House Price Crash Forum

When Will Property Prices Start Rising Again?

jfk

HOLA441

Truly amazing comment. I suspect this mindset reflects that of a significant fraction of 'homeowners' though.

As long as (bought politicians too) Bankers are allowed to conjure up lending cash & have no personal liability

- they will always manipulate the population with brainwashed Tv house-progs etc in their media to con ignorant buyers into a price-rise war which results in Bankers collecting massive exponential interest out of all the ignorant fekkers who buy into the idea of ever-rising prices!

(note how many 'presenters' were from 'Elite' families (or are related) heh heh)

Then comes the winners (bankers - they get YOUR(ahem) castle house back for a pittance) and not-so-flush anymore loo-sers stage (ignorants who bought in rising market and don't revert to renting, prize winning neg-equity kings 'n queens)

Then they lay in wait for half a generation to con the next lot of 'ignorants'

Hope that helps! :rolleyes:

Edited by erranta

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

As long as (bought politicians too) Bankers are allowed to conjure up lending cash & have no personal liability

- they will always manipulate the population with brainwashed Tv house-progs etc in their media to con ignorant buyers into a price-rise war which results in Bankers collecting massive exponential interest out of all the ignorant fekkers who buy into the idea of ever-rising prices!

(note how many 'presenters' were from 'Elite' families (or are related) heh heh

Then comes the winners (bankers - they get YOUR(ahem) house back for a pittance) and not-so-flush anymore loo-sers stage (ignorants who bought in rising market and don't revert to renting)

Then they lay in wait for half a generation to con the next lot of 'ignorants'

Hope that helps! :rolleyes:

The crash in 89-92 allowed so many families to trade up.

Always with the elites to blame, forgetting how the majority of homeowners were fixated on telling people how much their homes had risen in value, or still smug about it. Too complacent, and eagerly encouraging younger people to buy with you can't go wrong with property. Not prepared to listen to explanations it was cheaper to buy in their day, as they tell of their own struggles to do without after buying a home for a few thousand pounds.

You can see it in that Mumsnet thread. Owners wanting prices to go up, with absolutely no thought to the positon of non owners. All too eager to take on quarter million pounds for some pathetic little flat or house. If they're ignorant they deserve to learn the hard way. They even want houses to go up when they're looking at trading up. These people don't deserve to own homes, over smarter renters.

HOLA443

The crash in 89-92 allowed so many families to trade up.

Always with the elites to blame, forgetting how the majority of homeowners were fixated on telling people how much their homes had risen in value, or still smug about it. Too complacent, and eagerly encouraging younger people to buy with you can't go wrong with property. Not prepared to listen to explanations it was cheaper to buy in their day, as they tell of their own struggles to do without after buying a home for a few thousand pounds.

You can see it in that Mumsnet thread. Owners wanting prices to go up, with absolutely no thought to the positon of non owners. All too eager to take on quarter million pounds for some pathetic little flat or house. If they're ignorant they deserve to learn the hard way. They even want houses to go up when they're looking at trading up. These people don't deserve to own homes, over smarter renters.

Bragging power - keeping one up over Joneses. Personal (worth-less) Vanity?

But they have been kept ignorant during education by Elite parasites and 'brainwashed'

HOLA444

but most people cant see the contradiction in the buying and selling

they want the highest price possible for their house, but when it comes to buy i bet they will try everything to knock thousands off the price their seller wants. you cant have it both ways.

i say not bother giving her or anyone who fails to see reality any advice. let them realise too late and chase the market down. if people cant see past their own greed for £, and actually want to sell and move them more fool them.

HOLA445

but most people cant see the contradiction in the buying and selling

they want the highest price possible for their house, but when it comes to buy i bet they will try everything to knock thousands off the price their seller wants. you cant have it both ways.

i say not bother giving her or anyone who fails to see reality any advice. let them realise too late and chase the market down. if people cant see past their own greed for £, and actually want to sell and move them more fool them.

Isn't there an old adage about making your profit when you buy something, not when you sell it.

HOLA446

Every one like this who is hitting the limit of their ability to manage their debt is great news, just one distressed sale in a street is a cluster bomb among price expectations for everything similar in that street, even those who are not even trying to sell, their house is losing them money without them doing anything. So glad to hear these people are waking up, very heartening, and brings hope for the future.

HOLA447

Even to this day people are encouraged to push themselves to their financial limits to buy a house. Many of these buyers will never be able to sell because the value of the house will be less than their mortgage.

Stricter lending cirteria like we have here in Ireland is what is needed to put an end to these issues.

On another note I am going to do some googling this weekend to see which media outles were the first to push the can't sell it then rent it idea.

