House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
  • Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
39 minutes ago, rollover said:

Your question attempts to limit direct replies and serve your agenda.

It's a loaded question that contains a controversial assumption.

Yes in my view they

- are genocidal - they are deliberately obliterating swathes of Ukraine and their citizens

- they are invading and

- they are an army. 

If it’s not too complicated or limiting or agenda something something for you by all means point out which bit you disagree with.

I appreciate that being nestled inside the Russia propaganda machine it’s hard to think of reality other than in terms of ‘agendas’ and ‘narrative’.

But it would be interesting to know in principle if for you a genocidal invading army is ‘bad’, you must at least be intellectually capable of this.

HOLA443
HOLA444
1 hour ago, pig said:

Yes in my view they

- are genocidal - they are deliberately obliterating swathes of Ukraine and their citizens

- they are invading and

- they are an army. 

If it’s not too complicated or limiting or agenda something something for you by all means point out which bit you disagree with.

I appreciate that being nestled inside the Russia propaganda machine it’s hard to think of reality other than in terms of ‘agendas’ and ‘narrative’.

But it would be interesting to know in principle if for you a genocidal invading army is ‘bad’, you must at least be intellectually capable of this.

The point I disagree with is your fallacious opinion.

Why don't you just admit you're in the wrong and just playing a dumb, insensitive and manipulative.

It's a fake role to play, init? Let's leave it at that for today.

HOLA445
20 minutes ago, rollover said:

Why don't you just admit you're in the wrong and just playing a dumb, insensitive and manipulative.

What ‘opinion’ ?

Its not a complicated question, anybody can answer it easily, and there are very few reasons I can think of why somebody wouldn’t answer it.

HOLA446

That's how propaganda (made in BBC) looks like in Ukraine ... Singling out and targeting just English speaking dummies ... sorry audience, owing to the fact that locals would have not a clue what is written on the hi-vis vest.

A Kharkiv regional prosecutor inspects shell damage at an agricultural college near the city. Prosecutors have had to learn quickly how to conduct war crimes investigations.

BBC

Edited by rollover

HOLA447
11 hours ago, rollover said:

Tosh, you are saying Russia is being misrepresented in the western media, this is a continuation of your false narrative a Russian apologist agenda.  I assume this is your job or hobby at least, that is to try to justify Russias illegal invasions.  Clearly Russia is committing war crimes.  I would add that the west should have taken action much sooner and is not doing enough now.

HOLA448
1 hour ago, rollover said:

That's how propaganda (made in BBC) looks like in Ukraine ... Singling out and targeting just English speaking dummies ... sorry audience, owing to the fact that locals would have not a clue what is written on the hi-vis vest.

A Kharkiv regional prosecutor inspects shell damage at an agricultural college near the city. Prosecutors have had to learn quickly how to conduct war crimes investigations.

BBC

International law and business is done in English.  Also, due to the illegal destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure the jackets would have been donated by the UK or US.  You are scraping the Botton of barrel with your posts these days.

HOLA449

Here's a one for you @rollover and not an opinion but a an actual fact.

The denial of rights under the Geneva convention to captured combatants is a war crime. Nor can legal combatatants be prosecuted for the act of participation in that war under the terms of the Geneva convention.

The two British POWs had contracts in Ukrainian military and were serving soldiers in it, therefore legal combatants.

As PoWs of Russia or Russian affiliated forces there is a duty of care - failing to ensure these PoW rights is a war crime.

You say the war crimes are West propaganda - this is a completely Russian action and breaches Geneva Convention on treatment of PoWs - especially as the forces in that area were Russian not the breakaway regions in Donbas.

If LPR forces are 'independent' of Russia they have been handed to a 3rd state, which again still keeps Russia on hook for all treatment as failing to ensure said treatment is a breach.

Discuss that one

HOLA4410
4 hours ago, rollover said:

BBC

Nothing to see here, but on the other hand you're refusing to say whether you think an invading genocidal army is a 'bad' thing.

The question is in principle independent from the situation in Russia and for normal people is a fairly simple question.

The most likely explanation is that you think that is exactly what Russia is doing.

And as you are engaged in dishonest propaganda to support a genocidal invading army you are trapped, unable to bring yourself to say its a 'bad' thing.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
6 hours ago, satsuma said:

Tosh, you are saying Russia is being misrepresented in the western media, this is a continuation of your false narrative a Russian apologist agenda.  I assume this is your job or hobby at least, that is to try to justify Russias illegal invasions.  Clearly Russia is committing war crimes.  I would add that the west should have taken action much sooner and is not doing enough now.

