House Price Crash Forum

Young people’s happiness hits lowest in a decade!

HOLA441
  • Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
14 hours ago, scottbeard said:

And that's absolutely fine as a one-off.

It only becomes a problem if every social is just Friday night at the pub/wine bar.  Then it's not really equal in aggregate because you're always appealing to the same bunch and leaving the same others out.

And if that's what most people want to do then tough to those who don't quite frankly. You're not being deliberately excluded, so there's no discrimination involved, and it doesn't negatively affect you. By all means suggest and organise something else more up your street and if people are interested they may go along with it. Why should everyone else reshape their life around what you want? Maybe they'll actually enjoy doing some other things more and hadn't realised it which is why it's fine to try to persuade people to give it a try. Fine even to sit back and call them a bunch of drunken wasters who don't know what they're doing with their life and that they'd be happier if they weren't (you may well be right). Not fine to expect them to change to satisfy you personally.

(generic "you" there)

HOLA443
23 hours ago, happyguy said:

He still has a sense of entitlement that is beyond belief.  Would he have rather been a miner in the 70's,

What do you actually want son ?  A free house and car?

They cannot cope with the normal stresses that other generations dealt with.  Can you imagine what they would have been like on the Somme!   They would be stressed because it was a bit muddy. 

Your a buy to leech landlord I’m guessing? You seem to be very against anyone getting a decent lifestyle? I work hard, but that only pays for me to live and for my landlords new Range Rover. 

Slavery of the workers must end, buy to leech must end.. 

HOLA444
On 16/04/2018 at 2:31 PM, happyguy said:

The Corbynistas do not get it they support a man and a party who want mass immigration, take in loads of refugees which increases demand for housing and encourages BTL then they whine that they cannot buy a house or get one from the LA.  They do not understand the basic concept of supply and demand.  

The UK is not a basket case economy it is going very well.  

I will not vote for any one who wants mass immigration and puts flowers on hamas terrorists graves

As a millennial I kinda agree with some of your points, it's not until I got older that I really started learning. Friend of mine is self employed and none of the business studies content at school even helped.

I don't agree with the HPI point as it's well documented now that banks create 97% of the money supply, focusing on mortgages and financial markets. It's nothing to do with supply and demand,  but private bank lending, contrary to what most people instinctively believe. Bank of England explained all this a few years ago. 

IMO the UK economy is pretty much a rentier economy with City of London having huge influence over investment and politicians, almost like a parasite. We also rent back previously public services at highly inflated costs as shareholders pockets don't line themselves. 

I funnily enough don't agree with mass immigration either, but I really can't believe the whole hamas story. The same newspapers who told us Sadaam had WMD's? Give me a break:lol::lol:

To me the establishment hate Corbyn because he threatens to change the consensus that has held for decades, just like Trump, Le Pen Farage etc.. 

I couldn't care less about left or right but who is most anti establishment and will best serve us, gets my vote.