House Price Crash Forum

Government sleaze stories

Staffsknot

HOLA441
8 hours ago, FANG said:

Boris is apparently going to stamp down on drugs so will he start on MPs in Parliament as Government is turning into a real cess pit

Or will our MPs be spending Christmas in a Crack house.

Narcotics are found in the lavatories of parliament, in Her Majesty’s prisons and in virtually every pub and nightclub in Britain.

The British market, reputedly worth £9.4bn, is effectively fully deregulated. Nothing in Johnson’s proposals indicates any attempt to curb, let alone license and tax, this market. He is the dealers’ fairy godmother.

Guardian

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
54 minutes ago, rollover said:

Narcotics are found in the lavatories of parliament, in Her Majesty’s prisons and in virtually every pub and nightclub in Britain.

The British market, reputedly worth £9.4bn, is effectively fully deregulated. Nothing in Johnson’s proposals indicates any attempt to curb, let alone license and tax, this market. He is the dealers’ fairy godmother.

Guardian

A fully deregulated business, led by the market - the Right Wing Libertarian wet dream

HOLA443
1 hour ago, msi said:

A fully deregulated business, led by the market - the Right Wing Libertarian wet dream

You joke, but it's a valid point I think!

I honestly believe international coke producers and pushers actively lobby (via back door channels) to keep their products illegal.

If cocaine was legalised, it's price would absolutely plummet for a start.

HOLA444

Brexit repeating over and over and over and over....Its basically the gov barfing all over standards in public life while complaining about the rudeness of politicians trying to clean up the mess.

HOLA445
HOLA446
23 hours ago, byron78 said:

You joke, but it's a valid point I think!

I honestly believe international coke producers and pushers actively lobby (via back door channels) to keep their products illegal.

If cocaine was legalised, it's price would absolutely plummet for a start.

When illegal bookmaking was taken over via the Tote, betting prices dropped.  So much for ThE sTaTe Is InEfFiCiEnT...

HOLA447

As is often the case when wrongdoing becomes habitual - people get lazy & sloppy which is when it blows up. As has happened with the media prep video that is currently embarrassing anybody in Gov who was on interview in last 90 mins. Most financial crime is picked up when they just treat it as BAU and get lax.

Interestingly Stratton ex ITV and was recently dumped from big role as Johnson's media spokesperson to doing Cop26. She was poached from Sunak to do the White House style briefings that never happened... no coincidence ITV got a tape.

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA448
HOLA449
2 minutes ago, Bruce Banner said:

BoJo could be boasting about visiting Epstein Island, and his sycophants would still be cheering.... this is the Government we get because we are fed the lie ThErE iS nO aLtErNaTiVe.  We need a new type of politics and political landscape or we will handover democracy to our new Kings

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Bruce Banner said:

At this point BJ's regime is kind of becoming less interesting than the people who would actually still vote for him. By which I mean nothing surprises me about the government anymore, I've assumed they are as corrupt and wayward as is feasible. However why would any ordinary person - RW let alone LW - go anywhere near them ?  - which they did by way in the recent by-election.

By what means have the government got their base by the balls ?

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
1 hour ago, pig said:

At this point BJ's regime is kind of becoming less interesting than the people who would actually still vote for him. By which I mean nothing surprises me about the government anymore, I've assumed they are as corrupt and wayward as is feasible. However why would any ordinary person - RW let alone LW - go anywhere near them ?  - which they did by way in the recent by-election.

By what means have the government got their base by the balls ?

Could it be the same sort of warped charisma that the mid 20th century dictators had?

HOLA4416

As we turn away, Boris Johnson is grabbing more power. Where is the opposition?

In the previous batch of post-debate amendments, the bill sought, among other measures, to criminalise any protest that might interfere with the construction of new infrastructure. This most recent amendment will apply to existing infrastructure, potentially banning all effective protests, pickets or any other kind of action in places “such as” roads, railways, ports, airports, oil refineries and printing presses. The named infrastructure is bad enough, greatly limiting the scope of protest, but what does “such as” mean? Well, if printing presses are considered key infrastructure – an offering to the Murdoch empire, whose presses were targeted by Extinction Rebellion – this might apply to any corporate or government premises, as well as any public spaces.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/dec/08/boris-johnson-grabbing-more-power-amendments-to-oppressive-legislation-uk

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, Roman Roady said:

Not even Starmer can drop this one...surely?

To be fair to him, Starmer regularly hammers BoJo - one of the advantages of being a QC.  The press simply don't report it in anything other than limp wristed copy or 5s soundbite.  Strangely when BoJo was hammering Corbyn, he'd get full coverage.