House Price Crash Forum

The Day The Pound And The Euro Reach 1=1 When ?

HOLA441
I can almost forgive people using airports abroad, especially in the Eurozone because of the demise of the vast majority of bureau de change because they aren't needed for most travellers except Brits.

However, if you use 'Travelex' or similar at an airport in the UK, you will get royally shafted, and deserve to. They have an exchange margin of 10% buy AND sell whilst in every high st and shopping centre in the UK, you will get exchange at 3% - 5% below spot rate at M&S, Sainsburys, some Post Offices, Thomson, etc.

Using a cashpoint machine abroad and paying the 'handling charge' will still give a better rate than the shysters at airports.

the exchange at any airport anywhere in the world is crap..in uk they cream off or scam you for 10% in europe it's between 3% to 5%...if anyone is going to brussels exchange at gold exchange it's next to the bourse they only have 1% between buying and selling no comm too.that's right in the centre.

1% is fair,,,10% is a hold up...there should be a law that no one could rake off more then 3%..even at the airport..

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
If sterling rose so high in comparison to the Euro, we're about to see a monumentous fall. A real bugger for anybody wanting to move out of this cess-pit.

now,now,,things are not that bad...just think compared to gaza how much better off we are.. :lol:;)

that's been turned into a cess-pit..thank your lucky stars were not under anybody's boot..

things will get better in the uk i have seen this sort of crap in the uk before we will come out of it don't worry..look i'm :lol: at the pound going down, but i am still coming home in march to put my money into uk plc...

HOLA447
now,now,,things are not that bad...just think compared to gaza how much better off we are.. :lol:;)

that's been turned into a cess-pit..thank your lucky stars were not under anybody's boot..

things will get better in the uk i have seen this sort of crap in the uk before we will come out of it don't worry..look i'm :lol: at the pound going down, but i am still coming home in march to put my money into uk plc...

I agree..last time I heard he was locked up in some nuthouse..

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest KingCharles1st
Just watching Gloomberg and their ticker says pound is .98.

Apparently Brown's spending plans and mega debt is now seen as "corrosive" to the UK's prospects.

The Scotsman has really dropped us in it--deep too.

It's like being in a bad dream where you are stuck inside a huge brown paper bag, and however hard you try to to punch a hole to escape, it's all ultimately futile...

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
are ther people out ther who think it will never reach 1=1. or like me you know it will get to 1=1 what day in jan 2009 do you think this will happen.

or do you think it will happen before..also will it make any differnce to the average person in the street.

in europe it did not make any differnce when it was £1=1.50 euro's to the average person.

i have said all along 1=1 by march 2009 or before it look's like before now is odd's on.

I know i am a twit so let me now if you think i have been crazy to think what i have since 2007.or was i lucky to have thought that it could or would go 1=1.by march 2009 or before.so pls let me know your thought's..

The Euro and Pound will "kiss" on 14th Febuary 2009. ;)

HOLA4425