House Price Crash Forum

Property-bee Sharing Data

I have been one of the Beta Testers helping Beer Hunter (the property-bee developer) with the beta releases over the past few months. During that testing I got a bit carried away and added 10s of thousands of properties to the database :o .

Hope the extra info is of use to some people!

Since I'm posting, I'll add another shameless plug for my spreadsheet. Property Bee Analysis

It basically imports your property-bee data and lets you filter and sort the results to help you find the property you are after.

Cheers,

Property Analyser.

I keep getting runtime error 9 with PBA. Can you advise? (I use windows Vista premium)

Edited by OLDFTB

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you still have the box put Vista back in and return it for a full refund. You can get a reliable OS here: http://www.ubuntu.com/

I'm running games that are over 10 years old using Vista. Hows that for backwards compatibility! Nothing wrong with it overall.

Recent SP1 release has helped to stabilise it. No more BSOD's since i installed that. Hibernation works really well now also.

Has anyone noticed EAs changing prices several times from ‘Offers over 125’ to ‘125’ and back again. I suspect this is meant to wind us up

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-170...44&tr_t=buy

They can start marketing it properly now because as of today the property is:

11th Jun 2008

* Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'

I keep getting runtime error 9 with PBA. Can you advise? (I use windows Vista premium)

Sorry you're having problems, As a first step, can you zip up your CSV file and email it to me (email address at the bottom of My Website then I can open the CSV and see where it is falling over (i.e. is it bad code or a bad CSV).

Thanks,

Property Analyser.

Sorry you're having problems, As a first step, can you zip up your CSV file and email it to me (email address at the bottom of My Website then I can open the CSV and see where it is falling over (i.e. is it bad code or a bad CSV).

Thanks,

Property Analyser.

Ok, will do. I get home about 5pm so i'll beam it through this evening.

I've managed to fix up my analysis program a bit, so it should be pretty much usable.

I've made it available for download for anyone who wants to try it. It is a prototype, so don't expect it to be fantastic.

Requirements:

Windows XP or Vista

Property Bee 2

Microsoft .NET 2 (Vista comes with this, and XP should have downloaded it automatically if it's kept updated).

Firefox

Things you must have:

More than one firefox profile for the user running 'property hive'. I'm sure bad things will happen if you use multiple profiles.

Features

Find price and status changes

Double click a property to load it in firefox

Search for free text

Analysis by agent. Double click an agent to find all their properties

Features that have disappeared:

I mentioned that there were data sharing features. These have gone as Property Bee now does this, although the property bee server has now imploded under the assault, and this feature has been deactivated.

Download Property Hive

I haven't published the source code. I do intend to do this once I've cleaned up the code a bit so that it is intelligible.

propertyhive_screenshot1.png

Hope someone finds it useful.

post-7874-1213478278_thumb.png

An update on the situation...

A week ago the hosts suspend our database due to "maxing out their resources on one of their shared servers"... after some discussion they have allowed access to database again, with the proviso that if the resource issue occurs again then will simply delete the database.

To keep on their good side (their customer/technical support has been a pleasure.. so keen to keep on their good side) I've temporary disabled the "bee feature" so as to not repeat the incident.

At huge expense I've paid for a new sparkly dedicated server to host just property-bee.com.. and this is where the problems really start. Payment has been taken from my account, but the host has not been paid yet... so waiting for resolution from the bank at the moment :angry:

Cheers

BH

At huge expense I've paid for a new sparkly dedicated server to host just property-bee.com.. and this is where the problems really start. Payment has been taken from my account, but the host has not been paid yet... so waiting for resolution from the bank at the moment :angry:

Unless you've a plan to turn this venture commercial in the near future, a Paypal-donate would likely recover your outlay. I'd willingly donate a few quid in exchange for the fantastic shared service I experienced for the brief couple of days you were last up-and-running.

With respect to the DBMS issue, I suspect, however, that the best solution will involve some form of caching....

Unless you've a plan to turn this venture commercial in the near future, a Paypal-donate would likely recover your outlay. I'd willingly donate a few quid in exchange for the fantastic shared service I experienced for the brief couple of days you were last up-and-running.

With respect to the DBMS issue, I suspect, however, that the best solution will involve some form of caching....

I second that paypal donate thingy idea....

I second that paypal donate thingy idea....

I third it.. and it's been on the front page of property-bee for the last couple of months :ph34r:

BTW thanks to those that have donated, I've been a bit busy sorting out the server issue the last week.. but when I get a free moment I will send an email of thanks to all of you.

