House Price Crash Forum

The Official Hpc 'how Long Will Broon Last' Thread

Guest UK Debt Slave

HOLA441

If striking catches on, and serious disruption is achieved, IMO he may be forced to stand down if he is seen as the target of the unrest, no one in Labour will replace him but there will have to be an "emergency" coalition of all the parties. The problem the sheeple have got is that it`s no good shouting and throwing things at politicians now when it`s too late, globalisation has been going on for ages pricing people out of jobs, they just chose to turn a blind eye as long as they were allowed to MEW away. The sheeple need to address how they themselves have allowed things to get to this state, and start making politicians properly accountable by not voting Labour ten times in a row because it`s what old Gran Pappy did!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

He'll last until the GE, where he'll lose, and blame the defeat on the global financial crisis that started in america and that he was powerless to control. Infact, i'm pretty sure his spin doctors have got the speech ready prepared. There's no way he's leaving any sooner, we really will have to vote him out at the ballot box.

HOLA444
I agree, though I've already lost money on my punt with Betfair he would be gone before the end of 2008...

Worst PM in history - not sure, and in any case I'd prefer if things remained sufficiently in the balance that the tories aren't a shoe-in, and the libdems can engineer a deal on electoral reform and stop the 2-party adversarial crap that encourages boom-bust by its very polarised dynamic.

Disagree with the notion that PR is any better than first past the post, there are plenty of examples of PR being a total basket case.

The tories ARE a shoe in nothing will change that, not even time. One thing is for certain though and that is that Brown must go and must go sooner rather than later.

Edited by Godley

HOLA445

What just happend on the betting front?

http://politicalbetting.bestbetting.com/sp...s/european-odds

Next General Election Winning Party, Labour Odds Rise.

ChartPlain.png

I can give anyone here on this forum 3/1 odds on Labour winning,

and cover it with an exchange bet of 3.5/1. Free money

Tories are 33/100 and I can't cover it on an exchange with 0.24/1

Carry on as you were Gordon :)

Edited by Mr. Parry

HOLA446
Sadly, I think it will go all the way to the GE (next year) when he will however lose convincingly and go down as the worst PM in history.

Agreed. 5 May 2010.

In the aftermath of that, Labour will change its rules to make it easier to depose a leader while the party is in office, and fixed term parliaments will also be on the agenda, IMO.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Agreed. 5 May 2010.

In the aftermath of that, Labour will change its rules to make it easier to depose a leader while the party is in office, and fixed term parliaments will also be on the agenda, IMO.

They should also make it that no person can serve longer than 2 terms as PM.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

HOLA449
They should also make it that no person can serve longer than 2 terms as PM.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.

I agree with that... also this business of a PM calling an election when it suits him/her is just wrong (particularly when they can do things in budgets to kid the public - though they all do it) - fixed terms!

The people should come first not the politicians: for them it should be a privilege to represent and serve us.

No more career politicians, better a system of two term maximum sabbaticals, at least then we'll get experience of people who've run businesses, or actually lived and contributed to the real world.

Please, please, no more (or at least a good deal fewer) wet behind the ear university graduates and local councillors and administrators.

We need the cream, not the crap.

Edited by tinker

HOLA4410
Comparison to the great Julius Caesar? You're having a laugh.

What about that prime minister who was assassinated in 1812 - Spencer Percival? Nobody remembers him, but the parallels will prove to be uncanny:

Freaky.

Let's not go down that road, even in jest. He should be taken to a home for the bewildered, as Dame Edna would say, he is exhausted and suffering from delusions. He should go before he gives Darling a nervous breakdown, the poor old s*d who has had this rubbish dropped in his lap pretty much, complete with a pair of perhaps prop glasses?!

HOLA4411

This is what I think will happen:

Brown will hang on as long as possible, which, unless I am mistaken, will be May 2010. Then Labour will lose their majority. David Cameron will become PM. And then the Tories will show themselves to be even worse at running the shop than Labour (although the Conservatives will spend years using the "We're sorting out the mess that Labour have left us" line for the next ten years in order to hide their own incompetence, until they, too, are given the boot).

David Cameron will be elected because he is not Gordon Brown, like John Major was re-elected in 1992 simply because he wasn't Neil Kinnock.

I also think we'll see a rise in the popularity of nationalist parties like the BNP and UKIP - although thankfully they'll never achieve power. Though I suspect they might get more council seats and possible get an MEP or two.

The Lib Dems will fade into insignificance.

HOLA4412
I predicted he would be gone by the end of summer 2008. Shows you how much I know :)

Now I think he will hang on for grim death. He will only go when forced out kicking and screaming at the last possible minute.

If he is allowed to hang on until the next GE which could be spring or autumn this year, then it's only because the Labour Party think nothing will improve their electoral prospects anyway. Or it could be they don't want to preside over the main act in the severe downturn or Depression, and would prefer to let the Tories take the flack as the UK fails to resurface as quickly as some forecast.

I would say I have more chance of Kate Winslet knocking on my door in satin-like wet-look tanga briefs with a rose between her teeth than Labour getting a majority next time. It's a shame on the good Labour MPs but that's life, many will be out, some of you will say they get the marching orders that they deserve - probably not always true.

