected to come from? 

Has it got a USP that cannot be replicated? 

At present there seems to be an assumption that it will make massive revenues from transaction fees, isn't this contrary to the decentralised concept underlying Bitcoin.  

6 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

At present there seems to be an assumption that it will make massive revenues from transaction fees, isn't this contrary to the decentralised concept underlying Bitcoin.  

Make Hay while the sun shines, we are at least a decade away from when everything is "priced" off Bitcoin as a Global reserve currency, so spending it natively globally is possible. Until then plenty of fees to be make in Crypto/Fiat gateways. 

And Coinbase has a current decent moat of being one of the few crypto exchanges approved to deal with institutional grade clients for transactions and custody solutions. 

2 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

TBH I really do not care. Just taking a punt with some of my crypto gainz, like I have done with other fintech companies. 

2 hours ago, markyh said:

Make Hay while the sun shines, we are at least a decade away from when everything is "priced" off Bitcoin as a Global reserve currency, so spending it natively globally is possible. Until then plenty of fees to be make in Crypto/Fiat gateways. 

And Coinbase has a current decent moat of being one of the few crypto exchanges approved to deal with institutional grade clients for transactions and custody solutions. 

Coinbase are not regulated for anything but money transfer and only in parts of the USA.

There is only one regulated crypto custodian in the UK.

On 06/04/2021 at 16:26, markyh said:

Maybe, as an exchange Coinbase makes wonga on fees for buys and sells and trading on the way up, or the way down for Bitcoin. I would expect exagerated gainz as Bitcoin goes higher and more and more buyers pile in, and smaller moves in share price as Bitcoin crashes and more become sellers but new accounts dont get opened. 

There is always buying and selling fees, bull or bear market. 

would imagine the profits are pretty static. it is like paypal after all.  no doubt the price will rise with any crypto gains as more trade. 

point is will it rise fast after its listed 

8 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Michael Saylor Keynote on Bitcoin & The US Dollar: MIT Bitcoin Expo Conference - April 4th 2021

Saylor graced us with his presence today (Unit 4), which will encourage me to actually start the course. Lots of talk about mining/fees and progression/development.  Believes BTC will be a $100tn network with a 10 basis point fee. States there is a natural dynamic to turn the miners into hodlers and those with the BTC/energy will secure the network "ferociously!"

"Bitcoin is a thing of beauty."

Course link: https://learn.saylor.org/course/PRDV151

Edited by Buffer Bear