HOLA448

Even to this day people are encouraged to push themselves to their financial limits to buy a house. Many of these buyers will never be able to sell because the value of the house will be less than their mortgage.

Stricter lending cirteria like we have here in Ireland is what is needed to put an end to these issues.

On another note I am going to do some googling this weekend to see which media outles were the first to push the can't sell it then rent it idea.

Who cares. It just means their stuck. Their own decision to buy, whatever excuses they have to do so. Media, parents telling them, total ignorance.

There are plenty of owners who can lower their asking price when they come to sell. Want to see them reduce hard, even if it pushes your victims into really deep horrific negative equity.

Older sellers especially who either own outright or have plenty of equity. Those in the larger family homes they've hogged for many years, seen go up in value x100 times, and complain they can't afford to heat, and that they're getting no interest on their savings.

Edited by Venger

HOLA449

......debt is taken on with the understanding that it will be repaid......cars depreciate don't they, they will just have to live in it longer and pay it back faster, the extra low interest rates should help.....who do they expect should repay their debt the person they sell it to? :blink:

So if you can't pay your rent who pays it the landlord? :huh:

HOLA4410

More stories like this and we may even one day start to build a productive economy. Went for a meal with some people, all in their 20s or 30s apart from one who is probably In his 50s. All graduates with jobs and all apart from one lived in HMO. The 50 year old was the only one in his own property, and wait for it, he had just bought his fifth house!

HOLA4411

More stories like this and we may even one day start to build a productive economy. Went for a meal with some people, all in their 20s or 30s apart from one who is probably In his 50s. All graduates with jobs and all apart from one lived in HMO. The 50 year old was the only one in his own property, and wait for it, he had just bought his fifth house!

.....another five properties the banks own. ;)

HOLA4412

And that is part of the problem, those people in their 20s and 30s have accepted the situation. They need to wake up and stop being landlord slaves. So we have a vision of the future where boomers' houses are inherited and converted to HMO for the worker slaves and the UKs wealth transfer continues ... and the great thing is they don't need to build more houses as one four bed can be 'home' to four families.

Exactly, out of sight out of mind.....fine until they want to settle down and bring up a family....I wouldn't count on any inheritance, could well be in your 60s before if lucky enough to receive any of that...bit late in the day for procreating. ;)

HOLA4413

There is an HPC fifth column that clandestinely operates there.

Am just wondering if Miss Madam / Yellow Wellies is around. She has done a sterling job with letting folk over there know the reality fo the market.

Her baby was due in November, so she might be too busy to post at the moment.

And that is part of the problem, those people in their 20s and 30s have accepted the situation. They need to wake up and stop being landlord slaves.

What would you have them do? My 20something self managed to escape by moving back in with family to save for a deposit then getting a council house, but this is hardly an option for everyone. If you don't have family who have room for you nearby, don't have the funds for a deposit and aren't likely to get council housing, there aren't a lot of options other than private rental.

HOLA4414

Wow. Penny dropped, demographics, people waking up, realising that debt isn't the answer and houses can't just carry on going up.

Very bearish. And agree that HPCers should avoid the thread.

Nothing to gain, the majority of people commenting already (established mumsnetters presumably) are talking sense.

The Mumsnet OP seems to be winding a few people up as well.

Hope she is learning something that she wouldn't read in the express or mail.

Her sense of entitlement is huge and very annoying.

HOLA4415

Janethewitch

I know most of you are lovely people just giving honest advice, and I am so grateful. I honestly do not have a sense of entitlement no matter what those brain damaged idiots on HPC say, if prices do not rise again we will find away. Just like we found a way of buying our first and second house, unlike the 99% of those bitter and twisted HPC lot who spend their lives crying for what they are not man enough to get for themselves, and I assume most are male.

:unsure:

If only I was a real man.

HOLA4416

Many of them also believe it's a great time to buy. Going from that ITV thread the other day, you've got buyers genuinely believing and saying prices are at an all-time-low and great time to buy.

On top of that you've got aa3 wanting doctors and other professionals to buy up hundreds of homes to let out, for the good of their own children. So the children can have ready-made portfolio generating them hundreds of thousands of pounds a year. The thinking behind it being they'll make perfect landlords, and only their children matter. Not other individuals, who are just there to be fleeced for rent, and expected to be grateful.

It's a market, full of different opinions and attitudes to values and risk. Each individual makes and are responsible for your own decisions.

My job isn't to pity those still buying homes high prices, despite them being young and innocent and been astray by their parents and media, whilst spending decades renting and priced out myself. I'd gladly deal with every single SMIer Stansfield style (Leon - in the apartment, recovering what was owed to him) without any guilt whatsoever, if being granted power to use such force.

