House Price Crash Forum

Baby boomers booking holidays for 2021

mrlegend123

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

If you have had a vaccination you do not know if you have had an immune response. You need a test to confirm whether you have immunity to the virus. The individual cannot act with impunity just because they have had the vaccination. Vaccination without confirmation of immunity is effective only when a threshold percentage of the population have been vaccinated whereby the statistical immunity response from trials can be extended to the larger population. I suspect there will soon be cases of death from covid despite having the vaccine.

Correct me if I am wrong.

HOLA446
15 minutes ago, Notting Hell said:

If you have had a vaccination you do not know if you have had an immune response. You need a test to confirm whether you have immunity to the virus. The individual cannot act with impunity just because they have had the vaccination. Vaccination without confirmation of immunity is effective only when a threshold percentage of the population have been vaccinated whereby the statistical immunity response from trials can be extended to the larger population. I suspect there will soon be cases of death from covid despite having the vaccine.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah but you forgot boomers are stupid, selfish and deluded.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
31 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Yeah but you forgot boomers are stupid, selfish and deluded.

Really all of them ? Thought I had wandered onto a Brexit/remainer trump/Biden thread 

I don’t remember you as this bitter I preferred the old avatar in my ways than one 😉

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
2 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Dude, I was over generalising.

I know you were fella and actually sitting here listening to Spotify and discussing a friend who has just booked a trip to Hawaii

I fear your generalisation is correct but some of us aren’t like that - minority I think though !

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Not all oldies will take holidays abroad of course, many will staycation, perhaps taking a coach tour. Not brilliant news for the retail sector, as this demographic tends to be the time-waster or not interested in buying new stuff. However, can't really blame them for getting out on holiday, if I'm truthful, I'm a bit jealous. I think there is pent-up demand throughout the whole population to get away from home for a bit.

HOLA4419

Technically I'm a boomer, only through accident of birth. We've not been anywhere, not even a fekkin day trip, since 7th March last year. When the restrictions were lifted last summer we couldn't find a single place to go that we could afford, my wife drawing her state pension and me on my NHS pension being the reason. When the restrictions are lifted for everyone, we will indeed see if we can get away for 2 or 3 days to Cornwall or Norfolk, like every other bugger in the country. I have, strangely enough, a very strong dislike of many of my generation, particularly those f**wits who voted time and again to screw over the younger generations, knowing full well that they are unlikely to see the ramifications of their poor decisions. So, to Sausage, DON'T  sodding well include ME in your generalisation of my age group. Because I had undiagnosed Asperger's, ADHD and dyspraxia, the first 25 years of my life were SH1T.......and I'll be fekked backwards with the rough end of a pineapple if the last 25 years, if I live that long, are going to be the same. So I will grab a cheap holiday,  I  will spend my remaining money on what pleases me and if that grates on some people 'round here, well too bad, sorry, but I  WILL get some enjoyment out of life.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

People just love name calling. Gammon, snowflake, boomer and Karen are all recent additions and one day they won't be cool and will fade away. I need a word for people who leave their dog cr@p on the pavement or hang it on a bush. I'd rather the kids invent a term for someone who leaves their SUV running while they go into the shop. Or people who park across two spaces. 

Grab all the holidays you can and don't look back or worry about what other people think - I know that can be hard when media bombards up with other people's opinions constantly. 

HOLA4422

It came across a bit angry didn't it. Never mind, I just got triggered I guess. Ee, Sausage lad, it wasn't a personal go at you, just a rant at the attitude. I've never been rich, until recently we were just above breadline (certainly felt like it) but it grated especially when I remembered all my peers who went on holidays to Europe every year in their family car while I just had a £2 bitsa bicycle and made do. Bullied by my next door neighbour and his chav friends, mums second husband spent his money on his secretary, a sh1t school,  I could go on but you get the idea. I never will be well off as I decided I wanted a career in health care, a useful job I'm proud to have done, but poorer for it. Now the wife inherited enough to pay off the mortgage, we live a life that's tolerable and can afford a few things not available to us previously. Sausage, I wish you well and hope things get better. 

HOLA4423

Strange when you think about it, the bigots here don't damn those selfish boomers, stealing from children, who are CEO's at the 'Bank of Mom and Dad' 

Petty ignorants, on a  groundhog rant here, fail to point out that not everybody was in favour of what governments of old did.

Politics isn't about the most fashionable # du jour, you need to get off your pampered rear ends. Being a keyboard  whinger don't cut the mustard..._

Archived