House Price Crash Forum

The Day The Pound And The Euro Reach 1=1 When ?

BXLONDONMAN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And a fool closes his eyes and does not listen to what might be coming. We have to look at the ifs..... so Far BXLONDONMAN has been right..... end off.

BXLONDONMAN has also stated many times, that everything will be ok in a year or two. I have yet to coax out of him, his reasons for thinking this.

And a fool closes his eyes and does not listen to what might be coming. We have to look at the ifs..... so Far BXLONDONMAN has been right..... end off.

akerer - did you go to school with BXLONDONMAN ? You share the same punctuation and spelling quirks . :rolleyes:

Nobody really knows, but the pound could reach 1:1 with the euro within the next few days the way things are going. If that happens the rate should be locked and the euro made legal tender here on a 1 for 1 fully interchangeable basis with the pound, which could then be phased out.

Nobody really knows, but the pound could reach 1:1 with the euro within the next few days the way things are going. If that happens the rate should be locked and the euro made legal tender here on a 1 for 1 fully interchangeable basis with the pound, which could then be phased out.

Why should it? You offer no arguments. The parity argument is silly, but not as ridiculous or as dangerous as proposing to adopt the Euro in the current environment.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/...-breadline.html

The bank J P Morgan recently predicted that the pound will sink to a record low of 92p per euro early next year

:blink::blink::blink:

How 'recent' was that prediction? :huh:

IMO, without wishing to sound like Ambrose E-P, that the ECB will come under intense pressure to devalue the Euro in relation to the US dollar as €1 = $1.40 is crippling Eurozone exports. A 20% devaluation of the Euro to $1.12 is the only way that the likes of BMW will have any chance of regaining market share in the US and elsewhere. The pound would then benefit by default. The high value of the Euro is not sustainable for Germany any more than for the Republic of Ireland where money is draining across the border and will continue to do so unless the Euro falls.

IMO, without wishing to sound like Ambrose E-P, that the ECB will come under intense pressure to devalue the Euro in relation to the US dollar as €1 = $1.40 is crippling Eurozone exports. A 20% devaluation of the Euro to $1.12 is the only way that the likes of BMW will have any chance of regaining market share in the US and elsewhere. The pound would then benefit by default. The high value of the Euro is not sustainable for Germany any more than for the Republic of Ireland where money is draining across the border and will continue to do so unless the Euro falls.

I agree with you, as most of my money is in Euro, I am exchanging to pounds in Mid Jan. early Feb.

At some point the euro may fall may be mid 2009 from what I have read. At the moment keeping a open mind. Ready for anything. Trying to keep my savings as safe as can be....

It looks like the current Government would like us to join the Euro. However, they may have lost the opportunity if they do not act soon. With a coordinated effort they may manage to manipulate overall public opinion sufficiently to get us to join at 1POUND>=1EURO, but IMHO when the Pound drops to less than 1=1 it will get harder and harder to persuade them in proportion to the ratio?

We should have joined the Dollar when we had parity. Then when the Dollar was at Euro parity, tin foil hats everywhere would have discounted the need for multiple currencies.

1=1=1 everything solved, discussion finished, money doesn't exist anymore, lets go off, along the yellow brick road.

The Cheltenham NH festival is also in March, ask your friend if he can give us the winners of the Queen Mother Champion Chase,The Gold Cup,The Champion Hurdle and just for good measure ask him who will win the Epsom Derby in June,whilst you are at it tell him anybody who thinks the Euro is still undervalued v Sterling is either a poor Gambler or a Foolish Chancer! FFS

for the cheltenham nh festival in march i will give you 3 tip's you will get at least 2/3. the guy i know he doesn't gamble,,on the gg's..i have contact's i will get you 3 good tip's..they will be on the day about 1 hour before the race...that's the thing he doesn't talk about maybe he say's that is going to happen and so far it has. as for your tip's i will post each one between 1 hour to 15 min's before the race..unless they get all ther money on before anti post then i will post as soon as i can..they alway's look at the going on the course before they stick ther money on for cheltenham. the only race i will not be giving a tip on is the champion hurdle..this year it's going to be very open.no one's got one layed out for it that i know off or my freind's know off..

well march is not far away,by saying on this site what i have since early oct, i have seen people think i was crazy or mad to now lucky..

call me what you like, i don't know why this guy know's but he doe's luck or whatever...??? i just wanted to share on this site this info, if it could help someone all well and good. otheirwise it's just a bit of info to see if it come's true.i get no pleasure in upsetting anyone so as i said all along come march i will be off, apart from the 3 tip's on the gg's i will give you as you asked for some info..

just rember tip's on the gg's can lead to what happend to willy thorne snooker player,,he used to give us some great tip's in ealing snooker club..then the wheel's fell off his world..the bookie's cleaned him out with the help of his so called trainer freind's who gave him dud tip's , also one or two jockey's he knew the bookies got to his contact's,,he was giving out great info at the start..then when the bookies lost a packet they put a end to his winner's..he become POT-less...don't gamble unless you can afford to lose.