Cheers

BH

I've managed to fix up my analysis program a bit, so it should be pretty much usable.

I've made it available for download for anyone who wants to try it. It is a prototype, so don't expect it to be fantastic.

Requirements:

Windows XP or Vista

Property Bee 2

Microsoft .NET 2 (Vista comes with this, and XP should have downloaded it automatically if it's kept updated).

Firefox

Things you must have:

More than one firefox profile for the user running 'property hive'. I'm sure bad things will happen if you use multiple profiles.

Features

Find price and status changes

Double click a property to load it in firefox

Search for free text

Analysis by agent. Double click an agent to find all their properties

Features that have disappeared:

I mentioned that there were data sharing features. These have gone as Property Bee now does this, although the property bee server has now imploded under the assault, and this feature has been deactivated.

Download Property Hive

I haven't published the source code. I do intend to do this once I've cleaned up the code a bit so that it is intelligible.

propertyhive_screenshot1.png

Hope someone finds it useful.

Downloaded and tried - Thanks for that Chumpus it seems a great tool.

Particularly liked the EA section giving details of how many properties, reductions and sale failures for each agent - Would it be possible to track the sales volume per agent per month?

We got access to the new server last night and and are configuring it and copying the site across.

There will be a period of down time as everything gets moved across, but hope (if everything goes well) to have finished the move by the weekend :biggrin:

Cheers

BH

We got access to the new server last night and and are configuring it and copying the site across.

There will be a period of down time as everything gets moved across, but hope (if everything goes well) to have finished the move by the weekend :biggrin:

Cheers

BH

Beerhunter thanks for the update. It's a great website - I pass the word about as much as I can. PS Can't you include ASPC (Aberdeen) drops in your database as it's difficult keeping a track of those changes. They are going from o/o to fp to reduced fp to rentals.

Downloaded and tried - Thanks for that Chumpus it seems a great tool.

Particularly liked the EA section giving details of how many properties, reductions and sale failures for each agent - Would it be possible to track the sales volume per agent per month?

I don't know. There's a limited amount of info that can be scraped from rightmove. You can't really tell when a property 'sells', if it does it just disappears of rightmove, and you might not pick it up again.

However, I have added a useful search function, a weekly sales/fails tracking function and a price tracking analysis - just run a search (or click on an agent), and you get a graph of asking price change over time. Same link (see signature).

I'll also take this opporunity to thank Beerhunter for his truely awesome Property Bee. A work of genius.

Edited by ChumpusRex

Beerhunter thanks for the update. It's a great website - I pass the word about as much as I can. PS Can't you include ASPC (Aberdeen) drops in your database as it's difficult keeping a track of those changes. They are going from o/o to fp to reduced fp to rentals.

Thanks quine!

In the next version we will have support for espc.co.uk and gspc.co.uk (Thanks to riad.. see the Scottish forum for more details) as well as sspc.co.uk (in the current 2.0 version only). I guess we should do the rest fairly soon once the server is sorted!

Cheers

BH

I don't know. There's a limited amount of info that can be scraped from rightmove. You can't really tell when a property 'sells', if it does it just disappears of rightmove, and you might not pick it up again.

However, I have added a useful search function, a weekly sales/fails tracking function and a price tracking analysis - just run a search (or click on an agent), and you get a graph of asking price change over time. Same link (see signature).

I'll also take this opporunity to thank Beerhunter for his truely awesome Property Bee. A work of genius.

Thanks ChumpusRex

Haven't had much time to try out your app yet, but looks good so far!

When things are a bit more settled, if it's ok I'll add a link on property-bee to it along with property analysers 'property bee analysis suite'.

Cheers

BH

I have downloaded your app and it is fantastic for analysing the data. Thanks. Let us know when you update it again.

Thanks quine!

In the next version we will have support for espc.co.uk and gspc.co.uk (Thanks to riad.. see the Scottish forum for more details) as well as sspc.co.uk (in the current 2.0 version only). I guess we should do the rest fairly soon once the server is sorted!

Cheers

BH

BH - thanks again for property bee - can't wait until the server is up again, the whole PB website is down I guess while you transfer across.

Mine does not appear to be working at all collectively. I have posted on the forum but have got no answers. A pity as I am sure the sharing of the info would be excellent.

The reason for it not working collectively has been explained both in this thread and in a thread on the property-bee website. Further IIRC you have even posted a suggestion on the p-b forum as to things that may help!