House Price Crash Forum

waspi women

HOLA441
12 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

I agree too. My second wife is a millions miles from my first on this. The feminist message got garbled. For my first wife it was not only did she not have to raise the children she did not need to work either. My second wife raised two amazing kids and held down a well paid job at the same time. How can two so dissimilar women claim to get inspiration from feminism?

What about the second husbands that raised two amazing kids and held down a well paid job......solo?;)

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
15 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

I agree too. My second wife is a millions miles from my first on this. The feminist message got garbled. For my first wife it was not only did she not have to raise the children she did not need to work either. My second wife raised two amazing kids and held down a well paid job at the same time. How can two so dissimilar women claim to get inspiration from feminism?

I live in Scandinavia, which is in many ways more feminist. The big difference is women are less insecure.

Surveys often say that men in Scandinavia do far more housework, as reported by their wives. Except, Danish women with British husbands report they do plenty of housework and British women over here complain their Danish husbands do not lift a finger. In other words, it is the woman's perception that changes, they feel more enpowered and less like a passive victim.

HOLA443
1 hour ago, winkie said:

What about the second husbands that raised two amazing kids and held down a well paid job......solo?;)

Tbh that Was more or less me, got up at 7 to feed wash and cloth the kids, went to work at 8:00, back at 6:00 then it was my job to feed us all, wash the kids, read to them put them to bed and then 8-11 work on my computer whilst my Ex watched tv again.

Edited by debtlessmanc

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, debtlessmanc said:

, got up at 7 to feed wash and cloth the kids, went to work at 8:00, back at 6:00 then it was my job to feed us all, wash the kids, read to them put them to bed and then 8-11 work on my computer 

Jesus. That's hard work. Some stamina.

HOLA447
11 hours ago, Guillotine said:

I think we should consider paying compensation to any member of this group who can produce a letter telling them they would get their state pension at age 60.

I met my wife 12 years ago, she had just spent a stint sorting out the home office pension/paye system (consultancy). She warned me then “ you won’t get a state pension, it will be means tested by 2030 they warned me of this off the record”

HOLA448
18 hours ago, msi said:

A World Without Men The women of South Korea’s 4B movement aren’t fighting the patriarchy — they’re leaving it behind entirely.

Coming to the UK?  Given some of the incel-esque posting here I don't blame them..

Given the blanket misogynistic society in Korea, I understand why this is happening. Perhaps more than I understand why incel culture exists in the West.  

It is interesting that these women are seeing the outcome of entering into a long-term heterosexual relationship as a “risk” for them or a life disaster (because of subservience, lack of life freedom, and risk of domestic violence).  The views of the incel-esque posters on here seem to similarly view heterosexual relationships as a risk or disaster: unwanted responsibilities, loss of freedom, financially disastrous etc.  Of course for some of the U.K. men this has the added tinge of unavailability… maybe this is the same for some of the Korean women too?

However, the result for these Korean women is the same as the result for the men in the U.K.  Protest, anger, isolation. 

The result for society as a whole is the same too:  fewer children and a demographic time bomb. 

HOLA449
17 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

Feminism now just seemingly flies in whatever direction the wind is blowing based on each individual perception of how they want to define their current victimhood agenda. 

I saw some of these waspi women on TV dressing up in suffrage garb. As if their own self made shortfalls are the equivalent not having a vote. 

I would say the feminist message has certainly gotten lost, trying to break new ground to keep it alive whilst at the same time expecting traditional roles from men (provide unquestionably and go to war for me). 

HOLA4410
3 hours ago, debtlessmanc said:

I met my wife 12 years ago, she had just spent a stint sorting out the home office pension/paye system (consultancy). She warned me then “ you won’t get a state pension, it will be means tested by 2030 they warned me of this off the record”

Quite a claim that the state pension will be means tested. Do you have any hard evidence. I am not suggesting you are making it up, but I would like to know more. There is no legislation that suggests this. Are you stating that the civil servants are dictating policy here. What is going on.

