Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Weren't the French going to build these? :ph34r:

HOLA444
HOLA445
2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Weren't the French going to build these? :ph34r:

You must have missed the big news about 6 months ago. The Australians decided that, to counter the Chinese threat, they needed subs with a much longer range. That way they could link up with the USA and UK in provided a strong sub network (I guess that is how it might be called). The French diesel subs were more nearshore boats I think. The French were mighty pissed off.

However, yesterday in the press there was an article about Biden causing trouble in cascading older US subs to Australia, and this was take to be quite worrying for the deal.

HOLA446
Just now, onlooker said:

You must have missed the big news about 6 months ago. The Australians decided that, to counter the Chinese threat, they needed subs with a much longer range. That way they could link up with the USA and UK in providing a strong sub network (I guess that is how it might be called). The French diesel subs were more nearshore boats I think. The French were mighty pissed off.

However, yesterday in the press there was an article about Biden causing trouble in cascading older US subs to Australia, and this was taken to be quite worrying for the deal.

HOLA447
7 minutes ago, onlooker said:

The French were mighty pissed off.

I definitely was aware, I just wanted to ensure everyone didn't forget all the critical details :)

HOLA448
HOLA449
6 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I definitely was aware, I just wanted to ensure everyone didn't forget all the critical details :)

Typical Huggy, always missing the big picture. 

In 2020 the UK was the worlds second biggest arms exporter. 

Since then France has overtaken the UK and Russia to claim second place, while the UK has slipped below Germany, China and Italy to claim 7th spot.

Europe’s arms imports nearly double, France overtakes Russia as world’s second-largest exporter | Euronews

In the past three years. In Italy, arms exports grew by 86%, while the UK's slipped by 14%. Perhaps that's what counts as sucess in post Brexit Huggyland. 

HOLA4410
8 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Since then France has overtaken the UK and Russia to claim second place, while the UK has slipped below Germany, China and Italy to claim 7th spot.

Europe’s arms imports nearly double, France overtakes Russia as world’s second-largest exporter | Euronews

In the past three years. In Italy, arms exports grew by 86%, while the UK's slipped by 14%. Perhaps that's what counts as sucess in post Brexit Huggyland. 

A rising tide raises all ships - ie we may have a reduced share whilst still increasing export sales?

*  Perhaps not a great expression to use when talking about subs?

HOLA4411

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
34 minutes ago, Confusion of VIs said:

As always totally reliable to rubbish an overseas contract...

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, debtlessmanc said:

The reactor is the same as the american one built by rolls royce and it can be refueled unlike the french ones.

I have come to the conclusion that quality issues are hidden by the media as they do not want to be appear to be unpatriotic 

The UK and Russia and China has phenomenal technology problems their industrial products do not work 

HOLA4417
Just now, shlomo said:

I have come to the conclusion that quality issues are hidden by the media as they do not want to be appear to be unpatriotic 

The UK and Russia and China has phenomenal technology problems their industrial products do not work 

Rolls Royce powered planes are dropping out of the sky everywhere?

HOLA4418
2 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

Rolls Royce powered planes are dropping out of the sky everywhere?

Boeing s problems are also using the cheapest suppliers, but the US has the deepest pockets even though 80% is just wasted 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
48 minutes ago, shlomo said:

Rolls Royce financial results went completely unreported by the BBC because they were full of good news, engine reliability is much improved, flying hours are increasing and pension liabilities have been off loaded.

Good news from British manufacturing is never reported.

HOLA4422
4 minutes ago, frederico said:

Rolls Royce financial results went completely unreported by the BBC because they were full of good news, engine reliability is much improved, flying hours are increasing and pension liabilities have been off loaded.

Good news from British manufacturing is never reported.

Because next year RR will make a loss

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
2 hours ago, Stewy said:

Who says the economy is under water...

🌱 🌱🌱

"The AUKUS agreement among Australia, Britain and the United States will see Australia buy up to five nuclear submarines from Washington in the early 2030s before jointly building and operating a new class, SSN-AUKUS, with Britain, roughly a decade later".

So this will boost the economy in the 2040's 🤣. Doesn't stop the 2024 recession.

Edited by fellow

HOLA4425