I haven't said that, it was you who did it, init?

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
6 hours ago, satsuma said:

International law and business is done in English.  Also, due to the illegal destruction of Ukrainian infrastructure the jackets would have been donated by the UK or US.  You are scraping the Botton of barrel with your posts these days.

Your response is incoherent.

But the point I agree with you is that, "the jackets would have been donated by the UK or US" used only for propaganda purposes.

HOLA4417
6 hours ago, Staffsknot said:

Here's a one for you @rollover and not an opinion but a an actual fact.

The denial of rights under the Geneva convention to captured combatants is a war crime. Nor can legal combatatants be prosecuted for the act of participation in that war under the terms of the Geneva convention.

The two British POWs had contracts in Ukrainian military and were serving soldiers in it, therefore legal combatants.

As PoWs of Russia or Russian affiliated forces there is a duty of care - failing to ensure these PoW rights is a war crime.

You say the war crimes are West propaganda - this is a completely Russian action and breaches Geneva Convention on treatment of PoWs - especially as the forces in that area were Russian not the breakaway regions in Donbas.

If LPR forces are 'independent' of Russia they have been handed to a 3rd state, which again still keeps Russia on hook for all treatment as failing to ensure said treatment is a breach.

Discuss that one

You should go out of your cave more often to be up to date ...

Russia wants to swap them (foreign mercenaries) for President Vladimir Putin’s pal Viktor Medvedchuk, who was arrested by Ukraine’s secret service.

thesun

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 hours ago, Grayphil said:

Not according the leading experts.

https://amp-cnn-com.cdn.ampproject.org/...

Really? CNN and backed by the New Lines Institute - Wow!
Let's see how this particular report stands up over the test of time.

...the team assembled by New Lines Institute also includes open source intelligence investigators, and linguists who examined a communications intercepts and testimonials.

Newlines Institute: A collection of regime-change ideologues and “Shadow CIA” operatives:

The supposedly independent report accusing China of genocide was published by the Newlines Institute for Strategy and Policy based in Washington, DC and known formerly as the Center for Global Policy. Founded in 2019, the think tank’s stated aim is “to enhance US foreign policy” with a “specialization in Muslim states and societies.”

https://www.quora.com/What-is-Newlines-Institute-Is-it-independent-and-objective-or-biased

HOLA4422
1 hour ago, rollover said:

What are you trying to say?

You ran away from the fact Russia in its own media, not Western media, was discussing the execution of lawful combatants who have surrendered. PoWs cannot stand trial simply for being involved in a conflict that is the point of being a soldier you are a lawful combatant.

They were serving soldiers in Ukranianian forces so despite all the running around trying to say everything is Western propaganda - Russia just broadcast its own war crime.

The trial itself is a war crime so perhaps go out of your cave a bit more often!

HOLA4423
1 hour ago, Grayphil said:

I assume he means that you are talking complete gibberish at this point.

Always but the claim that everything is a Western propaganda / stooge gets blown up when Russia basically broadcast its own breach of the Geneva Convention on PoWs.

Its stunningly stupid

HOLA4424
2 hours ago, rollover said:

@pig is just playing nincompoop when it suits him, he is more than capable to understand and differentiate fallacy.

But he likes sometimes being an ass and ask loaded questions.

Well not really - I even unloaded the question for you.

The vast majority of people could answer it with ease.

It’s not complicated unless you yourself are ‘pre-loaded’with ‘something’ you aren’t telling us.

What could it be about the mere concept of a genocidal invading army that panics you into silence ?

😉

HOLA4425

Medvedev warns 'Horsemen of the Apocalypse are on their way'

Moscow would escalate their war on the West if US-supplied missiles are used against Russian forces, saying: 'The horsemen of the Apocalypse are already on their way.'

Last month, he warned military support for Ukraine risks sparking nuclear war with Russia. He wrote on Telegram: 'NATO countries pumping weapons into Ukraine, training troops to use western equipment, sending in mercenaries and the exercises of alliance countries near our borders increase the likelihood of a direct and open conflict between NATO and Russia.

'Such a conflict always has the risk of turning into a full-fledged nuclear war.' 'The cynicism of Western "talking heads" is becoming more and more blatant. He also warned the West: 'I want to articulate very clearly once again the things that are so obvious to all reasonable people. You don't have to lie to yourself and others.

Daily Mail