House Price Crash Forum

Bradford And Bingley.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
I haven't seen much on the news regarding this. May be the BBC have been told to bury this by their masters. The shepple seem oblivious as far as I can tell. Typically, the only BS I have shares in is B&B :rolleyes:

When I posted a similar thread about Northern Rock last year , I was being a bit flippant, but what transpired was truly amazing. I donĀ“t know about you lot, but I feel there is something really bad in the air today.

HOLA444
When I posted a similar thread about Northern Rock last year , I was being a bit flippant, but what transpired was truly amazing. I donĀ“t know about you lot, but I feel there is something really bad in the air today.

IMHO most of the big retirement money has already left B&B and AandL, i know my gran moved all her savings out of Aandl a couple of months ago after 50 or so years banking with them! B&B and AandL branches appear quieter recently...

HOLA445
HOLA446
They may have had a stroke of luck - it's pouring with rain (here)!

I fell down, after hitting a lampost walking past the local Bradford and Bingley yesturday. I was shocked there were no queues.

The paramedics were called, and they asked me what happened.

I said it was globalisation and the World economic downturn caused my accident.

He thought I was kidding.

So then, how do we sue globalisation and the World economic downturn? Anyone know Brown Mobile number?

HOLA447
HOLA448
Me too - transferred my Ā£250k from B&B this morning by CHAPS, I'll be distributing it round Northern Rock, Bham Midshires, West Brom BS & a couple of others over the next week. Now to sit back & watch B&B crash & burn as they deserve to ...
- from B&B worthless thread

Not queues but 'keef' appears to have pulled the rug from under around Ā£5M worth of their lending!

p-o-p

HOLA449

Interestingly, while doing a BACS withdrawl via telephone banking, the Customer Service person at Alliance & Leicester politely asked why I was taking most of the money out of my business deposit account

HOLA4410

Interestingly, while doing a BACS withdrawl via telephone banking, the Customer Service person at Alliance & Leicester politely asked why I was taking most of the money out of my business deposit account

HOLA4411
- from B&B worthless thread

Not queues but 'keef' appears to have pulled the rug from under around Ā£5M worth of their lending!

p-o-p

I also pulled the Ā£32k I was going to invest there. Currently winging its way to NRock. Its the only game in town at the moment.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
You're making me feel guilty, p-o-p ...

:P

Shouldn't feel guilty but it is a downside of modern banking from the bank's point of view. In the 1980s the manager would have invited you in and offered you another 0.25% on your money over a schooner of sh1t Cyprus sherry. If you still took it out, he'd have to explain it to his bosses.

p-o-p

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

"Tell them they can have a knighthood, a seat in the House of Lords, immunity from prosecution for everything and a promise we won't do anything to hurt them - IF THEY BAIL OUT BRADFORD AND BINGLEY WITHOUT US HAVING TO DO ANOTHER NORTHERN ROCK"

Dear Lord

How, the F**K, did I get the country into this mess? Get me out of this one Lord and I WILL eradicate child poverty. I'll even give up my PM's pension if necessary.

Help me out of this one Lord and I will do anything, ANYTHING you say. I'll even pull out of Iraq if you say so.

I'm on ma knees Lorrd

Your Gordy

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I'm just waiting for RAB Capital and the other one to chip and say

'we demand our shares we bought for 30p are worth 300p and we want paying!! Whinge, Whinge.....'

RAB are going down the pan as fast as Bradford & Bingley. RAB down 10% today. Now 36.50p were 112.00p a year ago.