What would be the consequence of paying voluntary NICs if the state pension then becomes means tested. They would become refundable.

The WASPI campaign makes me sick to the core. Asking current workers who won't be able to retire at 60 and are likely to have lower life expectancy to pay for others to retire at 60 has no basis whatsoever in anything remotely equitable. Not only do current workers have to work for 8y longer than WASPI women (60 vs current 68) but if they did receive full compensation as a consequence of having to pay for their extended retirement, they would have reduced earnings which would be perhaps compared to a current worker working for an entire 10y longer than a WASPI woman. Totally sick. Why do they think they are entitled to this? I just don't get it. And that's before you factor in the additional taxation of student loans, high house prices etc. And current workers are about to pay for Thames Water that the WASPI women no doubt profited from.

One way this situation in future could be avoided would be if the state pension operated more like a DC scheme in which an amount is accrued and then it is up to the individual to retire based on a financial projection.

I find it hard to believe that anyone retires believing that their state pension is a particular age without actually checking before retiring. If they do such irrational things they need social support (mental etc.) and not financial compensation.

HOLA4411
2 minutes ago, Notting Hell said:

Quite a claim that the state pension will be means tested. Do you have any hard evidence. I am not suggesting you are making it up, but I would like to know more. There is no legislation that suggests this. Are you stating that the civil servants are dictating policy here. What is going on.

What would be the consequence of paying voluntary NICs if the state pension then becomes means tested. They would become refundable.

It would come hand in hand with getting rid of national insurance. There'd have to be a process to level things up for people in this situation.

HOLA4412
1 minute ago, Si1 said:

It would come hand in hand with getting rid of national insurance. There'd have to be a process to level things up for people in this situation.

As in the state pension won't be means tested but you'll be taxed fully on it via income tax. 

Or they'd do both? 

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, 14stFlyer said:

Given the blanket misogynistic society in Korea, I understand why this is happening. Perhaps more than I understand why incel culture exists in the West.  

It is interesting that these women are seeing the outcome of entering into a long-term heterosexual relationship as a “risk” for them or a life disaster (because of subservience, lack of life freedom, and risk of domestic violence).  The views of the incel-esque posters on here seem to similarly view heterosexual relationships as a risk or disaster: unwanted responsibilities, loss of freedom, financially disastrous etc.  Of course for some of the U.K. men this has the added tinge of unavailability… maybe this is the same for some of the Korean women too?

However, the result for these Korean women is the same as the result for the men in the U.K.  Protest, anger, isolation. 

The result for society as a whole is the same too:  fewer children and a demographic time bomb. 

the waspi thing be a straightforward financial / political issue i.e. older, entitled people are asking younger people to provide them with more stuff. it's interesting that people very quickly resort to shame tactics (calling anyone who opposes them misogynistic incels. I guess this is a very effective divide and rule tactic. btw, don't deny there are misogynistic comments on this thread, but they are far from the majority and most people are making sensible points

Edited by andrewwk

HOLA4414
26 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Feminism now just seemingly flies in whatever direction the wind is blowing based on each individual perception of how they want to define their current victimhood agenda. 

I saw some of these waspi women on TV dressing up in suffrage garb. As if their own self made shortfalls are the equivalent not having a vote. 

I would say the feminist message has certainly gotten lost, trying to break new ground to keep it alive whilst at the same time expecting traditional roles from men (provide unquestionably and go to war for me). 

it's entirely understandable, no? wanting to have your cake and eat it is basically hard-wired into the human psyche.

HOLA4415
15 hours ago, msi said:

How can I when you are sh*gging your way through Greater Manchester, allegedly.

Thought I knew him from somewhere. Although he looks like Larkin

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, Notting Hell said:

uite a claim that the state pension will be means tested. Do you have any hard evidence. I am not suggesting you are making it up, but I would like to know more. There is no legislation that suggests this. Are you stating that the civil servants are dictating policy here. What is going on.

