House Price Crash Forum

The Day The Pound And The Euro Reach 1=1 When ?

BXLONDONMAN

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've a hunch it will be xmas day. the asian markets are open (i think??) so there could be some people trying to push barriers (as in barrier options). that said the reverse is true .. i.e. could see some weak stops getting driven out.

either way i'd expect lots of (continuing) volatility. GBPEUR has moved 2pence for the past 4 days, so expect more of that.

and for those thinking of betting online with leverage.. DONT. if you leverage even 20x you will loose your shirt because of the volatility.

i've a hunch it will be xmas day. the asian markets are open (i think??) so there could be some people trying to push barriers (as in barrier options). that said the reverse is true .. i.e. could see some weak stops getting driven out.

Correct, the SET in Thailand is open for example...

Trade will also be thin though, as the holiday is taken by many.

either way i'd expect lots of (continuing) volatility. GBPEUR has moved 2pence for the past 4 days, so expect more of that.

and for those thinking of betting online with leverage.. DONT. if you leverage even 20x you will loose your shirt because of the volatility.

i'm glad ther are some people like you on the site i agree with what you have said, like anything to get in at the end or near the end is not a very good idea..i got in very early..volatilty will be very high come the new year..then early march firework's for the pound..i will take maybe one more leverage punt but only end of feb..10x is ok..however 20x is for the people with very little of ther own money or sucker's one bad day and your out of the game.

never get too greedy ,,greed kill's every time in the market sooner or later no matter what you leverage on. alway's bank your profit's if you can, cool head's always stay ahead of the game in the long run.

alway's bank profit's,,think hard before your next bet..it is gambling unless your lucky to get a good tip.

that doesn't happen very often..so be careful if your not sure sit on your hand's it's better then being broke.

Irish Finance Minister Brian Lenihan recently rebuked the cross-border bargain-hunters. He said: "When you shop in Northern Ireland, you're paying Her Majesty's taxes, you're not paying taxes to the state that you live in."

Her Majestys taxes indeed ...

support your republican movement - dont save money :lol::lol::lol:

what goes around - comes around

Edited by the-sign-jacker

Guest skullingtonjoe
WOW

Pound buys 1.04215 Euros, the lowest is 1.03890.

The expats in Europe who benefitted from the uk housing boom just got another 0.88% pay cut today.

Just had a look at intercashuk.com - rate is now about 1.02. When do we switch to the Euro? :rolleyes:

Just had a look at intercashuk.com - rate is now about 1.02. When do we switch to the Euro? :rolleyes:

i'm sorry but i must laugh, even if it was in our interst a lot of people still wouldn't want the euro..

i have been saying for a long time on here about 1=1 in march...well i reckon it will be one euro=£1.15+ by end of march now..i know people will say this drop in the value of the £ is short term :unsure::unsure::unsure: i for one think this will not be over in a year or two the drop in the pound..

...or forgot to do it earlier!

I can almost forgive people using airports abroad, especially in the Eurozone because of the demise of the vast majority of bureau de change because they aren't needed for most travellers except Brits.

However, if you use 'Travelex' or similar at an airport in the UK, you will get royally shafted, and deserve to. They have an exchange margin of 10% buy AND sell whilst in every high st and shopping centre in the UK, you will get exchange at 3% - 5% below spot rate at M&S, Sainsburys, some Post Offices, Thomson, etc.

Using a cashpoint machine abroad and paying the 'handling charge' will still give a better rate than the shysters at airports.