House Price Crash Forum

Snooker Table-Sized Flat

HOLA441
HOLA442

Not sure whether anyone has posted this yet...

snooker table flat

Attracting "6-figure offers"!!!! :lol:

Except it probably is worth six figures. If you aim for a 5% gross yield, you need just £420pcm after the service charge. If you can find a housing benefit recipient who wants it, you'll be minted ....

(I am not tempted myself, but it seems a perfectly reasonable deal compared to many other properties that no-one bothers posting on here)

HOLA443

Except it probably is worth six figures. If you aim for a 5% gross yield, you need just £420pcm after the service charge. If you can find a housing benefit recipient who wants it, you'll be minted ....

(I am not tempted myself, but it seems a perfectly reasonable deal compared to many other properties that no-one bothers posting on here)

its a kitchen...a small kitchen.

HOLA444

Not sure whether anyone has posted this yet...

snooker table flat

Attracting "6-figure offers"!!!! :lol:

I just found a hotel for £100 a night in very central London so to say a hotel would cost £200 a night is very wrong and it looks from the photos to be a lot nicer than that, it also shows he doesn't actually know the market like he thinks he does.

HOLA445

Hate to say it but I'm ashamed to agree it is worth it - if you want to be able to walk to work (which'll save a ton on Tube fares) while needing a crashpad during the week. You'd probably be able to rent it out on most weekends too.

I suspect the current insanity that is London will probably mean it'll go for a quarter of a million.

Edited by StainlessSteelCat

HOLA446
HOLA447

These Knightsbridge broom cupboard conversions were first done in the late 80s, when they went for the eye-watering price of 40K, and prompted the Stephen Fry "compact and bijou, Mostyn" advert for A&L.

And just before the whole market came crashing down. I tend to look on these news stories as crash signifiers – I remember them so well from the days of shoulder pads.

On the economics of it - looking at the state of the place and the price, which could be argued as "reasonable" (on a price per sq ft basis it could have an asking price of >£150k) – I wonder what lease that place is on. Whenever a flat comes up in Knightsbridge with a price that doesn't make your eyes water, it usually means it's on a sub-50 year lease. So, you're looking at practically doubling the cost of the place to avoid having whatever you pay for it whittled down as the years go by. And don't forget the service charges.

HOLA448
HOLA449

its a kitchen...a small kitchen.

It used to be against building regs, to have a toilet door directly onto a "Kitchen." Guess thats all been done away with in our rush back to the 17th century.

The Parker Morris committee must be spinning in their graves.

Edited by Socially Housed

HOLA4410

In the food industry food of unacceptable quality is condemned as unfit for human consumption. That place should be condemned as unfit for human habitation.

Even if it was possible to maintain hygiene standards, the effect on the occupants' mental health must surely be a cause for concern.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Hate to say it but I'm ashamed to agree it is worth it - if you want to be able to walk to work (which'll save a ton on Tube fares) while needing a crashpad during the week. You'd probably be able to rent it out on most weekends too.

I suspect the current insanity that is London will probably mean it'll go for a quarter of a million.

London...the human bee hive.

HOLA4413

These Knightsbridge broom cupboard conversions were first done in the late 80s, when they went for the eye-watering price of 40K, and prompted the Stephen Fry "compact and bijou, Mostyn" advert for A&L.

Which goes to show these broom cupboards have done pretty badly compared to other London prime....125% profit or Nick Ross's 3900% profit (and that was Notting Hill hardly Belgravia or St. James). I agree this looks too cheap, we are talking the greatest city centre in the world.

HOLA4414

To progress as a society, we need to lose sight of this ridiculous notion that you should be able to actually live in the residential property that you purchase.

Surely young people today should be given the option of a matchbox-sized compartment in an affluent London area? From this they could progress to a shoe box. Perhaps eventually something they could stand very upright in for a few minutes each day.

Why are we denying our young an opportunity to be on the ladder by restricting buying opportunities to something as large as this?

HOLA4415

To progress as a society, we need to lose sight of this ridiculous notion that you should be able to actually live in the residential property that you purchase.

Surely young people today should be given the option of a matchbox-sized compartment in an affluent London area? From this they could progress to a shoe box. Perhaps eventually something they could stand very upright in for a few minutes each day.

Why are we denying our young an opportunity to be on the ladder by restricting buying opportunities to something as large as this?

Why not take the property craze into a virtual world and let realty crash in value.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I doubt they would spend that much time in it, they would be spending most of their time in the office working to pay for it....only problem being they couldn't exactly invite their friends round for dinner, say good buy at the door and keep them wondering what lays behind it.....a hole in one. ;)

HOLA4419

Knightsbridge 'snooker table flat' up for sale for £90,000

http://www.bbc.co.uk...london-19763791

1. Great Deal - It may look a bit like a broom cupboard but the price tag is £90,000 and it boasts Harrods as the corner shop.

2. I thought 7zip offered the best compression. But this "snooker table flat" format is better compressed !!

Edited by getknk

HOLA4420

Start your own investment instrument. Launch it as the "London Knightsbridge" Fund on the New York Stock Exchange, this flat backs 1bn shares, priced at $1 each.

"Own a piece of Knightsbridge", which is a sound investment. They're not making anymore of it.

HOLA4421

Its a bargin, I'd value it at 150,000 plus if the lease is over 50 years, If I worked in the city would definitly buy it, great location, perfect crash pad, and if a hotel is 100 notes a night, a two bed flat around there is over 500,000, so that and a 400,000 place elsewhere, sorted

HOLA4422

Its a bargin, I'd value it at 150,000 plus if the lease is over 50 years, If I worked in the city would definitly buy it, great location, perfect crash pad, and if a hotel is 100 notes a night, a two bed flat around there is over 500,000, so that and a 400,000 place elsewhere, sorted

Have to agree with this but... no life really is it? Welcome to the real London 2012.

Edited by pl1

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Creative thinking. The 'ladder' could become your literal home to save even more space, though getting to your approved rung might prove problematic if the guy downstairs is in already.

HOLA4425
Guest TheBlueCat

It used to be against building regs, to have a toilet door directly onto a "Kitchen." Guess thats all been done away with in our rush back to the 17th century.

The Parker Morris committee must be spinning in their graves.

That one went quite a while back I think. I suspect it was more to do with modern toilets and plumbing being somewhat less of a health hazard than the 17th century varieties. At the point the regs remove the requirement for the door, then I think we'll have properly regressed.