Edited by The Last Bear

HOLA4413

Just to be contrary I'll take the long shot and say 2115. ;)

Now that will a few of you frothing at the mouth. But just think, the Tories are going to have to say specifically what they will do and who they will cut, whose job let go to the wall - and exactly who (perhaps rich) they are trying to 'save'.

Politics happens despite your strong personal emotions about a politician. Thatcher is a case in point. On the recieving end of as much vitriol as Brown. Created lots of unemployment. Did just fine in politics despite that.

To predict an election you don't consider what you think, you assess what the overall mix of voters think. Current polls say Brown is out, but polls change.

HOLA4414
Guest mattsta1964
This is what I think will happen:

Brown will hang on as long as possible, which, unless I am mistaken, will be May 2010. Then Labour will lose their majority. David Cameron will become PM. And then the Tories will show themselves to be even worse at running the shop than Labour (although the Conservatives will spend years using the "We're sorting out the mess that Labour have left us" line for the next ten years in order to hide their own incompetence, until they, too, are given the boot).

David Cameron will be elected because he is not Gordon Brown, like John Major was re-elected in 1992 simply because he wasn't Neil Kinnock.

I also think we'll see a rise in the popularity of nationalist parties like the BNP and UKIP - although thankfully they'll never achieve power. Though I suspect they might get more council seats and possible get an MEP or two.

The Lib Dems will fade into insignificance.

I think independent sovereign government is nearly over in the UK

The EU will take charge soon. We'll adopt the Euro as our currency and parliament will be an irrelevence

I don't reckon Cameron is expecting to be our next PM because he already knows the globalists have other plans. The UK will just become a group of regions in the EU

This is assuming the people will accept the end of our nationality without chopping a few heads off

HOLA4415
I think independent sovereign government is nearly over in the UK

The EU will take charge soon. We'll adopt the Euro as our currency and parliament will be an irrelevence

I don't reckon Cameron is expecting to be our next PM because he already knows the globalists have other plans. The UK will just become a group of regions in the EU

This is assuming the people will accept the end of our nationality without chopping a few heads off

The EU is already regarded in much, but I have hope and confidence that we will step back from the abyss of losing our own future self-determination.

HOLA4416
I think he'll "last" 3 minutes and 42 seconds before his toes curl and his eyes glaze over.

That's giving you an image you didn't want...

Whilst it's fair to say I truely cannot stand Brown, forcing him to listen to "I haven't stopped dancing yet" by Pat and Mick is a bit evil even for me.

HOLA4417

I'm just watching World at War on how the commons turned on Chamberlain and we got Churchill.

During the Norway Debate of 7 May, Leo Amery – who had been one of Chamberlain's personal friends – delivered a devastating indictment of Chamberlain's conduct of the war. In concluding his speech, he quoted the words of Oliver Cromwell to the Long Parliament:

“ You have sat too long here for any good you have been doing. Depart, I say, and let us have done with you. In the name of God, go. ” Brown!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

i think he'll suffer a medical problem soon. he'll go blind, the stress will eat up his lifeforce. his brain will fail, his toes will ingrow causing a brain tuma, his anus will close in protest, doctors will find lumps of lead throughout his body of the 9mm kind after he died peacefully in his sleep whilst being run ver by a cow herd of driven by angry hertford farmers

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
yes - he loves it.

cant believe how funny the c**T finds his mobile ringing. That wasnt even that funny when mobiles were first invented.

When they showed it on the BBC they only showed the first ring - and then how humourous he was dealing with the journo. Set up to make him look human?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I predict he'll last the term. Look at recent history: Peter Mandelson, or Lord Liar the Sausage Jockey, is a good example of what to expect. Lying, cheating, sleazy, disgraced scum always do well under this government. If you get sacked twice then all is forgiven. The British people have elected Labour for a third term knowing their disgusting habits. Those that voted Labour in for a third term obviously enjoy the abuse. They are like a battered wife who never leaves her abusive husband.

Mr 'Prudence' did not predict a recession! Are we expected to believe this from Mr Golden Rule? This is either pure deception or criminal negligence. Either way it shows he is not fit for any job.

The trouble with government is that it doesn't govern. They get elected and screw up pensions, jobs, health, education and housing because they meddle. It's all short-term glory seeking. A computer program or a monkey would be better placed to make decisions.

Brown and Blair are both dangerous and cynical c**ts. That is fact. What worries me is why the British public allowed this to continue. Perhaps it's symptomatic of the education system and the inappropriate role models. Why have the public become so gullible? I don't think they give a crap.

The very best we can hope for that they do the right thing for the people and call a general election. We should all be proud of Britain. Labour managed to take that away from me.

Edited by Xurbia

HOLA4425
When they showed it on the BBC they only showed the first ring - and then how humourous he was dealing with the journo. Set up to make him look human?

I agree. It was staged. Any person given the right to be the prime minister of a country should be well versed on turning a mobile phone off/on silent during a global televised conference.

Edited to add: or not given the right

Edited by doctorbone