House Price Crash Forum

They've gone too far...again

HOLA441

Just looking around at what is going on in the economy, BrExit, the insane ( and I mean INSANE ) asking prices I see on rightmove, the FLS backed 1% mortgage rates, the 2% below inflation savings rates, the Help To Buy crime/LARGE public sector wage rises/inflation/EU money printing etc etc etc.

it seems to me, the government/bankers have now gone too far and have pushed the UK into the 2007 style danger zone.

I think it's time people accepted this and prepared for the worse...collapsing economy, continued theft of savings/wages through devaluation, another collapsed bank, curtailment of free speech, more mass immigration, potentially war ( any else ? )

I had hoped for the best and have planned for the worse...the best aint going to happen now, that is pretty clear to me.

Own a house, dont own a house, doesnt matter, collapse in one form or another is coming.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443
2 minutes ago, fru-gal said:

I reckon baked beans will be as valuable as gold once the crisis gets started :P.

U can use gold to buy baked beals.

Houses...not so much

In all seriousness, does anyone see this playing out in any way that's not bad for the British people ?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, fru-gal said:

I think you have to think like them. Firstly, you have to decide who is "them" (is it the Government, the bankers, both, someone else) and then you have to ask why they would be doing what they are doing and for what end? If the idea is to reduce everyone to penury, you have to ask who benefits and what is their ultimate goal. Only then can you decide how to proceed so that you protect yourself as much as possible. The truth is that there probably isn't any great conspiracy but that the people in power are just stupid and want to protect their own wealth so will implement policies that do this, ergo, invest as if you were a Tory politician.

I'm not saying they ( the government ) have done it deliberately or otherwise ( the bankers, now that's a different matter ) 

But they have done it, that's the point.

We are facing a massive cliff edge IMHO.

HOLA447
HOLA448
2 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

I think it's time people accepted this and prepared for the worse...collapsing economy, continued theft of savings/wages through devaluation, another collapsed bank, curtailment of free speech, more mass immigration, potentially war ( any else ? )

To be fair, all of this has been coming for 15 years or more and most on HpC have been preparing for at least that length of time.

HOLA449
1 hour ago, fru-gal said:

...... invest as if you were a Tory politician.

Just like Tony Blair does.:lol:

More generally, it seems to me that there is always a complicated 'ecology' of interacting conspiracies in play, some of which are driven by very clever and very powerful people. Some participants perhaps might be regarded as top predators, focused on total global control. So much is obfuscated and hidden from us.

'Conspire' is what humans do, given the opportunity and the expectation of gain.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
11 minutes ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

Did I ?

Malice or Stupidity, we're still in the same place, not a good place AFAICT

Apologies Count, no you didn't, I imposed my own flippant interpretation on "have done it deliberately or otherwise".

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Excellent appraisal, agree entirely.

thinking like ‘them’ hasn’t done me badly and usually one is able to work out what ‘they’ are going to do before they do it.

the assault on landlords being a prime example after ‘they’ saw where all the cash moved from once the banks gave up offering interest to those lucky to have savings.

a huge collapse is coming, don’t forget toilet rolls, hygiene arguably as important as gold in a crisis.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

The bang has been baked in since 2010, the crash didnt happen then, the Tories decided to try and stimulate the way out and all they did was kick the can down the road a bit further.

The more important question is what will the Government do straight after? Will they just let it happen and say they cant help, or mass bank bailout again? More props to stop housing falling?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
28 minutes ago, Monkey said:

The bang has been baked in since 2010, the crash didnt happen then, the Tories decided to try and stimulate the way out and all they did was kick the can down the road a bit further.

The more important question is what will the Government do straight after? Will they just let it happen and say they cant help, or mass bank bailout again? More props to stop housing falling?

Listening to the BBC news today for a change....

They are going for the wage rises.

They seem to forget the public sector has no money, they have to pay what the rest of us are willing and able to do.

They have no intention of letting prices drop, just rob people via the back door.

Give it 12 months and see where inflation is, if it's shooting up, leave, if it's not, leave anyway.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

I'd be more alarmed if employment was tanking - but it aint. I know a lot of the jobs created are low-paid and stripped of rights/benefits, but they allow most people to get by and service their debts. And there's no sniff of a recession. Now the Tories are stealing Labour thunder with NHS pay rises it worries me they're getting crafty again. I think all the preparatory hype about having to build more houses is simply the recognition that they have to make it possible for people to keep buying. The new estates across Oxon are priced carefully to complement Govt schemes. They could pump money into that up to and beyond the next election, keep people buying in the 300-450K range. Anything over 700K is having to reduce around me. I also wonder, sometimes, how it would have turned out with a Brexit no vote, with Cameron in no.10 (!!) and the pound steaming...we might have seen a sudden correction quicker with that. But now there's a good chance we'll get a massive Brexit bounce in a couple of years, if we become more of a gateway for the US and the East? So I think the collapse is can-kicked comfortably for another 5-10 years...

HOLA4423

Don't worry. Teresa announced some targets and reviews or something the other week so everything is probably fixed now. Phew. Panic over. The Bank of England is printing money like a Zimbabwean president, the tax payer is funding the house builders, help to buy, housing benefit for Buy-to-let landlords, banking bailouts. Everything seems fixed and sustainable going forward.

The future of affordable housing is assured as we progress towards a futuristic utopia of flying cars and sky cities where people spend leisurely days making art and discussing philosophy, freed by technological progress and scientific wonder.

mountainman.jpg

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
15 minutes ago, thehowler said:

I'd be more alarmed if employment was tanking - but it aint. I know a lot of the jobs created are low-paid and stripped of rights/benefits, but they allow most people to get by and service their debts. And there's no sniff of a recession. Now the Tories are stealing Labour thunder with NHS pay rises it worries me they're getting crafty again. I think all the preparatory hype about having to build more houses is simply the recognition that they have to make it possible for people to keep buying. The new estates across Oxon are priced carefully to complement Govt schemes. They could pump money into that up to and beyond the next election, keep people buying in the 300-450K range. Anything over 700K is having to reduce around me. I also wonder, sometimes, how it would have turned out with a Brexit no vote, with Cameron in no.10 (!!) and the pound steaming...we might have seen a sudden correction quicker with that. But now there's a good chance we'll get a massive Brexit bounce in a couple of years, if we become more of a gateway for the US and the East? So I think the collapse is can-kicked comfortably for another 5-10 years...

Sure it can.

tell that to the mugs in London now sat on -20% N.E.