HOLA441
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
1 minute ago, mynamehere said:

Staff was always the bottle neck. Beds are not much use without nurses.

But we are talking about people who can be discharged who are bed blocking. They don't need nurses. Could probably be looked after by a carer so train up some carers to staff the nightingales it's not rocket science is it.

HOLA444
5 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

Staff was always the bottle neck. Beds are not much use without nurses.

I got the impression that those Nightingale hospitals, intended for Covid surge, were not the sort of place you could be expected to come out of once admitted.  So why would nurses matter?  😉

HOLA445
1 minute ago, daveyj said:

But we are talking about people who can be discharged who are bed blocking. They don't need nurses. Could probably be looked after by a carer so train up some carers to staff the nightingales it's not rocket science is it.

There is a big shortage of carers too otherwise they would be discharged for home care?

Training would be good. Paying more would be better. Immigration is the alternative. Pick your poison. 

HOLA446
HOLA447
4 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

There is a big shortage of carers too otherwise they would be discharged for home care?

Training would be good. Paying more would be better. Immigration is the alternative. Pick your poison. 

Ah yeah that's right we sacked thousands of carers who refused to be experimented on for a cold maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all 🤷‍♂️

Edited by daveyj

HOLA448
6 minutes ago, daveyj said:

Ah yeah that's right we sacked thousands of carers who refused to be experimented on for a cold maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all 🤷‍♂️

Maybe. But that rule is not in place now  

Fact is social care sector needs billions extra to attract and retain staff.  There is no short cut. You can’t blame managers for this one

HOLA449
HOLA4410

Sticking plaster fix.......bit like hotels for asylum seekers, expensive private accomodation, paid by the tax payers.

We will be paying millions out of the public purse to buy beds in private nursing/care homes that use private nurses.

Should be opening NHS convalescent homes, making more use of cottage hospitals with empty wards....... 

TRAINING More NHS staff.......not using private firms, that cost a fortune, and need to make profits, expecting them to do all the training and recruitment, already thousands that used to work with the NHS have transferred over...... The government doesn't really care.....gradual the plan that hasn't worked very well.......all becoming more transparent to the people.;)

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, mynamehere said:

there is an estimated social care funding gap of about 7bn a year  

building this or that makes good headlines but it comes down to money

BoJos NI hike was supposed to cover it...whooops!

Take OAPs out of the NHS and push them onto Councils to fund.  Suddenly all those smug Tory councils will have to stump up real cash

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, mynamehere said:

there is an estimated social care funding gap of about 7bn a year  

building this or that makes good headlines but it comes down to money

£120bn this year in interest payments how much of that to the BOE for the monopoly money they have printed over the years?

How much money will be wasted on net zero bullsh*t?

Money is never an obstacle when they can print as much as they like as was shown during covid (£300-£400bn spend on a sniffle that killed a few very ill grannies/oldies) but can't spent a few measly quid training/paying nurses/drs LOL. The fact is they only spend the cash on narratives that give them more control/power or enrich the already wealthy and training more nurses does neither of those things.

Sooner people accept the government is not their friend and that the system is heavily rigged against them the better.

Edited by daveyj

HOLA4414
1 minute ago, daveyj said:

£120bn this year in interest payments how much of that to the BOE for the monopoly money they have printed over the years?

How much money will be wasted on net zero bullsh*t?

Money is never an obstacle when they can print as much as they like as was shown during covid. The fact is they only spend the cash on narratives that give them more control/power or enrich the already wealthy and training more nurses does neither of those things.

Sooner people accept the government is not their friend and that the system is heavily rigged against them the better.

I’m not sure from that if your agree with my about needing to increase social care funding. 

if not what’s the plan to pay carers more?

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, mynamehere said:

I’m not sure from that if your agree with my about needing to increase social care funding. 

if not what’s the plan to pay carers more?

I agree most definately.

My point was there is plenty of money to pay for things so long as those things help those in power or their rich friends. Why spend money now to help people live comfortably (social care) or healthily? Nah lets spend half a trillion quid to pay morons to hide at home from a sniffle LOL

Why not start a campaign highlighting all the grannies dying from lack of NHS care and i'm sure Rishi could rustle up another half a trillion like he did last time. After all we sarcificed our civil rights and economy to save granny but 2-3 years ago we must protect that investment no?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
2 hours ago, Brendan110_0 said:

Why can’t they use these as an emergency? They did exist, plenty of beds/room, can they shift the bed blockers  to those to free up hospital beds?

Aside from all the other reasons this won't work mentioned above, weren't they temporarily based in conference centres and the like rather than buildings dedicated to hospital care? They just don't exist anymore.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
5 hours ago, daveyj said:

a sniffle that killed a few very ill grannies/oldies

That "sniffle" killed my 62 year old neighbour in April 2020. Collapsed and died struggling for air on his bathroom floor.

Not particularly old and despite having diabetes and being slightly overweight, not particularly ill either.

That was obviously during the first lockdown, after his partner who worked in a care home inadvertently brought it home with her.

Belittle the virus all you like, but without the first lockdown, he'd have been much less of an exception than he was. I'd hazard a guess there may be a few 60+ posters on here with similar waistlines who might have been equally as unfortunate if they'd got it when he did and didn't get admitted to hospital like Boris Johnson did.

HOLA4420
7 hours ago, Brendan110_0 said:

Why can’t they use these as an emergency? They did exist, plenty of beds/room, can they shift the bed blockers  to those to free up hospital beds?

Truth is, it was all just a big act. They never had the staff for any of these.

The NHS is f***** and people are dying because governments have chosen not to fund it appropriately and made working conditions so poor for Doctors, Nurses, and other NHS staff that they are striking.

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, mynamehere said:

Maybe. But that rule is not in place now  

Fact is social care sector needs billions extra to attract and retain staff.  There is no short cut. You can’t blame managers for this one

The job isn’t a pleasant or well paid one, but people stuck with it. Until the mandate finally forced a lot of them out of their inertia, I’d say the mandate is a big part of it that need not of happened irrespective of money on offer.

HOLA4422
50 minutes ago, LetsBuild said:

The job isn’t a pleasant or well paid one, but people stuck with it. Until the mandate finally forced a lot of them out of their inertia, I’d say the mandate is a big part of it that need not of happened irrespective of money on offer.

I know a couple of anti vax carers still working it wasn’t hard to get around apparently. Demand is too high. 

so just anecdotally I would be very surprised if it was a significant factor. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
50 minutes ago, reddog said:

There is no shortage of people that want to be doctors.

Why not open the medical schools up and get many more doctors trained up?

Short Term: Sheer cost - £150K per student

Long Term:  Wage Premium. Can't charge the big bucks for consultants if you have too many coming through so keep limits on teaching places, training spots etc.