They're eager to gobble off bankers debt so that's their own choice, and believe the media. Nor pity for any others who took 110% mortgages in the past, outbidding others in the market who refused to taken on massive debts to meet ever more preposterous asking prices.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Some HPCers could use their grey matter a little more in relation to Mumsnet threads. That was a really busy thread on a forum that gets loads of traffic and was completely full of realistic messages to the OP. By linked it here (& potentially HPCers cross-posting) it has been completely derailed and all the good messages now lost behind a view of "oh it's just the nutters from HPC".

HOLA4419

Some HPCers could use their grey matter a little more in relation to Mumsnet threads. That was a really busy thread on a forum that gets loads of traffic and was completely full of realistic messages to the OP. By linked it here (& potentially HPCers cross-posting) it has been completely derailed and all the good messages now lost behind a view of "oh it's just the nutters from HPC".

Agree about the linking but in fairness, its only the OP whose tried to tar hpc with that brush-most of the others seem very realistic-and aligned with the hpc viewpoint even though as far as I can see its not hpcers posting.

HOLA4420

Agree about the linking but in fairness, its only the OP whose tried to tar hpc with that brush-most of the others seem very realistic-and aligned with the hpc viewpoint even though as far as I can see its not hpcers posting.

The HPC posts stand out a mile - as does the fact that they began a significant way into that thread, so the MN regulars were dong a perfectly good job of explaining a little reality to their OP before anyone from here got involved.

That said, none of the posts that I could see were rude. Certainly not as rude as the OP turned out to be when she exposed herself as the type of self entitled toy-thrower she claimed not to be. Kind of funny that she took the opportunity to dismiss the entire thread and ****** off somewhere else where they'll tell her what she wants to hear though.

HOLA4421

Janethewitch

I know most of you are lovely people just giving honest advice, and I am so grateful. I honestly do not have a sense of entitlement no matter what those brain damaged idiots on HPC say, if prices do not rise again we will find away. Just like we found a way of buying our first and second house, unlike the 99% of those bitter and twisted HPC lot who spend their lives crying for what they are not man enough to get for themselves, and I assume most are male.

:unsure:

If only I was a real man.

This person reminds me of the feather girls on WWI and WWII. They would ride around on bicycles and pin white feathers on men in civilian clothing.

They did this to shame them into signing up to rush the enemy machine guns. A lot of them did, yet felt no regret at the millions who died.

If somebody pinned a white feather on me to shame me into dying in a war they'd probaby get a glasgow kiss.

A lot of feminism is attempting to use the past concepts of shame, to make men do things they don't want to do.

Like man up and get married.

Men say no, while their sense of masculinity is crushed.

So men retreat into the bowels of the internet. Like here, where we don't have to change for others who want to come in.

HOLA4422

Why?

They were perfectly willing to engage in schadenfreude on the way up. Whats so wrong with schadenfreude and putting the boot in one the way down?

HOLA4423

The HPC posts stand out a mile - as does the fact that they began a significant way into that thread, so the MN regulars were dong a perfectly good job of explaining a little reality to their OP before anyone from here got involved.

That said, none of the posts that I could see were rude. Certainly not as rude as the OP turned out to be when she exposed herself as the type of self entitled toy-thrower she claimed not to be. Kind of funny that she took the opportunity to dismiss the entire thread and ****** off somewhere else where they'll tell her what she wants to hear though.

Maybe we should send Injin their way....... :)

HOLA4424

Why?

They were perfectly willing to engage in schadenfreude on the way up. Whats so wrong with schadenfreude and putting the boot in one the way down?

I don't see the point in that. Directing any sort of ill feeling towards other people usually just has a negative effect on you and bugger all on them. Maybe I'm just getting old and soft, but I can't be arsed with putting the boot in.

Maybe we should send Injin their way....... :)

That would a be classed as cruel and unusual. I'm pretty sure there's an internet law against inflicting Injin on the unwary ;)

HOLA4425

A lot of feminism is attempting to use the past concepts of shame, to make men do things they don't want to do.

Like man up and get married.

Men say no, while their sense of masculinity is crushed.

I would hardly characterise persuading men to get married as a particularly important characteristic of feminism.

Remember, not everyone who pretends to associate with HPC shares the forum goals. We've had a massive problem with organised trolling, and cross-forum trolling is utterly outside anyone's control.

There are even some of us who think house prices are overinflated and this needs to change, AND have low tolerance for silly sexist crap too! And yes HPCers, use your sense. The points we want to make were being articulated very well by established MNers, who needed absolutely no help from anyone here. For the record, I'm banned from MN, lest anyone should think me biased.