House Price Crash Forum

Will Russia invade Ukraine and what happens if it escalates with NATO/US getting involved

coypondboy

HOLA441
8 hours ago, MerchantNavy said:

The onus is on you to prove I've condoned the war.

Can you condemn:

A - The Russian invasion

B - NATO Illegal Iraq War

Pal, there are literally hundreds of posts were I condem the illegal Russian invasion. 

I took part in the demonstrations against the war in Iraq. There is probably CCTV footage of me out there somewhere.

Now back to you. I can't remember any post you have made condeming Russias actions. How about just one ;)

• Replies 41.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Staffsknot

• Si1

• rollover

• pig

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
8 hours ago, MerchantNavy said:

Russia, naturally has a larger population. Wether neo-nazi was used as an excuse or not, Azov is now symbolic to Ukraine and they have a serious Nazism issue.

Russia has a greater proportion of Nazi supporters yet they don't do anything about them??? In fact they use them to get rid of political opponents and harass any opposition.

Ukraine has less Nazi supporters than most countries, yet it's a BIG problem that warrants the genocide and land grab of Ukraine...rightho... ;)

Plus the Asov brigade was given back to Ukraine in a prisoner swap....ohhh... that sounds like they are not really the issue at all. 

The real issue is the fascist Putin and his quest for expansion.

HOLA443
9 hours ago, MerchantNavy said:

?

Real people, innocent on both sides, are dieing and you are encouraged by downplaying quotes.

Yes a war started a year ago by Russian peado Nazis 

why don’t you record a video plea to your Fuhrer to stop this war he started?

Edited by yelims

HOLA444
1 hour ago, Staffsknot said:

I really hope you are playing a drinking game off these replies - everytime a crank shouts neocons you do a shot 😉

Fair do's. The cranks keep on spouting the same old rubbish and sometimes you just have to counter, even tho you know, and they know they are talking b0llocks. It's just a game for them.

HOLA445

China urges to respect legitimate security concerns of all states

China urges to pay attention to, and ease in a proper way legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Friday in a document about political settlement of the crisis in Ukraine.

"Cold War mentality should be abandoned. Security of one country should not be ensured through harming the security of other states, and regional security cannot be maintained through strengthening and expansion of military blocs," the document says. "Legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries should be taken into account, and properly eased.".

tass

HOLA446
3 minutes ago, rollover said:

China urges to respect legitimate security concerns of all states

China urges to pay attention to, and ease in a proper way legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries, the Chinese foreign ministry said on Friday in a document about political settlement of the crisis in Ukraine.

"Cold War mentality should be abandoned. Security of one country should not be ensured through harming the security of other states, and regional security cannot be maintained through strengthening and expansion of military blocs," the document says. "Legitimate security interests and concerns of all countries should be taken into account, and properly eased.".

tass

Point 1 was respect territorial integrity of both parties - funny you skipped that bit

HOLA447
11 hours ago, coypondboy said:

Interesting article in the guardian as to how russians who have fled to other countries use crypto currency to pay the bills. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/feb/23/russians-returning-home-dangers

image.png.47c844e29eece0b61bf79a627cda546f.png

I've previously been sceptical as per the need for crypto-currencies, but this shows there may be a big demand under certain circumstances.

HOLA448
5 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

Fair do's. The cranks keep on spouting the same old rubbish and sometimes you just have to counter, even tho you know, and they know they are talking b0llocks. It's just a game for them.

Of course its entertaining watching a hoard of blocked replies pop up anytime anything rational or popping the absurd evil West ****** is posted - you know its going to be recycled double down BS or pathetic whataboutery an insults, but the fact they get so riled

HOLA449
8 hours ago, Grayphil said:

Normally agree with your posts.

But In my opinion, Russia is a country, it really needs to continue as such

It is doing terrible things right now, but if it disintegrates, there are a few internal players that could take over, and cause massive global issues 

I'm probably thinking of Chechens, this may be a completely unfounded thought process of mine, but Kadyrov is building a 1 million strong army, and Wagner has been getting closer to them.

Absolutely the disintegration of Russia is a stupid thing for anyone to push for and would set off fires for decades.

Nobody rational is pushing for that but its a strawman folks try and wield for if you don't give Russia what it wants...

HOLA4410
8 hours ago, zugzwang said:

The United States is an authoritarian regime. It's been at war continuously since its inception. What's really interesting is how this decadees-old hegemon is in a long term trend of decline. The Ukraine War from the longest perspective is about Uncle Sham's efforts to prevent other countries from developing their own sovereignty, technlogy, banking and credit services etc. and shaking off Wall Street's monopoly rent extractors.

So you think the USA is more authritarian than China or Russia??? Never laughed so much.

