House Price Crash Forum

Young people’s happiness hits lowest in a decade!

HOLA441
3 hours ago, Errol said:

Which is basically the only reason she gets anywhere.

Yep. And then whinges about it. 

3 hours ago, tomandlu said:

Irrespective of her personal faults, I considered it helpful to young women to have the veil lifted a little.

BTW it does occur to me, and no offence intended, that if you do genuinely score high on the psychopath test, then you might want to ponder how reliable your consideration for other people's emotional well-being and needs are... ;) 

Is the veil being lifted or it is it a cynical ploy to get more advertising for her new venture ? We are talking about it here so it appears to have worked rather well.:D

As for myself - as I said - I tend to sit at various points on 'spectrums'.

I can be incredibly considerate to others needs. On the other hand - sometimes I'm not bothered in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

I thought Osborne's little housing boom was supposed to make everyone happy?

Bliss !!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
55 minutes ago, rantnrave said:

I thought Osborne's little housing boom was supposed to make everyone happy?

Or Blair's Peak Education. The survey covers the happiness of 16-25 years, therefore including mostly full time students.  As the education bit is a sledge hammer to crack a nut, I thought the rite of passage thing was 70% of the reason for it all. Clearly not making the recipients as happy as they should be considering the ball crunching cost.

HOLA443
4 hours ago, ccc said:

Today you get some people in your face telling you over and over that they have anxiety issues. Nobody is really bothered. Same as some gay people. Nobody really gives a toss where you choose to stick your boab.

Some people are still bothered. For example it's very rare for footballers to be openly gay. Almost certainly there are some who feel unable to be open about it. With depression or anxiety I think this would obviously be more widespread. Admitting to people that you have these problems isn't going to get you laid, a promotion or make your friends and family enjoy your company more. People have a lot more reason to hide these issues than to exaggerate them.

HOLA444

From observations, it seems that teens these days don't have the outlets like I did in the 90s..group activities have been replaced by sitting alone in the bedroom, comparisons have led to feeling lacking and a generation has lost its sense of humour, also less parties, nights out and having 'fun'.

A very serious generation has stayed in, tried to do their homework when not massively distracted by phones, listened to what they 'should do',  read every possible opinion without face-to-face contact for context/smiles, and have educated themselves to being right-on regarding 'issues' (for fear of being seen as non-pc, oh no!), to the point of looking up from twitter to find the reality a tad overwhelming esp if skint. A herd-like mentality has developed (see Teen Twitter).  Only detachment from mainstream thinking and growing up away from the indoctrination of schools/media will mean some find their freedom.  I doubt the majority will as comfort-zone moaning will rule the day, alone in their bedrooms. 

Discovering nature, creating attention spans, focusing on nutrition and not listening to mostly crappy 'world-news' (indoctrination) and developing independent thought may save the day with some, also trying not to be so-pc it hurts!  Starting out in high house-price areas, I imagine most will have to move, have top budgeting skills, dole(!), rely on parents, or wait for a crash.

I'd suggest moving to the country but hey I like nature, plus you'll need to be organised in the country like a car, ensuring cheap rent, local work. 

I'm guessing most won't need medicating for anxiety, surely that's pharm companies making ££? 

Obsessing over rich lifestyles could be replaced by a sensible spreadsheet too? 

Most people have always stayed within so many miles of where they're born/grown up so expect them to stay put and retweet the current outrages.

HOLA445
21 hours ago, chronyx said:

Why, was snapchat down?

(Sorry can't take HuffPo seriously :lol:)

How will they cope when they hit 30+, poor little lambs. 

You're a working man, you can't tell me their problems don't sound laughable compared to running a business, complying with all regs and requirements, paying all the bills, etc etc.

I don't understand it either. Apparently the ecstasy has twice the MDMA content of the early 90s.

HOLA446
6 minutes ago, dom said:

I don't understand it either. Apparently the ecstasy has twice the MDMA content of the early 90s.

Not sure if twice the content but one of the benefits of the dark web is that there's certainly a lot of much better quality es around.  

The free party/rave scene has also made a come back in a big way (albeit even more underground now owing to surveillance etc). 

Problem is that clubbing is dying is on its **** thanks to a combination of, you guessed it, house prices (gentrification really), smoking ban (no more cheeky spliffs), anxiety about health and money but mainly an increasingly conservative outlook amongst the young.

Where this myth about kids being overwhelmingly "pc snowflakes" comes from is beyond me. Look at stuff like the recent student racism issues at various universities or just read a 4chan messageboard for ******s sake. Being a racist is now a trendy, "edgy" thing to do.

This kind of shit just did not exist when I was a "yoot" back in the late 90s/early 00s. Even the football hooligans in my town were into the rave scene (in fact they were pretty much the main instigators in our area). 

HOLA447
1 minute ago, Hullabaloo82 said:

Not sure if twice the content but one of the benefits of the dark web is that there's certainly a lot of much better quality es around.  

The free party/rave scene has also made a come back in a big way (albeit even more underground now owing to surveillance etc). 

