House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
4 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

How did anyone read anything without the internet.

That’s what the MSM is for. Dacre and Murdoch were meant to be corralling the masses into Brexit up until recently 

HOLA444
17 minutes ago, sPinwheel said:

How did anyone read anything without the internet.

The Treaty of Rome was published in 1957 and had nothing whatsoever to do with Britain.

Unless newspapers or the TV news mentioned and explained it, nobody would have been any the wiser.

Nobody told us, and 'Ever closer Union' was never understood to mean an United States of Europe.

HOLA445
HOLA446
19 minutes ago, Byron said:

The Treaty of Rome was published in 1957 and had nothing whatsoever to do with Britain.

Unless newspapers or the TV news mentioned and explained it, nobody would have been any the wiser.

Nobody told us, and 'Ever closer Union' was never understood to mean an United States of Europe.

This is what people believed in the 1970's about going into the EEC, and it was trotted out for the referendum in 1975. I know, I was there, I remember it. This reassurance from Heath, and similar from Wilson was probably the reason the majority agreed to stay in the Common Market. It worked for me then. But we all know now it was a lie.

HOLA447
HOLA448
59 minutes ago, kzb said:

If all we succeed in is imploding the Tory party and probably Labour too, that alone would have made it worthwhile.

They will both survive our first past the post voting system will see to that.

Anything bad that happens for the next 20 years will be blamed on Brexit and by extension the electorate for voting for it. 

HOLA449
34 minutes ago, Byron said:

We went round this loop upstream and it was clear the information was available and published by the No side. Whether anyone read it or cared is a different issue.

HOLA4410
42 minutes ago, Byron said:

So you're saying the British people were thick and ignorant?

HOLA4411
50 minutes ago, Byron said:

Did you read it. Or any of the recent texts like the Lisbon Treaty?

Or did you let newspapers tell you what it was about.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
On 05/10/2017 at 7:40 AM, HairyOb1 said:

And bless sweet cheeks, you think that statement's racist, to try and score a point, because I've said a lot of leavers are racist.

It isn't, wasn't, and will continue not to be.

But you carry on with this desperate attempt to obfuscate SS, it's very funny.

:lol:  Are you on medication?

On 29/06/2017 at 7:27 PM, HairyOb1 said:

In my industry, that's so true, it's shocking.  All the EU leave, so we give tier 4 business visas to Pakistanis, Indians and Chinese to fill the gaps, whom after 4 years of working, can claim UK citizenship and bring their families over.

It's just a smokescreen really, keep their eyes on europe and don't look to Asia.

Without wanting to sound bigoted, as I am not, I do believe, culturally, we have more in common with our EU cousins than we do with our asian ones..

On 05/09/2017 at 3:34 PM, HairyOb1 said:

Wow, you've really bought into this shite haven't you.

I work in IT.  It's not overrun with Europeans, it's overrun with Asians.  All on Tier 4 business visas, helped to stay on and demand family reunion by Indian Consultancies over here, courtesy of most of the people campaigning for Brexit, as they can dip their fingers in the pie it's created.

The fallacy is, we need immigration, so we're giving out visas like sweets in IT as we cannot supply our own folk.

On 05/09/2017 at 3:52 PM, HairyOb1 said:

...and then claim family reunion for the 10 family members after 4 years as a right.

Controlled means a company like CCA can apply for 100 IT workers to come here on tier 4 visas, allow them to pay less tax, pay them less than the UK median, allow them to then bring in their non working family over here after 4 years, meaning the 100 is now closer to 1000 and 900 aren't working?

That's how it works, you get that don't you?  It isn't controlled.

Then they have English citizenship.  You somehow think this is managed well, and not subject to massive misuse and also good.

all for your family?

As I said, you're deranged.

On 05/09/2017 at 3:59 PM, HairyOb1 said:

It is, I can assure you, one of these Indian consultancies is a client.  They ship them in, they stay, they being over their family.  I have no issues with it however, think about it.

This reduces tax take, and reduces wages.

But to simply put out some chronic nonsense about FOM and not understand Immigration numbers are much higher with Chinese and Indians  - well, it's crackers.

Tier 4 business visas are handed out like sweets to the global consultancies.  They do not have to pay full tax and after 4 years, they are allowed residency,which in turn allows 'family reunion'.

I'd tried upthread to correct you on your erroneous assertions about controlled immigration and the Tier regime but, for a subject you don't have issues with, you ranted on. 

Classic own goal following the the Will Self quote... you end up as one of the racists in the remainer camp. :lol:

HOLA4415
On 05/10/2017 at 10:50 AM, pig said:

Love the use of image !

I guess it’s  a form of animal territoriality that’s expresses itself variously through history - war, feudalism nationalism etc.

Now we can see our world as a thin layer of gas clinging to a rock spinning in space it does seem crazy. There is no ‘them’  just ‘us’.

Perhaps one well regulated world for everybody is what we should strive for now, the technology can’t be far off the politics just needs to catch up - we’ve had a glimpse of swinging the pendulum back to a world of ‘outer core’ nationalism ( no doubt supported by inner core feudalism !) and it looks awful.

On 3. er nah... but hey let’s hope reform / evolution happens anyway.

Depending on the political structure, that would be great but there are just too many VI's. I mean, look at one, well regulated Europe... 

