House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
  • Replies 42k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
6 hours ago, jonb2 said:

Ah Yes. What if it's blown up a second time and the Americans repair it?

If I blow someone to bits and then offer to sow his leg back on that instantly makes me the good guy. I think this is primary school thinking behind his position.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA443
3 hours ago, FOConnor said:

The Americans backed a violent coup that overthrew the democratically elected Ukrainian government in 2014.

And they made them vote overwhelmingly for Zelensky??? :)

Now that is logical - 😆

All subsequent results are therefore "horse shit" too.

See above.

You can't pick and choose with democracy.

At the barrel of a gun please. That type of democracy?

Where your opposition is systematically shot down, imprisoned or killed. That type of democracy?

I think you all know the type you prefer :)

HOLA444
4 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

If I blow someone to bits and then offer to sow his leg back on that instantly makes me the good guy. I think that the primary school thinking behind his position.

That reminds me of Gordon Brown 'saving the world ' !?!

HOLA445
10 hours ago, Si1 said:

haha! do you have a credible source for that instead of a crazy neocon website

So Martin Armstrong is a "crazy neocon". (Professor Jeffrey Sachs as well?)

Here's another web site web site instead https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/jeffrey-sachs-yanked-off-air-after-accusing-us-of-sabotaging-nord-stream/. I expect you'll still refuse to consider the idea that Russia didn't blow up its own infrastructure. Perhaps we'll get more data later.

HOLA446
HOLA447
1 minute ago, Quiet Guy said:

So Martin Armstrong is a "crazy neocon". (Professor Jeffrey Sachs as well?)

To a degree yeah. He's commonly wheeled out to spout unusual opinions. He's entitled to them but he's in a minority.

1 minute ago, Quiet Guy said:

Here's another web site web site instead https://nypost.com/2022/10/04/jeffrey-sachs-yanked-off-air-after-accusing-us-of-sabotaging-nord-stream/. I expect you'll still refuse to consider the idea that Russia didn't blow up its own infrastructure. Perhaps we'll get more data later.

HOLA448

Russia initially chose to try and limit civilian (and even Ukrainian military) damage.

Where they expecting flower and a red carpet? Sorry about the welcome they received. It was most unpolite :)

They were not prepared for the scale of funding and military help given by the US/NATO. As you said previously, in most aspects, this is now a proxy war between Russia and NATO - which is extremely dangerous as Russia cannot afford to lose.

The West put guns into the Ukrainaian hands and forced them to repel the Russian. I see your logic.....😂

In operational terms, Russia has performed exceptionally well by any metric you care to examine.

Yes they have. They ran away.

IN confronting NATO though, they have to surge troops following the partial mobilisation and they need to take the gloves off.

By running away? Makes sense. You need to take the gloves off in order to put the trainers on.

They will counter attack when the ground hardens up.

Of course...theres always tomorrow....Vodka today right!

"De-militarisation" must now include the annihilation of the Ukrainian military.

That's pretty much all the Ukrainians...who you claim are brothers and you are there to save...correct?

More countless and pointless deaths unfortunately in order to satisfy America's thirst for war.

So America strared it....now whats the question? I see a pattern :)

Until people realise what is going on this is set to be a recurring pattern - the usual suspects will be on here in a few months explaining what an evil empire China is and why we have to recue the brave Taiwanese.

Off piste again...watch out for the crevasses!

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA449

The answer is within.

What you are describing as "russian trolls" is reality entering your worldview.

The West is fantastic at PR, spin and propaganda. ON that from they are much more effective than the Russians.

Going by your intervention that is an affermative :)

But the truth will out eventually.

At last - soe sense.

Don't worry - like Iraq, you will be telling everyone a different story in ten years.

Would that be: America did it....now what's the question? :)

HOLA4410

Depends on the military presence within the country.

Why so? The Ukraine had less military presence than Finland and it got invaded. Now threatened with nukes. 

Sounds like Russia makes the rules up according to erm...what day it is.

HOLA4411
3 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

General Konashenkov: "The main thing that was destroyed in the course of the Special Military Operation is the population's trust in the propaganda of the Ministry of Defense. The trust in the leaders of our ministry has also been completely destroyed!"

Girkin

Seems not to be working on FOC ....maybe he's a bit slow on the uptake?

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4412
5 hours ago, Grayphil said:

@Staffsknot there are a few Russian bloggers saying that Ukraine has been painting the Russian Simple Z on their tanks etc to confuse.

If this is true is it forbidden under Geneva Convention?

Do you think it's more likely to be Russian Military Bloggers just making things up to sow seeds of doubt?