Problem is that clubbing is dying is on its **** thanks to a combination of, you guessed it, house prices (gentrification really), smoking ban (no more cheeky spliffs), anxiety about health and money but mainly an increasingly conservative outlook amongst the young.

Where this myth about kids being overwhelmingly "pc snowflakes" comes from is beyond me. Look at stuff like the recent student racism issues at various universities or just read a 4chan messageboard for ******s sake. Being a racist is now a trendy, "edgy" thing to do.

This kind of shit just did not exist when I was a "yoot" back in the late 90s/early 00s. Even the football hooligans in my town were into the rave scene (in fact they were pretty much the main instigators in our area). 

I was 16 back in '88 when it all started. Casual violence was the dominant youth culture before Es came along.

HOLA448
22 minutes ago, Hullabaloo82 said:

Being a racist is now a trendy, "edgy" thing to do.

With out passing judgement, it's probably a reaction to having tolerance, diversity and equality shoved into their heads since they were born

HOLA449
HOLA4410
15 hours ago, sexton said:

Rubbish. As an "average full time worker" in the 70's I couldn't even aspire to rent a flat on my own.

In the 70s the average working mans salary ALONE could pay the mortgage required to buy the average family house. That's why we got the boomers sitting on house problem. My Dad bought a 4 Bed detached house for £12,000 in 1975. Would be 'worth,' well going for at least £400K today. No way the average man AND WIFE could afford it easily today.

HOLA4411
13 hours ago, kzb said:

Well someone did mention this to me last week.  It didn't occur to me when I was watching it.

The IT industry requires staff that have autistic traits.

We then get people beaming with joy on TV when they get a diagnosis of a mental illness

Everyone thinks it's great.

Am I the only one that thinks it's not great?

Being gay was considered an illness in my lifetime, perhaps they know there are wired differently and glad it is recognised ?

I would go further and say the world needs a few more people who like order and know what they like or not clearly 

I find High IQ ( often Autistic people share this trait ) incredibly stimulating and attractive, the polar opposite of some goon showing me their latest holiday snap on FB or forwarding some me some inspirational message on LinkedIn ( Do something brave everyday ...) and I earn a decent income from Leadership Coaching as one of my activities so can’t be considered someone who is cynical about motivation 

In fact I have come to the view that social media has enabled poor or lazy communicators to spoof communication skills. In the end it can only end badly for them when the curtain drops. 

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4412
12 hours ago, macca13 said:

Have you ever seen a top football striker go through a goal drought! 

They always say it’s confidence, it’s all in their head... 

I does not matter what we think, if 57% of the young feel like there is no future.. Then there won’t be one.. That’s the governments job to make things fair and keep society happy and working hard! 

If they continue to screw them over then the country will fail! 

They can’t and surely your head and your motivation is up to you ?

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
12 hours ago, ccc said:

Shouts more 'look at me'. She has a new website to advertise. And she is 18. She has no clue about the real World. Just spouting the same nonsense she has sucked up from others online.

"Veganism"

"White Privilige. "

"Chocolate = poison and violence"

Looks very fit in the white dress though.

Bit harsh not a bad message re the 3D world but of course as per your last line people will forgive her a lot.... ??

Just saw your post re character traits totally impulsive one minute, detailed almost OCD planner the next - snap ! I also come out as a sociopath on tests like most senior execs, my other trait is extreme sociability. One of my wife’s favourite comments is ‘ Have you any idea some people don’t want to talk to you ? Every time I tell you it’s like news to you ! ‘ I can thank my Dad for that trait. 

I say three thank you’s Every morning and often it is a thank you for this wiring seems perfect for the modern world.

To everyone who suffers from debilitating anxiety I would say :

Firstly we all suffer from it - even off the scale extroverts with money in the bank. So never believe you can fix it externally with substances or you don’t have to work at it constantly 

Invest in yourself gym, awareness training (NLP, public speaking, goal setting ) etc and locate tools and strategies that work for you. Now here’s the rub most of your friends, family and acquaintances won’t be any where near self awareness. Your going to have to start to build a you V2.0.

That involves building your self esteem through continual learning, searching out role models and going easy on yourself it’s ok to be different, that’s where social media is really no good for you at all 

ps always dress well everywhere and appropriately When I see anyone walking down the street in the rain without a decent stylish raincoat ( in London and plainly can afford one ) it just looks stupid. 

Shoes always clean and well polished ( cleaned and protected if suede or trainers )

But remember you are  the clothes horse take a look at all the successful people you know - they are generally fit for their age. If everyone who obsesses with social media spent the same time exercising - wow ? imagine how their life would change 

Edited by GregBowman

HOLA4415
32 minutes ago, GregBowman said:

Bit harsh not a bad message re the 3D world but of course as per your last line people will forgive her a lot.... ??

Just saw your post re character traits totally impulsive one minute, detailed almost OCD planner the next - snap ! I also come out as a sociopath on tests like most senior execs, my other trait is extreme sociability. One of my wife’s favourite comments is ‘ Have you any idea some people don’t want to talk to you ? Every time I tell you it’s like news to you ! ‘ I can thank my Dad for that trait. 

