• Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Just got back from Greece and, ****** me, it's cold here. I've brought out the winter duvet and am still thinking about switching the heating on.

Summer? :angry:

I've got some of these on:

http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/ladies/ladies-sheepskin-boots/sheepskin-house-boots

Best present from last Christmas. Didn't expect to be wearing them in 'summer', though.

Pair of these + nice warm jumper certainly cut heating bills last year.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Unless everyone on here has very thermally efficient houses with u-vals of 0.19 or better. But I like a room temp of 20c and UK weather does not provide for this so the heating is on first thing in the morning and sometimes at night time too. If the thermostat is turned down low with an efficient boiler it burns very little.

Living in a cold enough climate IMO would be miserable in a cold house even if you got used to it. Sure you could live of pot noddles or something equivalent but what's the point.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Do what? I will be down the beach all day today as I was Monday, bodyboarding without a wetsuit.

Ok I need to put long trousers on in the evening now but central heating? You muts be joking.

Long trousers? Haven't worn them for many months, except for formal occasions. Monday night stuck to the usual shorts+t-shirt to go for an outdoors meal, with a 40-minute bike ride home at 11-ish. Out again (elsewhere) this evening, will wear similar.

HOLA4413

Didn't we have a long running thread about this last year? Or was it the year before? Or both?

When one starts reading the same stuff over and over* and having these sorts of thoughts, one is forced to confront the sad fact that one may have been on this board too long.

*Posts by Injin not included, otherwise we'd all be off after our first day here.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Long trousers? Haven't worn them for many months, except for formal occasions. Monday night stuck to the usual shorts+t-shirt to go for an outdoors meal, with a 40-minute bike ride home at 11-ish. Out again (elsewhere) this evening, will wear similar.

I have been out-harded! And this is by someone in the frozen north (of Devon).

HOLA4417

I have been out-harded! And this is by someone in the frozen north (of Devon).

I dont work in an office an I'm a cyclist: Like Porca, I generally only wear more than a T-shirt and shorts between October and April. It always shocks (too strong word, but WTF) me when I visit an office and the women (and it is usually just the women, and all of them at that) complain about how cold it is today whilst I am feeling quite uncomfortably warm.

HOLA4418

I've got some of these on:

http://www.celtic-sheepskin.co.uk/ladies/ladies-sheepskin-boots/sheepskin-house-boots

Best present from last Christmas. Didn't expect to be wearing them in 'summer', though.

Pair of these + nice warm jumper certainly cut heating bills last year.

I covet your boots Mrs Bear but I have to make do with a cheapo pair from Sainsburys that cost £15 in their 25% off sale :lol: but they do the job of keeping my feet warm well enough. Have also got some fur lined fingerless gloves for when I'm using the computer, I really do suffer from cold extremities in the Winter.

I actually put the heating on this morning for an hour but that was to test the system was in good working order ahead of the onset of winter. Apart from having to change the batteries in the thermostat it's all ready to go but not until after 1st October.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Didn't we have a long running thread about this last year? Or was it the year before? Or both?

When one starts reading the same stuff over and over* and having these sorts of thoughts, one is forced to confront the sad fact that one may have been on this board too long.

*Posts by Injin not included, otherwise we'd all be off after our first day here.

If I recall, last year I caved-in and put the heating on when I got back off hols, such was the thermal shock.

I'll be alright in a few days but for the time being brrrrrr.

HOLA4422

Think I've put my heating on about 10 times in the past year, and not once have I closed all my windows. Lowest temperature I've had has been about 10C, I put the heating on for guests in winter, if they are old or with children. My gas bill is about £5 a month, (I use it to heat my water).

You can have cold baths up to November if your really frugal, really refreshing too!

HOLA4423

I dont work in an office an I'm a cyclist: Like Porca, I generally only wear more than a T-shirt and shorts between October and April. It always shocks (too strong word, but WTF) me when I visit an office and the women (and it is usually just the women, and all of them at that) complain about how cold it is today whilst I am feeling quite uncomfortably warm.

Can't wait for the office heat war this year. I've got the plumber to remove the temperature control so it can't be put on on the radiator by me..

Muhahahahahahahahahahaaahhaahahhahahahahaaaaaa

HOLA4424

Just got back from Greece and, ****** me, it's cold here. I've brought out the winter duvet and am still thinking about switching the heating on.

Summer? :angry:

You went to Greece and acclimatised to their temperature. So when you came back it seems cold.

Just give it a week or so to adjust back. The body adjusts slowly.

HOLA4425

39 degrees in Dhahran right now - air con going flat out :P

Sometimes things can get a little too hot......am I the only one, but unless it is really hot outside I would rather open a car window than have the air con on, something about air conditioning, like when they have it on full blast in shopping malls it makes the head ache. ;)

Archived