Well that's just plain old idiocy and idicates you have lost a couple of screws, nuts and bolts somewhere along the line. 

Sounds to me like you have been groomed into extremist thinking.

Take a good hard look at China and Russia is you want to know what an authoritarian dictator state looks like. No free media, no opposition, genocide of states and cultures, no holes barred to rid opposition. Keep clapping these despots numpty. 

HOLA4411
3 minutes ago, IMHAL said:

So you think the USA is more authritarian than China or Russia??? Never laughed so much.

Well that's just plain old idiocy and idicates you have lost a couple of screws, nuts and bolts somewhere along the line. 

Take a good hard look at China and Russia is you want to know what an authoritarian dictator state looks like. No free media, no opposition, genocide of states and cultures, no holes barred to rid opposition. Keep clapping these despots numpty. 

Zug just believes in the ideology so hard he forgives China anything. As they are backing Russia to an extent he is forced into reigning back his criticism there ( remember it was all Christer fascist must be stopped waaaay back).

Naturally the US & West are opposition to China so all the West is evil.

Its basically evangelism

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It's now NATO against Russia ...

NATO stepping up support to Ukraine

NATO will maintain its support to Ukraine for as long as necessary, we will continue to strengthen our partnership with Ukraine as it advances its Euro-Atlantic aspirations, the bloc said in a statement on Friday.

"We are further stepping up political and practical support to Ukraine as it defends itself against Russia’s invasion, and will maintain our support for as long as necessary to help Ukraine prevail. In this context, NATO will continue to coordinate closely with relevant stakeholders, including international organizations, in particular the EU, as well as like-minded countries," the statement reads.

NATO countries "remain determined to maintain coordinated international pressure on Russia."

tass

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, zugzwang said:

The United States is an empire of debt. The greatest debtor nation the world has ever known. One political party, two right wings:  Big Oil (Rep) and Big Money (Dem) both dedicated to the political and monetary subjugation of the entire planet.

Irrelevant to the point.  I do wonder why someone like you spends your time telling people the USA is the devil.  

HOLA4415
1 hour ago, IMHAL said:

You're the one that's been groomed, fool. Groomed into servility and vassalage.

Wherever you find freedom opposed or democracy overthrown you'll find the jackboot of the Amerikkka fascist. Genocide of states and cultures. Check. One-eyed corporate media. Check. Invasion, devastation, rape and murder. Check.

HOLA4416
1 minute ago, zugzwang said:

You're the one that's been groomed, fool. Groomed into servility and vassalage.

Wherever you find freedom opposed or democracy overthrown you'll find the jackboot of the Amerikkka fascist. Genocide of states and cultures. Check. One-eyed corporate media. Check. Invasion, devastation, rape and murder. Check.

PPP

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

https://www.itv.com/news/2023-02-23/disintegration-of-russian-federation-has-begun-ukraines-secuirty-chief-says

According to intelligence reports the Russian federation is breaking apart.  I warned about this a year ago when I said Russia should pull back and mend the roof.  They continued this ruinous invasion and now stand to lose everything.  Hopefully someone in Moscow will see sense and ask the world for help.  

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Just now, satsuma said:

Increasingly desperate bleating, they are looking for a way out.  

It’s a country with a one trick pony of oil and gas exports as only source of wealth flowing  into the country 

A country that flogged its gas pony to death and whose oil pony got neutered 

Their total month on month goods/materials exports are now smaller than Irelands, a country with 30x less population and zero natural resources 

Actually calling it a country might be too much, a terrorist/criminal enterprise with 140 million serfs 

HOLA4422
11 minutes ago, yelims said:

It’s a country with a one trick pony of oil and gas exports as only source of wealth flowing  into the country 

A country that flogged its gas pony to death and whose oil pony got neutered 

Their total month on month goods/materials exports are now smaller than Irelands, a country with 30x less population and zero natural resources 

Actually calling it a country might be too much, a terrorist/criminal enterprise with 140 million serfs 

I think some of us with Irish heritage would be offended to be compared with Russia:). But your point is valid, little Ireland puts put more that the largest country.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
8 minutes ago, Peter Hun said:

It made railway equipment about 80 years ago.

I was watching that on the news last night, its ironic that Russia has forced the west to invest in defence, I wonder what goes through the workers minds, they must be somewhat conflicted considering many of the Russians are conscripts.  Still, better them than us.

HOLA4425
10 minutes ago, satsuma said:

I think some of us with Irish heritage would be offended to be compared with Russia:). But your point is valid, little Ireland puts put more that the largest country.

I’m Irish hence the comparison 

Russia is not a super power it’s an over glorified ISIS like regime with ageing nukes and rapidly declining population and delusions of grandeur of an Empire long gone