I say three thank you’s Every morning and often it is a thank you for this wiring seems perfect for the modern world.

To everyone who suffers from debilitating anxiety I would say :

Firstly we all suffer from it - even off the scale extroverts with money in the bank. So never believe you can fix it externally with substances or you don’t have to work at it constantly 

Invest in yourself gym, awareness training (NLP, public speaking, goal setting ) etc and locate tools and strategies that work for you. Now here’s the rub most of your friends, family and acquaintances won’t be any where near self awareness. Your going to have to start to build a you V2.0.

That involves building your self esteem through continual learning, searching out role models and going easy on yourself it’s ok to be different, that’s where social media is really no good for you at all 

ps always dress well everywhere and appropriately When I see anyone walking down the street in the rain without a decent stylish raincoat ( in London and plainly can afford one ) it just looks stupid. 

Shoes always clean and well polished ( cleaned and protected if suede or trainers )

But remember you are  the clothes horse take a look at all the successful people you know - they are generally fit for their age. If everyone who obsesses with social media spent the same time exercising - wow ? imagine how their life would change 

Exercise releases large quantities of dopamine, seritonin and endorphins. A big boost to happiness. 

HOLA4416
37 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Exercise releases large quantities of dopamine, seritonin and endorphins. A big boost to happiness. 

Yes, excercise, nature, sounds of nature and animals........get out into the countryside and walk a well behaved dog, a borrowed one just as beneficial.;)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Yes, regular weekly exercise did me a world of good. And I've got Asperger's, it has hindered me somewhat and feels real enough to me.

Also of course people are generally unhappy, Great Britain has spent recent generations fundamentally destroying its foundations for a more stable and functioning economic system.

HOLA4419
5 hours ago, GregBowman said:

Being gay was considered an illness in my lifetime, perhaps they know there are wired differently and glad it is recognised ?

I would go further and say the world needs a few more people who like order and know what they like or not clearly 

I find High IQ ( often Autistic people share this trait ) incredibly stimulating and attractive, the polar opposite of some goon showing me their latest holiday snap on FB or forwarding some me some inspirational message on LinkedIn ( Do something brave everyday ...) and I earn a decent income from Leadership Coaching as one of my activities so can’t be considered someone who is cynical about motivation 

In fact I have come to the view that social media has enabled poor or lazy communicators to spoof communication skills. In the end it can only end badly for them when the curtain drops. 

It's not like gayness.  These girls on the programme were beaming with joy to get a diagnosis.

A diagnosis means you have an illness.  You don't get a diagnosis of High IQ.

Gays  spent decades campaigning in the opposite direction, i.e to stop gayness being classed as mental illness.  Anyone who diagnosed someone with gayness now would be a pariah.

They are beaming with joy to get a diagnosis of an illness, not a recognition that they are High IQ.

In point of fact there was nothing visibly wrong with these people.  They were within the normal range of behaviour to my eyes.

What we seem to be saying is that being bright puts you part way to being classed as mentally ill, i.e. "not normal".

Edited by kzb

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
11 minutes ago, chronyx said:

Sounds like it's going to go a bit Pol Pot :lol:

I would say you had to see it with your own eyes to believe it.

I hope that people on here would think the same as me when they saw it.  It's hard to get across in words the feeling there is something very sinister going on here, right in front of our eyes on a mainstream TV channel.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
1 hour ago, kzb said:

It's not like gayness.  These girls on the programme were beaming with joy to get a diagnosis.

A diagnosis means you have an illness.  You don't get a diagnosis of High IQ.

Gays  spent decades campaigning in the opposite direction, i.e to stop gayness being classed as mental illness.  Anyone who diagnosed someone with gayness now would be a pariah.

Sexual orientation is not a active mental illness, but it is an inbuilt mental and behavioural condition perhaps akin to autism and psychopathy, to be blunt. 

And transgenderism obviously seems to be a product of the XX foetus becoming a XY foetus in the womb not going fully to plan (males before transition often have female attributes and vice versa).

The human mind and body is very, very complex machinery with a lot of room for developmental defects that we have to understand (not stigmitise) and socially adapt to (within reason).

Edited by Big Orange

HOLA4424
29 minutes ago, Big Orange said:

Sexual orientation is not a active mental illness, but it is an inbuilt mental and behavioural condition perhaps akin to autism and psychopathy, to be blunt. 

And transgenderism obviously seems to be a product of the XX foetus becoming a XY foetus in the womb not going fully to plan (males before transition often have female attributes and vice versa).

The human mind and body is very, very complex machinery with a lot of room for developmental defects that we have to understand (not stigmitise) and socially adapt to (within reason).

Agreed. Yet the cheerleaders for all this LBGXTINDFTNSSMSLJEH+ agenda are also the very same people who have been cheerleading equality for years and telling everyone 'We are all the same'.

It doesn't add up. You cant have both.

If they want to put people into boxes then fine. But stop telling us we are all the same. We clearly are not.

If they want to keep telling us we are all the same then fine. But stop putting people into boxes.

HOLA4425