House Price Crash Forum

Apprentice Winner Down To Her Last 3 Homes-Claiming Housing Benefit.

ingermany

HOLA441

Stella English

'A couple of weeks ago I made an application for housing benefit and there is a interview set up. I have no choice.

'It is my son's birthday today but I can't afford to buy him anything because everything we have goes on trying to survive.'

She added: 'One of my homes is about to be repossessed, the bailiffs are booked on October 8.'

Miss English also plans to claim Job Seekers Allowance.

The tribunal heard that Miss English owns three homes but now rents to be closer to her family.

Seems to be saying she is trying to claim housing benefit despite owning 3 homes. I wonder if the 3 BTL properties are also occupied by housing benefit claimants?

Can you clain LHA if you have 3 homes already? Sounds like the benefits system in UK really is designed to benefit the rich.

HOLA442
HOLA443

Don't know how they assess HB.

Is it done on income?

Unelss she has IO mortgages that rent = interest then she'd have an income surely?

If she owns property she has no chance.

She's either thick or this article is deliberately a bit misleading (maybe both, almost certainly the former).

HOLA444

Don't know how they assess HB.

Is it done on income?

Unelss she has IO mortgages that rent = interest then she'd have an income surely?

HB is a means tested benefit so it takes into account income and assets.If the rent on the properties she rents out are higher than costs that would count as income.If the houses are worth more than the mortgages that would count as capital.

Its very unlikely shed get HB with 3 BTLs but it is possible if they don't make any profit and are in NE.

If her child is under 18 that would push up how much she could earn before HB was means tested away.

I doubt she can claim JSA renting 3 houses out and they likely direct her to tax credits.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Wail article so who knows what the truth of the matter is, but I presume that direct quotes given to a tribunal are a bit difficult to make up.

'Unless I find a contract I will not be able to support my family anymore, I am losing close to 3k a month.

She added: 'One of my homes is about to be repossessed, the bailiffs are booked on October 8.'

You can't go wrong with bricks and mortar.

HOLA447
The tribunal heard that Miss English owns three homes but now rents to be closer to her family.

3 homes, and application HB for one she's renting?!? Drag her into the real world.

She was one of the bods sat on the Wright Show on Channel 5, last Monday I think. That must pay. I turned over.

HOLA448

Wail article so who knows what the truth of the matter is, but I presume that direct quotes given to a tribunal are a bit difficult to make up.

You can't go wrong with bricks and mortar.

all this failure with interest rates at all time lows....... the incompetence and greed of this brainless fool are truly illustrative of the apprentice winner 'type'

HOLA449

3 homes, and application HB for one she's renting?!? Drag her into the real world.

She was one of the bods sat on the Wright Show on Channel 5, last Monday I think. That must pay. I turned over.

Agreed, and to think the show that made her famous is trailed as a competition to find people with business nous. What a complete moron.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Agreed, and to think the show that made her famous is trailed as a competition to find people with business nous. What a complete moron.

Sounds like Sugar lost his claim to recover costs at the tribunal, unless he's now seeking other ways to recover costs?

She was reported to have wept with joy and 'over the moon' at not having to pay Sugar's costs. Still something to fight for, equity in homes, rather than bankruptcy perhaps?

25th Sep 2013

Apprentice winner Stella English wins court battle with Lord Sugar after claiming to have £200 in bank account

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/apprentice-winner-stella-english-wins-2299765

HOLA4412

Sounds like Sugar lost his claim to recover costs at the tribunal, unless he's now seeking other ways to recover costs?

She was reported to have wept with joy and 'over the moon' at not having to pay Sugar's costs. Still something to fight for, equity in homes, rather than bankruptcy perhaps?

25th Sep 2013

Apprentice winner Stella English wins court battle with Lord Sugar after claiming to have £200 in bank account

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/apprentice-winner-stella-english-wins-2299765

Hard to know either way. Maybe she just appreciates how much £200 is after all. If she really is losing £3k a month that £200 should see her through until Friday, so not exactly out of the woods yet. More to be seen on her in the weeks ahead?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Stella English

Seems to be saying she is trying to claim housing benefit despite owning 3 homes. I wonder if the 3 BTL properties are also occupied by housing benefit claimants?

Can you clain LHA if you have 3 homes already? Sounds like the benefits system in UK really is designed to benefit the rich.

..you asked 'where else?'...and even our own Pravda , the BBC is surprised...or are they..?.... :rolleyes:

She said that despite owning three properties, she had been forced to apply for housing benefit and is also considering applying for jobseekers allowance.

..says it all about this country , the sick show (as far from reality you can get)... and the BBC ..... :rolleyes:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-24276627

HOLA4418
Apprentice winner Stella English spends up to £4,000 a month on PR consultants and has property worth £1million – despite pleading poverty in her tribunal victory over Lord Sugar.

This week Stella, 34, told the hearing she was going on ­benefits and added: “I cannot even afford to feed my kids, let alone pay the mortgage.”

It heard jobless Stella – who was battling a bid by Lord Sugar to claw back £50,000 in legal costs – is falling into arrears on three properties she owns.

We can reveal the single parent has two flats and a house in South London.

Land Registry deeds show she bought one flat for £250,000 in 2005 and another in 2007 for £245,000.

Both would now be worth much more.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/apprentice-winner-stella-english-spends-2313433

HOLA4419

Hmm, a fraudster in the making. She can sell up and get some mug FTB to cover her PR bill instead. If she sells the lot and is under the 16k asset threshold then she can enquire bout benefits.

She ought to be delighted that she has the escape route of London property at bubble prices.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

like ..."Four years ago Stella was earning £85,000 a year as a manager on the trading floor of Japanese bank Daiwa when she saw an advert for BBC1’s hit show The Apprentice.

Her boss advised her against it and even offered her £100,000 not to do it.

Stella said: “Before I went on The Apprentice I was driving Porsches and Bentleys.

“When I was 21 I had a Lotus. I would go to Sketch club in London and spend £600 on a meal. I thought nothing of spending £200 on a bottle of champagne.

“I would eat lobster and ­caviar. I used to fly business class and had chauffeurs.

“I would buy designer shoes at £300 a go. I would just get them in every colour. I had a great job, three houses, two children and a wonderful husband...

...what a total tool, you cannot afford that life style on 85K year! She was already going broke then and only has her incompetence with finances to blame.

HOLA4422

Hang on mate, she was a high flying corporate executive and won the competition and she is also a successful property investor and landlord with a portfolio. Haven't read the article but to cap it all Sugar is also suing her.

There are many types of intelligence.....some are more important than others, not everyone has all of them.... ;)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

like ..."Four years ago Stella was earning £85,000 a year as a manager on the trading floor of Japanese bank Daiwa when she saw an advert for BBC1’s hit show The Apprentice.

Her boss advised her against it and even offered her £100,000 not to do it.

Stella said: “Before I went on The Apprentice I was driving Porsches and Bentleys.

“When I was 21 I had a Lotus. I would go to Sketch club in London and spend £600 on a meal. I thought nothing of spending £200 on a bottle of champagne.

“I would eat lobster and ­caviar. I used to fly business class and had chauffeurs.

“I would buy designer shoes at £300 a go. I would just get them in every colour. I had a great job, three houses, two children and a wonderful husband...

...what a total tool, you cannot afford that life style on 85K year! She was already going broke then and only has her incompetence with finances to blame.

No you can't and what a load of stupid stuff to say. The benefits adviser who grants her housing benefit will get shot.

Whatever she's spending on PR she has wasted her money.

HOLA4425