House Price Crash Forum

Artificial sweetener to be declared 'possibly carcinogenic to humans' in bombshell WHO aspartame ruling

HOLA441

Artificial sweetener found in Diet Coke, Extra chewing gum and host of low-calorie food to be declared 'possibly carcinogenic to humans' in bombshell World Health Organization aspartame ruling

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-12245725/WHOs-cancer-research-agency-say-aspartame-sweetener-possible-carcinogen-sources.html

An artificial sweetener used in Diet Coke will be declared a potential cancer risk to humans, a bombshell report claimed today. Aspartame will be officially listed as 'possibly carcinogenic to humans' in the World Health Organization's reclassification, according to insiders. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Finally. I've been refusing anything with it in for nearly 2 decades.

And Glucose Fructose Syrup since that clearly caused the explosion in type 2 diabetes. 

And autism WTF is going on with the amount of that. I was at a community kids party yesterday and the numbers are incredible. Seemed like half the kids were staring into space cross eyed and acting very abnormally. 

https://open.spotify.com/episode/3DQfcTY4viyXsIXQ89NXvg

Humans are incredibly greedy and corrupt and stupid. 

And this if you haven't seen it https://ok.ru/video/3156868467306

Edited by athom

HOLA444
1 minute ago, TheResponsibleHouseBuyer said:

so much for the sugar tax then eh? Diabetes on one side, or Cancer on the other..... pick your poision.

guess which there is more profit in, a drink with sugar or a drink with a drop of chemical. then wonder who pushed for the sugar tax

HOLA445
3 minutes ago, TheResponsibleHouseBuyer said:

so much for the sugar tax then eh? Diabetes on one side, or Cancer on the other..... pick your poision.

we've been eating sugar for centuries. Diabetes exploded after they switched to an enzyme modified corn starch called glucose fructose syrup here and high fructose corn syrup in USA. It was cheaper as it was basically a way to get rid of an excess of corn. Science has shown some correlation https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/23181629/ but DO NOT trust the science anyway is its all corrupt. The corn industry is a powerful lobby group. Everyone can say "needs more research" and deny findings pretty much about anything forever which is how they managed to keep aspartame in kids food for decades. Just don't eat heavily processed shit and be healthier. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Just now, Armus said:

Life is over-rated anyway. May as well have maximum taste in the meantime.

These consumer protections are getting a bit annoying now.  For example, I used to buy traditional Coal Tar soap. Then the EU decided it MIGHT be vaguely carcinogenic and so banned sales of it.  So now I have to order from a Canadian company and get it shipped here (to be fair it is also a superior product).

HOLA4412
33 minutes ago, TheResponsibleHouseBuyer said:

Aah the sugar tax. Another sneaky little tax they think no one will notice to be spent on what exactly

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, anonguest said:

Oh well. That's me f*cked then!

I drink gallons of Pepsi Max.  😞

cut down on the pepsi max.

i quite liked coca cola life which was a kind of halfway house between coke zero and full coke. but no one bought it and they stopped making it.

I don't know how anyone drinks diet coke and diet pepsi. they taste disgusting. Pepsi max and coke zero taste much better.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
Just now, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

I don't know how anyone drinks diet coke and diet pepsi. they taste disgusting. Pepsi max and coke zero taste much better.

+1  agreed.  Diet Coke/Pepsi are disgusting, but Pepsi Max is one of my favourite soft drinks.

HOLA4417
Just now, Gigantic Purple Slug said:

cut down on the pepsi max.

i quite liked coca cola life which was a kind of halfway house between coke zero and full coke. but no one bought it and they stopped making it.

All the Diet Coke variations are vile!

The relatively new Raspberry Pepsi Max is lovely stuff though.  Of course I do my best to never think of the vast quantity of toxic sh*t contents I'm drinking. 😉

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
4 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

+1  agreed.  Diet Coke/Pepsi are disgusting, but Pepsi Max is one of my favourite soft drinks.

I think it may be a genetic thing.

I have done blind taste tests on Pepsi Max and Diet pepsi and can pick Pepsi max out everytime easily. And that's not because I drink gallons of the stuff, but because it is bloody obvious.

Some people seem genuinely mystified by this ability though. My mate insists it is all the same stuff.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425