Yes, we will.

Just remember: only a fool keeps all his eggs in one basket...

yeh this guy is leaving his job never need's to work again on 1 march 2009 and you ? when can you give us a tip like that or if you have made your money good luck to you..if i knew what he did i would have gambled even more..but i did ok kept all my money in euro's..i will change at 1=1 at least half.you are only a fool to keep all your egg's in one basket if you don't have info..i would agree you should never keep all your egg's in one basket. on the otheir hand if you were 100% sure about something then what ?

yeh this guy is leaving his job never need's to work again on 1 march 2009 and you ? when can you give us a tip like that or if you have made your money good luck to you..if i knew what he did i would have gambled even more..but i did ok kept all my money in euro's..i will change at 1=1 at least half.you are only a fool to keep all your egg's in one basket if you don't have info..i would agree you should never keep all your egg's in one basket. on the otheir hand if you were 100% sure about something then what ?

If you are 100% sure, why don't you borrow money and buy even more Euros on a margin, instead of posting here 50 times a day telling everyone else to sell the pound??

AvaFX.com will give you 200:1 leverage (as per banner on HPC). Borrow £100,000 (should be a walk in the park for a man with your contacts :lol: ) stick it on a margin with them and you can buy over 20 million Euros.

If you are so sure it will go to parity or even higher, you can still make plenty of money selling £ at 0.93, right?

Edited by VoteWithYourFeet

If you are 100% sure, why don't you borrow money and buy even more Euros on a margin, instead of posting here 50 times a day telling everyone else to sell the pound??

AvaFX.com will give you 200:1 leverage (as per banner on HPC). Borrow £100,000 (should be a walk in the park for a man with your contacts :lol: ) stick it on a margin with them and you can buy over 20 million Euros.

If y know you are so sure it will go to parity or even higher, you can still make plenty of money selling £ at 0.93, right?

what are you on about... I cant speak for BXLONDONMAN, as I dont know him at all, I just agree with him and interested in his opinion, but speaking for myself why are you so bothered, for someone feeling a hundred percent sure, why dont you give constructive opinion on why you disagree, rather a sarcastic response.

Already has if your an Irish shopper visiting the North ;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/norther...and/7794882.stm

Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan recently rebuked the cross-border bargain-hunters. He said: "When you shop in Northern Ireland, you're paying Her Majesty's taxes, you're not paying taxes to the state that you live in."

Her Majestys taxes indeed ...

Edited by Wires 74

The prime reason for the current exchange rates, is the short term differential between IR's in the two economies.

In the medium to long term, this will shift dramatically as the Eurozone screws itself by not dropping rates fast enough or far enough to avoid a horrific reccession in most member states. The Eurozone is more deeply fecked economically than either the UK or USA as it has some unredeemably poisoned pills embedded in it's DNA.

The current Franco/Germanic dominance of the central bank and IR's will destroy the majority of economies througout the zone, and the Euro will pay the price in the long run.

Already has if your an Irish shopper visiting the North ;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/norther...and/7794882.stm

Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan recently rebuked the cross-border bargain-hunters. He said: "When you shop in Northern Ireland, you're paying Her Majesty's taxes, you're not paying taxes to the state that you live in."

Her Majestys taxes indeed ...

Like this from the article.

Take the Asda store in Enniskillen, Co Fermanagh:
  • 60% of its customers this month have come from the Irish Republic

• It is the 6th busiest store in the global Wal-Mart chain

But sure shouldn't any good Irish patriot be wanting to help pay the €5.5 billion bank bailout?

http://www.rte.ie/news/2008/1221/bank.html

If you are so sure it will go to parity or even higher, you can still make plenty of money selling £ at 0.93, right?

yes your right ,,i don't need too, i'm going to cash in half by end of jan then keep the rest in the game till maybe end of march or if the profit is very good i will cash out maybe 25% more end of feb then total cash out end of march..i have done very well i don't need to take on anymore risk now..for what..

i don't need to borrow £100,000 thank you, as i have my own fund's, in euro's i diden't gamble everything on margin's..i have done well with the info i got, the reason i have been posting and banging on about what the euro was going to do against the pound, was to stop some peple from getting ther finger's burnt by taking margin call on the pound against the euro that's all.

when you have won a fist full of cash in a poker game your playing your last hand and you have royal flush ..then someone on the side looking in say's bet even more on the next hand..no i won't i will collect then change into pound's..c it's check out time for me..as i say in march i will be gone..

i have not worked for anyone else for a long time since i was 23 that was a very long time ago.now i can come home invest for fun in what i like..i left to go to belgium to buy property for the reason's i have given before, the main one was no tax on rent's or profit's if you sell after five year's.

Edited by BXLONDONMAN