House Price Crash Forum

"i Want £425,000 Or Else I'll Take It Off The Market"

HOLA441

Worried1,

What are you using to monitor Surbiton? I'm using Propertybee under Rightmove and a range of £280-400. I'm not seeing many 2bed terraced homes under that range moving. Just did a search to £250 and no real change since my last search in July.

One 2bd with a garage showing as "STC" and £255 as the asking price. Is the lower asking price I'm searching on too low?

Very little going under offer in either of these ranges. Are you using a different method and what should I do to see them?

Edited by Flopsy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Worried1,

What are you using to monitor Surbiton? I'm using Propertybee under Rightmove and a range of £280-400. I'm not seeing many 2bed terraced homes under that range moving. Just did a search to £250 and no real change since my last search in July.

One 2bd with a garage showing as "STC" and £255 as the asking price. Is the lower asking price I'm searching on too low?

Very little going under offer in either of these ranges. Are you using a different method and what should I do to see them?

Only anecdotal I am afraid. The only area of Surbiton that I am interested in is the part known as the 'river roads' which is a group of about 8 roads that run parallel between Maple Road and the river. It is a bit more expensive than most of Surbiton. A couple of these roads are made up of these 2/3 up 2 down places. They tend to go on with a market price of anywhere between £400k and £470k (some were over £500k last year).

There have been 3 sold signs go up in the last 2 weeks in these roads, and they are the only new ones that I have seen go up in Surbiton/south Kingston for a while apart from on flats. I have no idea if they are actually sold.

Interesting analysis from Propertybee. I keep meaning to get on there to take a slightly more scientific approach.

HOLA443
HOLA444
Yes I became tired of feral gangs of scrotes roaming round with knives and guns. I was tired of everything being at least twice as expensive as the rest of the UK. I was tired of spending an hour and a half stuck in traffic. I was tired of the miserable bastards on the tube every morning and evening. I was tired of the crowded dirty streets, tired of the crime, immigrants, pollution. Tired of the mentality of 90% of Londoners who can't see or accept that for me where I live now offers me a far better quality of life and an improved work / life balance.

Exactly the same here. I live somewhere I look out over a field and will sail away into neg eq if the crash goes beyond a 45% reduction. But at least I'll be alive and comparatively relaxed, whereas where I was before (SE18) you had to be sensible about where and when you went after dark and murder/assault/gangs abound. I've paid my money (or agreed to my mortgage debt repayment contract) and have made my choice. London sucks donkey balls. It's ok if you're a visitor, but living there's just shite these days.

TFH

HOLA445
HOLA446
London is great. Give it a try. I wouldn't really want to live anywhere else.

The problem with London is that it ruins you for anywhere else in the UK.

London is shite. If you have no money it is shite. If you have money it is shite because of the nobs who are difficult to avoid.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Bu..Bu..But East Sheen is close to Kew Gardens!!!! Surely that should add another £100k at least to the price?!?!?! :o

I have nothing but awful memories of living in East Sheen due to the aeroplanes flying overhead, loudly, every 1.2 minutes of the day en route to Heathrow, via Richmond. It was like something out of a horror movie and we cut out losses and left after 2 weeks (were renting....luckily). I am amazed that people live - and pay huge amounts of money to live - in conditions like this. Bad bad bad.

HOLA449
I have nothing but awful memories of living in East Sheen due to the aeroplanes flying overhead, loudly, every 1.2 minutes of the day en route to Heathrow, via Richmond. It was like something out of a horror movie and we cut out losses and left after 2 weeks (were renting....luckily). I am amazed that people live - and pay huge amounts of money to live - in conditions like this. Bad bad bad.

If you'd stayed you'd have learned to ignore them.

HOLA4410
If you'd stayed you'd have learned to ignore them.

That's what the neighbours said! How sad...wouldl never want to get to that point...don't want to try to ignore 747s flying very close overhead..I thought the seagulls in Aberdeen were bad!

HOLA4411
Hey look she just raised the price 40 minutes ago by 50k. Maybe she was getting too many inquiries.

Property Bee for all the gory details.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-950...=1&tr_t=buy

Well spotted. :blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
No special skills required, just special NEEDS

Indeed, much like Amsterdam and similar: Its a place for people who cant find anywhere else that will have them.

And yes, I did live there in my twenties and worked there until 3 years ago and, like SBN, left once the appeal of living in other peoples faeces and vomit wore off.

Go on, ask a Londoner when was the last time they went to the British Museum or a West End play etc..... Mostly they wont have. So much for enjoying the suppossed benefits.

(all said tongue in check btw, i love the place, honest).

HOLA4414
Yes I became tired of feral gangs of scrotes roaming round with knives and guns. I was tired of everything being at least twice as expensive as the rest of the UK. I was tired of spending an hour and a half stuck in traffic. I was tired of the miserable bastards on the tube every morning and evening. I was tired of the crowded dirty streets, tired of the crime, immigrants, pollution. Tired of the mentality of 90% of Londoners who can't see or accept that for me where I live now offers me a far better quality of life and an improved work / life balance.

Yeah. And we thought you were a right barrel of laughs!

I lived in the north-west til I was 26. Hope you're enjoying it!

HOLA4415
Indeed, much like Amsterdam and similar: Its a place for people who cant find anywhere else that will have them.

And yes, I did live there in my twenties and worked there until 3 years ago and, like SBN, left once the appeal of living in other peoples faeces and vomit wore off.

Go on, ask a Londoner when was the last time they went to the British Museum or a West End play etc..... Mostly they wont have. So much for enjoying the suppossed benefits.

(all said tongue in check btw, i love the place, honest).

In the last month I've been to Tate Modern, Tate Britain, wandered down the South Bank, perused some of the biggest and best bookshops in the world, had lunch at Chiswick House (sarnies on the lawn - a Palladian villa), dinner at Gordon Ramsay's in Hospital Road, entertained my toddler son riding round the tube and train network, and been to several beautiful parks with my family. Almost all of these for free (with my yearly travelcard for work).

Can't imagine doing anything comparable in Hull.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
Um, no it isn't:

East Sheen, London, SW14 £375,000 2 bedroom terraced

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-950...=1&tr_t=buy

I must be going mad. I'm sure that said £475,000 the other day. Someone else even commented on it on page 6. :unsure:

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Shaker have you got Property Bee? The changes are (£000):

2 Feb: 470

8 Mar: 450

26 Jul: 425

9 Sep: 375

I reckon it will sell for 225 in Dec.

No I don't have property or even a bee.

Where do I get it from? :unsure:

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
No I don't have property or even a bee.

Where do I get it from? :unsure:

OK. Firstly you need to download Firefox as your browser:

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Then you need to download Property Bee which is an add on:

http://www.property-bee.com/

Someone on this site told me about it a couple of months ago... and my life has been changed... halleluja... exposure to the full gammut of EA changes to rightmove. It keeps a data base of listings and changes and updates them as users access the rightmove listings.

It really is lots of fun! (and also speculating on who the people are who are finding the changes in my area and do I know them by another name from this site?)

HOLA4424
OK. Firstly you need to download Firefox as your browser:

http://www.mozilla-europe.org/en/firefox/

Then you need to download Property Bee which is an add on:

http://www.property-bee.com/

Someone on this site told me about it a couple of months ago... and my life has been changed... halleluja... exposure to the full gammut of EA changes to rightmove. It keeps a data base of listings and changes and updates them as users access the rightmove listings.

It really is lots of fun! (and also speculating on who the people are who are finding the changes in my area and do I know them by another name from this site?)

Thanks. I'll check it. B)

HOLA4425