HOLA4416
On 05/10/2017 at 1:06 PM, EmmaRoid said:

I’m probably the wrong person to ask as the part of the North I live in has an average house price of £450k. But look at all those places where mines, steel works, shipyards and factories closed down, all around the UK not just ‘The North’. 

Fine, let unprofitable industries go to the wall but people were let down by lack of investment to replace them as all money leads to London.

Seems a simple enough fix but then HPI is king...

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
8 minutes ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

Seems a simple enough fix but then HPI is king...

Actually, I'm still waiting for anyone to answer my original question. I like visiting the North of England. Seems quite nice to me. Apparently the folk here love it too and constantly talk London down. So it is kind of confusing to us Southern folk. Has the north been turned into a hellhole hence the brexit vote, or is it as nice as you all say, which begs the question...

Edited by dugsbody

HOLA4419
1 hour ago, onlooker said:

This is what people believed in the 1970's about going into the EEC, and it was trotted out for the referendum in 1975. I know, I was there, I remember it. This reassurance from Heath, and similar from Wilson was probably the reason the majority agreed to stay in the Common Market. It worked for me then. But we all know now it was a lie.

So, any suggestion by Remoaners that we voted for all that the EU has become in 1975 is a blatant lie.

We voted for what Heath told us.

We were robbed.

HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, dugsbody said:

Actually, I'm still waiting for anyone to answer my original question. I like visiting the North of England. Seems quite nice to me. Apparently the folk here love it too and constantly talk London down. So it is kind of confusing to us Southern folk. Has the north been turned into a hellhole hence the brexit vote, or is it as nice as you all say, which begs the question...

That will depend where you go. 

HOLA4421
On 05/10/2017 at 4:36 PM, HairyOb1 said:

Well you're right, you've not read a thing about what I've said outside of not liking brexiteers.  I stand by my point that you're statistically more likely to be a racist voting out, then staying in.  Demonstrably so.  That said, there are a vast amount of 'less privileged' who voted remain, whom I feel for, as the less privileged are more likely to be hurt by brexit than the better off.

Those turkeys who voted for Xmas, no, I have no feelings at all for them, for they've created this giant rod for their backs, or indeed Legs IMHAL and I wish the worst on them, I genuinely do.  I hope they go pleading with their MP's to get back in, if we ever do leave.

I don't really care if people whom I find racist are disrupted by me calling them out as racists, and there are an awful lot on this board, trust me.  However, I have never once said all brexiteers are racist, as that can't be true, I've just said, it's statistically demonstrable they're more likely to be, than to have voted to remain.  It's just a logical truth.

It's a forum, one where you articulate opinions, and share articles, from my viewpoint. Even have discussions, even get to be called names.  I'd venture you wouldn't struggle to count the number of shits I give about being called names.  

:lol: :lol: 

There's just you in your namecalling echo chamber... just search your faves:

usually a name given by gang-banging jail inmates to tiny inmates made into their b1tches
Big John calls Little Joe-Joe the cross-dressing faggot "sweet cheeks". Joe-Joe is such a b1tch!

Someone who bounces up and down on a pen1s with similar enthusiasm of that of a jockey riding a horse. Usually used to describe a homosexual male.

Edited by Sheeple Splinter
member rejection

HOLA4422
On 05/10/2017 at 5:35 PM, pig said:

Well look, I don’t think this is simply all a figment of the MSM imagination and I think Hairy is being a bit unnecessarily gratuitous over the racism thing (sorry, I get the logic Hairy, but...). But it’s the tabloids and others that have been simplistic, have twisted, have stoked.

If we ignore the DNA of the UK’s actual  problems and try to yank the country into a xenophobic hysteria it’s difficult to imagine any actual benefit to Brexit that could make it worthwhile.

Or, given the MSM/tabloid context in which Brexit was voted for, if it is still seen as worthwhile of course people are going to be incredibly suspicious of the motivation.

It's too simplistic to just hang this issue on the MSM.

What about the issues people encountered in their daily lives whilst not looking at a screen?

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
On 06/10/2017 at 2:01 PM, london_thirtythree said:

Lots of our terrorists are born and bred in the UK, but influenced by international factors via more open communication rather than migration.

So we would probably need to switch off the internet to get the benefits described here as well as block immigration.

Essentially its an argument against change, which is fine, but change is not all created by immigration - just that immigration is a more visible indicator of it.

1. If we want more green spaces and a better NHS, then we build/manage more green spaces and create a better NHS - you can do that with immigration just as much as you can fail to do that without immigration.

2. My missus is a damn dirty immigrant - she came here and earned bugger all money for several years and so could be seen as a drain on services, however now earns quite a bit of money and so is a net contributer to the state.  Take your pick on whether she is part of the problem or part of the solution I suppose.

1. Love the vision... 

2.  I've 2, soon to be 3 in my family and all net contributors too. (relatives, not wives) :)

HOLA4425
On 06/10/2017 at 3:48 PM, dryrot said:

(Not really about Brexit) It will be a challenge. When Blair won in 97 the annual deficit was ~6bn, and there was plenty of money in the pension funds. GB and NuLab destroyed the latter and left us with an annual deficit of ~100bn. After years of Tory "austerity" its about £50bn(?). Where will Corbyn get the money? His mate in Venuzuela suggests eating per rabbits, BTW

SInce, the UK is one of the richest countries on the planet... he's going to borrow £500bn?