House Price Crash Forum

Witness the end of "Wokeness"

HOLA441
2 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Ah the 'wht about the racism about white blokes' comment has arrived...

Is there racism against white blokes?

i hadn’t been realised but I’m sure I’ll find it if I look hard enough....

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
Just now, Staffsknot said:

Ah the 'wht about the racism about white blokes' comment has arrived...

Well it is the only acceptable form of racism and sexism. I had a bad experience with some black people at uni if I took the allowed on mumsnet approach of slagging of that entire group based upon that protected characteristic (like is often allowed with white men) i wouldn't be allowed to stand on the site yet the converse is allowed to stand regularly. It's the two tier censoring that i have an issue with. For example they also have a tread that starts with

This is a thread in Black Mumsnetters if you are not black or a POC your views aren't wanted.

imagine the uproar if a thread said the views of black and POC weren't wanted how long do you think that would last?

John McDonnell used the phrase "Lynch the bitch" about Esther McVey which is no worse than suggesting Diane Abbot was shot yet where was a similar level of media attention on him. There wasn't because one is "acceptable" and one isn't.

Even was if i was Diane having been antisemitic i would be less keen to throw stones within my greenhouse https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65365978 about this.

HOLA444
20 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

imagine the uproar if a thread said the views of black and POC weren't wanted how long do you think that would last?

Remember, these people think that men can give birth. Expecting a consistent view that can be applied equally to all is pushing it somewhat.

These people also state white people cannot experience racism. That is a thing, in this world, that people believe right now too...

HOLA445
3 hours ago, Innkeeper said:

I'm not sure... Determining that someone is (or their behaviour is) racist requires accurate identification of motives.

I wonder, of things that get labelled racist, if - in reality - the perpetrators are not so much racist as cretinous and universally obnoxious.  I don't think the broad reality of the latter should be obscured by narrow presumptions about the former.

HOLA446
10 hours ago, Pebbles said:

Well it is the only acceptable form of racism and sexism. I had a bad experience with some black people at uni if I took the allowed on mumsnet approach of slagging of that entire group based upon that protected characteristic (like is often allowed with white men) i wouldn't be allowed to stand on the site yet the converse is allowed to stand regularly. It's the two tier censoring that i have an issue with. For example they also have a tread that starts with

This is a thread in Black Mumsnetters if you are not black or a POC your views aren't wanted.

John McDonnell used the phrase "Lynch the bitch" about Esther McVey which is no worse than suggesting Diane Abbot was shot yet where was a similar level of media attention on him. There wasn't because one is "acceptable" and one isn't.

Even was if i was Diane having been antisemitic i would be less keen to throw stones within my greenhouse https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-65365978 about this.

No it isn't acceptable to be racist full stop

Is it on the scale of other forms of racism - no.

Do we need someone coming aong going 'what about group x' then banging on about equality with all the class of 30p Lee when someone else is experiencing racism and they aren't that group? No we don't

Its the first sign of not actually caring about the issue in much the same as folks shouting 'whens international mens day' on intl womens day then claiming its discriminatory and all the other duff arguments rolled out

Just like your Mumsnet bit is the biggest reach in the scope of desperation and I cannot take you seriously at all. You'll be protesting single sex toilets next or disabled parking.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA447
2 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Its the first sign of not actually caring about the issue in much the same as folks shouting 'whens international mens day' on intl womens day then claiming its discriminatory and all the other duff arguments rolled out

+1.  Strange how our fans of 'Straight Pride' disappeared.....

HOLA448
13 hours ago, Innkeeper said:

i hadn’t been realised but I’m sure I’ll find it if I look hard enough....

There will be but again its a device rolled out to shut down any racism talk.

Like any talk about sexism against women inevitably draws a 'whatabout women doing X' type posts or 'I can't hire a woman they might get pregnant' type Faragisms.

Basically people trying to stop the convo with whataboutisms

HOLA449
HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

I know it exists, but its the device used tediousy to shutdown any racism or sexism conversation

On 11/03/2024 at 19:43, Lagarde's Drift said:

Ah. The crux of this whole forum..

HPCers: Reality shouldn't be like it is! It shouldn't!

Everyone else : .....

I don't want to shut down conversation I am a free speech absolutist. If people want to say racist things that makes them look like a idiot then they should be able to. But it has to go both ways and it simply isn't allowed to go both ways. Black only spaces are fine if the converse is allowed. Men can have their single sex spaces and women can too. But fly a banner saying black lives matter and that's allowed fly a banner saying white lives matter and you get banned by your football club and loose your job. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN23W0JK/&ved=2ahUKEwjQiduuxPOEAxXcREEAHYVyC7UQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2P4dW8TvRMqluOlpMOCagS both should be allowed. it is racist to allow one and not allow the other. It's the double standards that get me which could be alleviated by actually having free speech. And people who say crappy stuff get their views aired in public. Hester is stupid for saying what he said and I don't agree with him. No more than kemi, and Preti don't make me love women of colour just because of their views which are more similar to mine. I just want consistency in how these are dealt with.

