House Price Crash Forum

Property-bee Sharing Data

HOLA441
Got the new Property Bee and I love it

I can see the data collected by other users, and presumably, other users can see the data I have collected.

But what happen when I log off? Will others still be able to see my data? Is it all stored centrally somewhere?

I have looked in my PB data folder. It only seems to contain the files I have collected. Does this mean when other users log off, I will loose the ability to see their data?

No you don't lose this data as you never had it, the data is centrally stored in PB database, (basically with other peeps found entrys what your seeing is in the PB database) what it does is every time you find a new entry this goes into your PB folder and then that gets uploaded to the central database.

I think thats how it works...correct me if I'm wrong.

I already love it - This is a very very powerful tool - Hail to Beerhunter

Sick

Edited by SickofRenting

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Got the new Property Bee and I love it

I can see the data collected by other users, and presumably, other users can see the data I have collected.

But what happen when I log off? Will others still be able to see my data? Is it all stored centrally somewhere?

I have looked in my PB data folder. It only seems to contain the files I have collected. Does this mean when other users log off, I will loose the ability to see their data?

From now on, all* new data stored in your local database is also sent to the server so it is always availible for other users. Old data is also sent, but only when you view the property.

Your PB data is now stored in an SQLITE file, so your old data files are now redundant and wont be updated.

As soon as you retrieve data someone else has collected it is stored in your local database, so you will always have access to it.

*not all, but all of the important bits like price and status

Hope that helps

Property Analyser

HOLA443

EDIT TO ADD:

Thanks PA,

I posted (the stuff below) before I read your post

-------------

Found the answer to my own question in the PB Forum

http://www.property-tools.co.uk/forum/view...a4cff5d15eb5dbb

When you view a page which displays a property-bee history

* when you first view a property it displays the history using just the information from your local database.

* the transmit icon (on the far right of the toolbar) lights up..as it talks to the server, and the server sends back any extra info that others have found

* the transmit icon goes off when the response from the server is received, and the history is updated (if there is any additional changes found by other people which you don't already have) and the whole lot of data (that you and others have found) is saved in your local database.

Hope that makes some sense... there's lots of other complications, but that's the jist of it.

Cheers

BH

Edited by ziknik

HOLA444
HOLA445

Very, very cool. Property-Bee now does sharing of property histories!

If you don't have Property-Bee then it's worth a good look with FireFox. And now that the information is shared you can think of your daily bear fix as a positive contribution to the community.

For example, I chose a random postcode and found out that this property has been reduced a staggering 500K. But the initial data was retrieved by user THEUKCRASH. Thanks, man. Good bear food.

And thanks Property-Bee!

HOLA446
HOLA447

Had a nice bee find the other night. Price reduction of 100,000 (OK so down from 1mil to 900k)

Not the price reduction that amused me but the crossing out of verbiage about sealed bids! by 9am sharp! 1st of May! LOL.

I think someone thought it was still 2006.

HOLA448
Superb, Simply superb.

Beerhunter - you rock on a whole new level!

Sbn, I see you have been updating large chunks of Surrey. Saved me the effort.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

There are a few users who seem to have covered most of Brighton for months now.

Awesome to look at some Brighton properties and see data going back to february.

There will be little work done tomorrow now

HOLA4418
I've just installed it - but I can't 'register' to share info.

I think there is a serious bug/problem with the input fields where you type in a username/password/email address.

I am using Firefox on a Mac Book Pro. (Max OSX)

EDIT: I have found a solution....

FOR MAC USERS...

Type your details into text edit, then cut n paste into the input fields - works a treat!!!

An even better solution is.................................don't buy a Mac!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Been using Property Bee only about a month & just got the new version today - it's amazing! fills in all the gaps going back many months! some very interesting reductions...

Thank you Beerhunter & all the other users!

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
I've just installed it - but I can't 'register' to share info.

I think there is a serious bug/problem with the input fields where you type in a username/password/email address.

I am using Firefox on a Mac Book Pro. (Max OSX)

EDIT: I have found a solution....

FOR MAC USERS...

Type your details into text edit, then cut n paste into the input fields - works a treat!!!

Worked fine here: Leopard 10.5.3 & firefox 3 rc2.

HOLA4423

I have all my previous data on a separate machine; how do I upload this data to whereever it goes? I installed property bee on my new machine without the earlier version. Any ideas?

HOLA4424

I deliberately spend about an hour a day surfing for all manner of random towns, often I am the first one there. This is so that future new PB users will benefit a bit when they first use it in a new area.

Every little helps... as they say.

HOLA4425
I have all my previous data on a separate machine; how do I upload this data to whereever it goes? I installed property bee on my new machine without the earlier version. Any ideas?

Load PB on old machine and scroll through your usual searches to upload all data. And then do the same thing on your new computer, this will download all the info.