Already being aired in the media

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/pensions/why-gen-z-first-to-lose-state-pension-triple-lock/#:~:text=Around one in four pensioners,their main source of income.

https://inews.co.uk/inews-lifestyle/money/pensions-and-retirement/uk-means-test-state-pensions-bank-of-england-2951710

HOLA4418
50 minutes ago, andrewwk said:

it's entirely understandable, no? wanting to have your cake and eat it is basically hard-wired into the human psyche.

Just as pushing back is, yet with current trends it's nigh on impossible to call out bullsh1t as long as it's cloaked in feminist garb, hence them dressing up as suffragettes. They're play the game. 

It's gotten to the point western women are so pumped up with bullsh1t swathes have become delusional. The patriarchy is talked to death yet something so transparent as 'pretty privilege' goes completely unspoken. 

It's truly amazing where a good pair of breasts can get you in life. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
7 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Just as pushing back is, yet with current trends it's nigh on impossible to call out bullsh1t as long as it's cloaked in feminist garb, hence them dressing up as suffragettes. They're play the game. 

It's gotten to the point western women are so pumped up with bullsh1t swathes have become delusional. The patriarchy is talked to death yet something so transparent as 'pretty privilege' goes completely unspoken. 

It's truly amazing where a good pair of breasts can get you in life. 

It’s starting to have effects though - when I met my second wife her daughter (mid 30s very attractive music teacher) was looking for someone to start a family with. Met loads and loads of guys but as soon as she mentioned marriage or kids those with a high decent job made their excuses.

a 5 minute conversation with a wage earner man who has been through a divorce would put any man off.

HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

It’s starting to have effects though - when I met my second wife her daughter (mid 30s very attractive music teacher) was looking for someone to start a family with. Met loads and loads of guys but as soon as she mentioned marriage or kids those with a high decent job made their excuses.

a 5 minute conversation with a wage earner man who has been through a divorce would put any man off.

Why give someone the unilaterally-exercisable option to take 50%+ of your net worth? Marriage in UK is a sick joke quite frankly and anyone who enters into it is an idiot

Edited by Notting Hell

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, Casual-observer said:

Same as environmentalism being used to block green power infrastructure. Just self indulgent idiocy.

1 hour ago, Casual-observer said:

As in the state pension won't be means tested but you'll be taxed fully on it via income tax. 

Or they'd do both? 

Guess so. It'll be whatever is most politically palatable at the time I guess.

HOLA4423
20 minutes ago, debtlessmanc said:

18 minutes ago, Notting Hell said:

Why give someone the unilaterally-exercisable option to take 50%+ of your net worth? Marriage in UK is a sick joke quite frankly and anyone who enters into it is an idiot

Precisely, albeit it's not so much the marriage, it's when the child arrives where the kiss of death materialises. 

Your partner could sh@g half the neighbourhood and you're still going to lose the house and half your wealth. Funny how feminism and equal rights has never seemingly arrived in family court yet. 

All boardrooms should be 50% female apparently but divorces by the grace of good seem to average 70-80% in favour of women just because.  Same issue with child benefits that only go towards the 'main carer' (i.e. women) even with shared custody. 

It's clearly gotten way out of hand yet any man who points this out *MUST* just be an incel or some other made up nonsense. I do feel for younger lads, I really don't know what the answer is other than to abandon the west. 

Edited by Casual-observer

HOLA4424
15 minutes ago, Casual-observer said:

Your partner could sh@g half the neighbourhood and you're still going to lose the house and half your wealth. Funny how feminism and equal rights has never seemingly arrived in family court yet. 

The govt uses marital law to keep the benefits bill down, better the man pays for the women and child than the state. At least this is what a Barrister i spoke to once thought.

HOLA4425
1 minute ago, debtlessmanc said:

The govt uses marital law to keep the benefits bill down, better the man pays for the women and child than the state. At least this is what a Barrister i spoke to once thought.

False dichotomy