Edited by Pebbles

HOLA4411
44 minutes ago, Pebbles said:

I don't want to shut down conversation I am a free speech absolutist. If people want to say racist things that makes them look like a idiot then they should be able to. But it has to go both ways and it simply isn't allowed to go both ways. Black only spaces are fine if the converse is allowed. Men can have their single sex spaces and women can too. But fly a banner saying black lives matter and that's allowed fly a banner saying white lives matter and you get banned by your football club and loose your job. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&opi=89978449&url=https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN23W0JK/&ved=2ahUKEwjQiduuxPOEAxXcREEAHYVyC7UQFnoECAQQAQ&usg=AOvVaw2P4dW8TvRMqluOlpMOCagS both should be allowed. it is racist to allow one and not allow the other. It's the double standards that get me which could be alleviated by actually having free speech. And people who say crappy stuff get their views aired in public. Hester is stupid for saying what he said and I don't agree with him. No more than kemi, and Preti don't make me love women of colour just because of their views which are more similar to mine. I just want consistency in how these are dealt with.

Right so you said you suffered racism but you want people to be free to be racist because 'free speech'.

You can have men only spaces if its for a valid reason but itseems you are trying to create daft positions to try and back up what you want which is 'freedom to say what I want'.

Freedom of speech is not freedom of consequence.

The white lives matter banners were banned as they were associated with racist groups and people trying to shutdown folks talking about racism... ironic you picked that one as an example.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Farage hails new debanking law as he prepares for legal battle with NatWest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2024/03/14/farage-hail-new-debanking-law-prepares-natwest-legal-battle/

Banking is a critical service for most and so I welcome this outcome. I also welcome the upcoming iconoclastic battle Nigel Wokebane has bought to the blue-haired they/thems in the banking industry.

HOLA4414
On 14/03/2024 at 10:30, Pebbles said:

But they are obviously not all the same are they ? We can all understand the 'nominal' equality in 'white lives matter' vs 'Black Lives Matter', but come on - its patently obvious they are not remotely equivalent.

If a private club makes a stand against racism - specifically against white racists strangling black people to death as if it doesn't matter  -  its reasonable to ban members who make a stand against the stand against racism isn't it ? 

Hester appears to have admitted to suffering from (violent) hate towards people, merely on the basis of either a different skin colour or gender to himself. He's the Tory parties biggest donor, has made a tonne out of Tory government contracts and the Tories refuse to return the donation. So everybody quite rightly sees both parties as complete w4nkers. Well I say everybody, but what exactly are you complaining about here ?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
1 hour ago, msi said:

Carlisle: More arrests over alleged assault on black pupil

A video circulating online appears to show the student being pushed and punched by a white boy before being made to kiss his shoes.

Now tell me How AlL lIVeS mAtTeR......?

Why's this on the woke thread? I at least try to get stories of organisations with massive amounts of power and resources bullying those, they 'think' with impunity, without similar resources and much less mental retardation.

I'm pretty sure human rights apply to all lives, unless they/them have got their claws in now, in which case it looks like I'll be taking a trip somewhere in future to concentrate on my crimes.

To the specific story, you should really keep an eye on your kids' internet usage if you're a parent. You don't know what's going on out there that could give them bad ideas!

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6753362/black-supremacists-film-white-people-kissing-their-boots-to-apologise-for-centuries-of-racism-in-bizarre-stunt/

1 hour ago, msi said:

Ed Sheeran: Fans in Mumbai thrilled as star sings in Punjabi

Is wasn't long ago before certain folk here would be screaming RaCe TrAiToR....

Why in the name of all that is holy is this on the woke thread? :lol: It feels like you are enraged over something that someone might do. Unless I missed the Big Ed Sheeran Patriot Thread?

HOLA4418
19 hours ago, Huggy said:

Why's this on the woke thread? I at least try to get stories of organisations with massive amounts of power and resources bullying those, they 'think' with impunity, without similar resources and much less mental retardation.

Why in the name of all that is holy is this on the woke thread? :lol: It feels like you are enraged over something that someone might do. Unless I missed the Big Ed Sheeran Patriot Thread?

Perhaps learning about what 'woke' actually is opposed to what you make it up to be might help ;) ?

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
8 hours ago, msi said:

Six ex-police officers to be sentenced in Mississippi torture case

Six former Mississippi police officers are due to be sentenced for torturing two black men in their own home.

The victims were beaten, shocked with stun guns and sexually assaulted by the officers who burst in without a warrant in 2023. One of the them was also shot in the mouth.

Kemi B will be along to defend the actions if they donate...

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
1 hour ago, msi said:

I agree with you, this isn't a problem. They seem to have chosen those colours for no other reason than they think it looks good* (in their opinion). We might disagree if it does or not, but it's just a different opinion on style.

This example, I suspect modelled by one of our regular contributers here pre-blue hair dye, they look that progressive, is "not" the proper union flag. But it's fine too.

https://www.bensherman.co.uk/clothing/t-shirts/painted-union-jack-tee-5845

Now, if it was the fecking rainbow fecking colours a-fecking-gain, I would be of a different opinion. Almost as if picking something, or someone, for the ability to do the job is more important to me than making a stunning and brave statement :)

*Edit. Something to do with the 1966 training colours. Relevant and looks good, just like me.

Edited by Huggy

HOLA4425