1. Technically using false insignia counts as being out of uniform removes many legal protections, but its a daubed bit of paint so probably ruse de guerre applies. Z is not an official insignia its ad-hoc so you aren't impersonating by adding say a Russian flag or the sybol of a Guards unit.

2.If the Russians are that shit they get confused by a bit of Dulux they really are laughable.

Many battlefield systems have IFF in vehicles now to reduce blue on blues so its extremely debatable. Even if not the Ukrainians are risking not knowing their own either so unlikely.

Sounds like made up stuff.

HOLA4413
16 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Where they expecting flower and a red carpet? Sorry about the welcome they received. It was most unpolite :)

The West put guns into the Ukrainaian hands and forced them to repel the Russian. I see your logic.....😂

Yes they have. They ran away.

By running away? Makes sense. You need to take the gloves off in order to put the trainers on.

Of course...theres always tomorrow....Vodka today right!

That's pretty much all the Ukrainians...who you claim are brothers and you are there to save...correct?

So America strared it....now whats the question? I see a pattern :)

Off piste again...watch out for the crevasses!

Is there a Downfall Bunker scene version of this as those all sound familiar 😉

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Freki said:

You want to compare Russia in Afghanistan to America in Afghanistan?

Yes Russia is an economic dwarf: ranked 11 in total GDP, ranked 57 in PPP GDP per capita. It is a puny country. You want more stats about how bad Russia is or you want to keep digging?

Let's not forget Russia is ahead of even 'those evil Ukrainians' in the corruption stakes. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
25 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

If I blow someone to bits and then offer to sow his leg back on that instantly makes me the good guy. I think that the primary school thinking behind his position.

So it's a "Teen Fire Hero" then.

Given that the Pipeline could have been part of Russia's economy (which someone one here mentioned they regard as pathetic), might you argue it's more like a midget secretly blowing off their own leg and the leg of a high jump athlete they are managing? to sow their legs back on and look like the good guy?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

They would put up a good fight but would be steamrollered.

Incidentally, if they were members of NATO at the time and an all out war with Russia was triggered it would be curtains for all of us.

I'd be careful at cheering them on - you might just get what you wished for.

I’d be careful of cheering on your local despot.

For the record, ****** you and ****** your army of orcs.

ignored, as all trolls should be

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
29 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

Beats talking about the fact bits of 'Russia' are going back to being bits of Ukraine faster than a Russian tank salesman's orderbook dried up.

lol

It does look astonishing though. Is this real/possible or just an accident of video editing ?:

HOLA4421
2 hours ago, pig said:

Jesus wept are the Trolls still going on about the pipeline 😂

It's important. We need to know who might or might not have dunnit, or may have said they would have dunnit if they could, but didn't, or who might have dunnit not knowingly, or did it knowingly but regretted it, or did it without even knowing they did it and didn't realise that it was a THING!!! :) Pollard.

Edited by IMHAL

HOLA4422
1 minute ago, IMHAL said:

It's important. We need to know who might or might have not dunnit, or may have said they would have dunnit if they could, but didn't, or who might have dunnit not knowingly, or did it knowingly but regretted it, or did it without even knowing they did it and didn't realise that it was a thing :)

Its just that the Ukranians have kicked their 4rse over the last month isn't it :)

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 hour ago, pig said:

lol

It does look astonishing though. Is this real/possible or just an accident of video editing ?:

From the same Twitter poster, the overhead image of Novopetrivka Kherson doesn't seem to look like Novopetrivka Kherson when viewed on Googe maps image.

From twitter;

FeNvS4MWQAA-6w0.thumb.jpeg.ddca4625b40bfd26f3708e414b72909d.jpeg

Maps;

Kherson.thumb.jpg.0a91e2481613ab3f3ec916460c5e780b.jpg

Have a look for yourself, see what you think.

4 hours ago, FOConnor said:

They would put up a good fight but would be steamrollered.

Incidentally, if they were members of NATO at the time and an all out war with Russia was triggered it would be curtains for all of us.

I'd be careful at cheering them on - you might just get what you wished for.

Depends on who you believe as to what is going on I suppose. I have been seeing some pretty gory stuff. The stuff posted on this thread is pretty "Milquetoast grinder".

I like coming up with these terms "Teen Fire Hero", now "Milquetoast grinder" (as opposed to meat grinder).

14 minutes ago, TheResponsibleHouseBuyer said:

I am a bit scared. I am happy to see the Ukrainians gaining ground, but i sense Putin will try a nuke at one point in this conflict.

I think we should all be worried, forget a HPC for a second...

Lets hope whoever has the keys to the controls throws it down a gulag drain.

There aren't going to be any Nukes.

Edited by Arpeggio