House Price Crash Forum

Oh My God What Happened To Jimmy Savile

Its time to buy

HOLA441

Quite appropriately, one of the judges to oversee the inquiry into Savile, Dame Janet Smith, previously led the Harold Shipman inquiry.

Fred West's house at 25 Cromwell Street was demolished, perhaps something similar could be arranged for Savile's flat, such as clearing it out, sterilising it and bricking it up permanently.

I used to walk past the site not long after demolition, it was a very ordinary terrace.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

I used to walk past the site not long after demolition, it was a very ordinary terrace.

That's the problem with psychopaths, they blend in so easily. What amde Jimmy Savile's case so extraordnary was that he didn't belnd in, he was a very odd character yet so few put two and two together.

On Discovery Science channel last night they were showing a programme called 'How Evil Are You?'. I only caught the last half hour but my God, what a programme that was. They reran the infamous Milgram Experiment. In the Milgram Experiment, an authority figure instructs a member of the public to inflict electric shocks on a 'victim' whenever the victim answers a test question wrongly. The authority and the victim are played by actors.

The experiment showed that 77% people, when instructed by an authority figure, will inflict harm on another human even through their conscience tells them not too.

After running that experiment, they also ran a novel variation of it: In the Migram Experiment a member of the public adminstres the electric shocks, in the variation, a third actor would do it for while but at a predeterimed time he would take a stand against the authority and refuse to administer the shocks any further.

The idea of this test was to see the reaction of the member of the public. Lo and behold, whenever the actor took his stand against the authority figure the member of the public would do so too.

The conclusions were:

1. An otherwise good person can be made to inflict harm on others.

2. It only takes one morally courageous person to take a stand against authority and others (who would otherwise remain silent) will take a stand too.

HOLA444

Fred West's house at 25 Cromwell Street was demolished, perhaps something similar could be arranged for Savile's flat, such as clearing it out, sterilising it and bricking it up permanently.

As a 17 year-old in 1990, I attended a wedding at a church in Cromwell Street, thankfully oblivious to what was going on not very far from it.

HOLA445
HOLA446

Quite appropriately, one of the judges to oversee the inquiry into Savile, Dame Janet Smith, previously led the Harold Shipman inquiry.

'Homes Under the Hammer - The Special Edition'?

HOLA447

That's the problem with psychopaths, they blend in so easily. What amde Jimmy Savile's case so extraordnary was that he didn't belnd in, he was a very odd character yet so few put two and two together.

On Discovery Science channel last night they were showing a programme called 'How Evil Are You?'. I only caught the last half hour but my God, what a programme that was. They reran the infamous Milgram Experiment. In the Milgram Experiment, an authority figure instructs a member of the public to inflict electric shocks on a 'victim' whenever the victim answers a test question wrongly. The authority and the victim are played by actors.

The experiment showed that 77% people, when instructed by an authority figure, will inflict harm on another human even through their conscience tells them not too.

After running that experiment, they also ran a novel variation of it: In the Migram Experiment a member of the public adminstres the electric shocks, in the variation, a third actor would do it for while but at a predeterimed time he would take a stand against the authority and refuse to administer the shocks any further.

The idea of this test was to see the reaction of the member of the public. Lo and behold, whenever the actor took his stand against the authority figure the member of the public would do so too.

The conclusions were:

2. It only takes one morally courageous person to take a stand against authority and others (who would otherwise remain silent) will take a stand too.

In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing.

HOLA448
HOLA449

They should do another one - where the second teacher(actor) is happy to carry on.

That would be interesting. I suspect the member of the public wouldn't speak up, despite feeling deeply uncomfortable - the same way people turn a blind eye to the suffering of the homeless.

HOLA4410

snip

what 2 and 2?

HOLA4411

As a 17 year-old in 1990, I attended a wedding at a church in Cromwell Street, thankfully oblivious to what was going on not very far from it.

At the risk of going slightly off topic, I almost copped off with this lady once around 1989/90 whilst on an army course in Grantham. It was disco night at the Nurses club and I only escaped as I was at the bar getting the drinks.

My mate was not so lucky though.......

allitt372.jpg

http://en.wikipedia....Beverley_Allitt

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Isn't this the same pad he pegged it in?

Not that I believe any of this stuff but with three bedrooms are they aiming at selling it to a family?

Beware of things which go bump in the night and cold hands creeping under kiddies bed covers!! :ph34r:

On a more serious note this has to be a pretty bad selling point, unless they can find someone naive enough not to research its history!!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The Milgram Experiment on Discovery Science:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovq5-OUEggk

The conclusions were:

Also read up on the stamford prison experiment. Available in the book 'the lucifer effect'.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

And the fact that he was a weird, sinister creep?

My sister and I were kids during his TV heyday. We couldn't stand the barsteward.

Bloo Loo, you surely weren't surprised when these paedo allegations came out?

never met the man. The thought of that cigar put me right off him....and no matter who he was, he, nor anyone else, was going to put his hand on my bits and pieces.

and you hit the nail on the head.....ALLEGATIONS.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

I'm more worried about those who inflict harm on another human and their conscience tells them to.

HOLA4425

Archived