The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
23 minutes ago, warpig said:

It looks like it might be adhering to chart patterns after all. It's fallen back into the channel... and it's starting to look like a false breakout.image.thumb.png.3414d68586e951ccc3fee3493afd14f8.png

I will go with 100% increases then 30% pull backs all year long.  if this is the 2nd, we have another 5 of these over 2021. 

$21k to $42k , then pull back to $29k  - Done

$29k to $58k, then pullback to $40k ,  - In progress

$40k to $80k, then pullback to $56k   - Coming in Spring.

$56k to $112k , then pullback to $78k - Coming late Spring

$78k to $156k, then pullback to $109k  - Coming in Summer

$109k to £218k, then pullback to $153k  - Coming in early Autumn

$153k to $306k, then pullback to $214k  - Coming late Autumn

$214k to $428k..............blow off top, back to $85k in 2022. - December 2021. 

HOLA447
HOLA448

So, just sold 500k of BTC! But I’m not planning to take the gains yet, in just looking at the charts and I’m hoping for a drop and I’ll buy back in. 

Just hoping this doesn’t turn into a blip and it shoots back up now. TBH even if it does, I’ve still done well out of bitcoin, losing a few £££ here will still see me massively up.

HOLA449
7 minutes ago, markyh said:

I will go with 100% increases then 30% pull backs all year long.  if this is the 2nd, we have another 5 of these over 2021. 

$214k to $428k..............blow off top, back to $85k in 2022. - December 2021. 

Indeed. And these are rock solid buying opportunities. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
12 minutes ago, markyh said:

I'll stick this on a chart at some point, it's good to set people's expectations. Firstly where have you got or how have you come to this conclusion? The basis is straight forward, where at each stage resistance becomes support and gives BTC another rung up the ladder, but what about the last prediction? That's pretty severe... that's an 80% correction into 2022.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
57 minutes ago, warpig said:

I'm calling the top (not interim) around $60K, I'll give it up to another week before it falls.

So you're calling the top AFTER it has already fallen from the top...but only if it continues to fall so that you are conclusively proved right before you make the prediction?! 😆

HOLA4414
14 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

So you're calling the top AFTER it has already fallen from the top...but only if it continues to fall so that you are conclusively proved right before you make the prediction?! 😆

When I called it, resistance of the top rail could have turned to support and a new channel have formed.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
12 minutes ago, warpig said:

When I called it, resistance of the top rail could have turned to support and a new channel have formed.

That's just another way of saying you don't know if it's the top or not.

It would just be more honest to say the price a month from now could be higher or could be lower, and no-one knows - not even you.

HOLA4417
1 minute ago, scottbeard said:

That's just another way of saying you don't know if it's the top or not.

It would just be more honest to say the price a month from now could be higher or could be lower, and no-one knows - not even you.

No I was calling the top... so I was saying the top channel line won't offer support to the current price and will once again become resistance. The price is retesting the upper channel, I believe it will fail.

No one has a crystal ball, so EVERYTHING's a guess, it's just how educated that guess is... 

image.png

HOLA4418
1 hour ago, scb said:

So, just sold 500k of BTC! But I’m not planning to take the gains yet, in just looking at the charts and I’m hoping for a drop and I’ll buy back in. 

Just hoping this doesn’t turn into a blip and it shoots back up now. TBH even if it does, I’ve still done well out of bitcoin, losing a few £££ here will still see me massively up.

Bottled it. Bought back in. I have made a whole 0.2 of a bitcoin though!

It’s scarier the thought of the price rising and missing out than it is HODLing and the price dropping!

HOLA4419

I sold and it feels amazing.

turned £250 into £100,000 with a small amount still in BTC

finally a huge stressful weight off my shoulder, and the mortgage pretty much done! (At early 30’s) 

obviously I wish I bought more, but I’m genuinely really happy.

sold all my gold as that was my emergency fund incase we couldn’t pay the mortgage (no need now!) and that’s going to an engagement ring. 

Feel absolutely fantastic, although it’s probably taken 5 years of my life feeling anxious about it. 

HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, scb said:

Bottled it. Bought back in. I have made a whole 0.2 of a bitcoin though!

It’s scarier the thought of the price rising and missing out than it is HODLing and the price dropping!

I done exactly the same thing :) ended up very slightly up

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
33 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

I sold and it feels amazing.

turned £250 into £100,000 with a small amount still in BTC

finally a huge stressful weight off my shoulder, and the mortgage pretty much done! (At early 30’s) 

obviously I wish I bought more, but I’m genuinely really happy.

sold all my gold as that was my emergency fund incase we couldn’t pay the mortgage (no need now!) and that’s going to an engagement ring. 

Feel absolutely fantastic, although it’s probably taken 5 years of my life feeling anxious about it. 

Think i lost £40k today, and gained £20k back, didn't move a satoshi, and i like, Meh, making a bolognaise fresh for dinner was more exciting. 

Not selling a sat until my target one is hit around $100k.  Even then i'm scaling out on a trailing limit order basis, will cash enough to pay the mortgage until Jan 2025, (£75k) and then setting my limit order $10k below the market price once it moves $10k above sell target one. Each $1k move up above that will reset the limit order $1k up to maintain a $10k gap from peak, and reduce the amount of BTC sold due to the higher price. My target is a £264k( reducing £1k month)FIAT cashout  target not a 50% BTC cash out target, so if i can get away with only selling 40% or 30% of my BTC due to a trailing limit order, Perfect. 

HOLA4425