House Price Crash Forum

Corbyn Taps In to What's Eating Society...

HOLA441
6 minutes ago, Dorkins said:

Does this help? Imagine those strong, manly hands firmly grasping a root vegetable as he gets all hot and sweaty working on his allotment.

Jeremy-Corbyn-02-GQ-29Nov17_b.jpg

What a spectacular own goal

The wish is father of the thought as they say

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Corbyn certainly isn't from the establishment mould which is why the 'New Labour' wing of the party abetted openly by the mainstream media did everything they could to kill his leadership off as quickly as possible.

Now that he's endured and looks to be gaining popularity amongst the general population, particularly the youth, they are doing their best to draw him into the fold.

Will they succeed - it will be interesting to see where it goes.  I think a lot of his polices are loony but he does have some good ones and anyone who isn't taking their orders from an establishment elite earns brownie points with me.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, Sour Mash said:

Corbyn certainly isn't from the establishment mould which is why the 'New Labour' wing of the party abetted openly by the mainstream media did everything they could to kill his leadership off as quickly as possible.

Now that he's endured and looks to be gaining popularity amongst the general population, particularly the youth, they are doing their best to draw him into the fold.

Will they succeed - it will be interesting to see where it goes.  I think a lot of his polices are loony but he does have some good ones and anyone who isn't taking their orders from an establishment elite earns brownie points with me.

It's quite amazing how our politicians hate democracy, even their own limited introduction of it into the choice of Labour leader. It's also a demonstration how a relatively democratic result in the leadership elections trumps the opinion of, in this case, Labour MPs.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

What eats me is the hypocrisy of the guy. He pretends to be one of the people, but he is one of the 1%, privately educated and indulges  in nepotism handing out 50k per annum non jobs. He is looking forward to his own  index linked  7 figure pension package guaranteed to parasites but would plays fast and loose with the meagre savings of the rest of the population .

He is a wealth extracting parasite. 

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
12 minutes ago, Maynardgravy said:

It's my opinion. I'm not on the habit of adding IMO at the end of each post.

I randomly do it but still unconvinced,he seems a version of May quite happy to take the money for nigh on 40 years and suddenly hey presto in the driving seat - I am not convinced there is much between them IMHO ;)

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

He is a wealth extracting parasite. 

When the parasites were found to be fiddling their expenses Corbyn's name was remarkably absent from the list and in fact he wasn't even claiming what he was legitimately entitled to. I don't care for private education but I don't see a reason to blame the actual people who had it. Presumably aged five or so he wasn't able to put up much opposition. Honestly he is the cleanest dirty shirt in Westminster and if you consider him unfit for office then you consider none of them fit for office. Which may be your opinion, it more or less is mine although I have no answer to "what shall we have instead then".

HOLA4418
4 minutes ago, GregBowman said:

I randomly do it but still unconvinced,he seems a version of May quite happy to take the money for nigh on 40 years and suddenly hey presto in the driving seat - I am not convinced there is much between them IMHO ;)

He's definitely a career politician extracting as much from the Exchequer fir his personal gain as he can get. He may make soundings of helping the young and be a SJW for women. Meanwhile, he plans to hog the top job as an old man well into his retirement.

HOLA4419
Just now, Funn3r said:

When the parasites were found to be fiddling their expenses Corbyn's name was remarkably absent from the list and in fact he wasn't even claiming what he was legitimately entitled to. I don't care for private education but I don't see a reason to blame the actual people who had it. Presumably aged five or so he wasn't able to put up much opposition. Honestly he is the cleanest dirty shirt in Westminster and if you consider him unfit for office then you consider none of them fit for office. Which may be your opinion, it more or less is mine although I have no answer to "what shall we have instead then".

The Tories don't even pretend, I have no regard for them, add in the Corbyn hypocrisy and it makes him worse.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
2 minutes ago, thewig said:

@crashmonitor

I've done zero research on the guy but inherently like him for the way it seems he's ruffling feathers.

I also like that snippet about the MP expenses and the voting if true, you seem to know a bit about the guy - whats his story?

1. Jeremy Corbyn
    1. Invited two IRA members to parliament two weeks after the Brighton bombing.
    2. Attended Bloody Sunday commemoration with bomber Brendan McKenna.
    3. Attended meeting with Provisional IRA member Raymond McCartney.
    4. Hosted IRA linked Mitchell McLaughlin in parliament.
    5. Spoke alongside IRA terrorist Martina Anderson.
    6. Attended Sinn Fein dinner with IRA bomber Gerry Kelly.
    7. Chaired Irish republican event with IRA bomber Brendan MacFarlane.
    8. Attended Bobby Sands commemoration honouring IRA terrorists.
    9. Stood in minute’s silence for IRA gunmen shot dead by the SAS.
    10. Refused to condemn the IRA in Sky News interview.
    11. Refused to condemn the IRA on Question Time.
    12. Refused to condemn IRA violence in BBC radio interview.
    13. Signed EDM after IRA Poppy massacre massacre blaming Britain for the deaths.
    14. Arrested while protesting in support of Brighton bomber’s co-defendants.
    15. Lobbied government to improve visiting conditions for IRA killers.
    16. Attended Irish republican event calling for armed conflict against Britain.
    17. Hired suspected IRA man Ronan Bennett as a parliamentary assistant.
    18. Hired another aide closely linked to several convicted IRA terrorists.
    19. Heavily involved with IRA sympathising newspaper London Labour Briefing.
    20. Put up £20,000 bail money for IRA terror suspect Roisin McAliskey.
    21. Didn’t support IRA ceasefire.
    22. Said Hamas and Hezbollah are his “friends“.
    23. Called for Hamas to be removed from terror banned list.
    24. Called Hamas “serious and hard-working“.
    25. Attended wreath-laying at grave of Munich massacre terrorist.
    26. Attended conference with Hamas and PFLP.
    27. Photographed smiling with Hezbollah flag.
    28. Attended rally with Hezbollah and Al-Muhajiroun.
    29. Repeatedly shared platforms with PFLP plane hijacker.
    30. Hired aide who praised Hamas’ “spirit of resistance“.
    31. Accepted £20,000 for state TV channel of terror-sponsoring Iranian regime.
    32. Opposed banning Britons from travelling to Syria to fight for ISIS.
    33. Defended rights of fighters returning from Syria.
    34. Said ISIS supporters should not be prosecuted.
    35. Compared fighters returning from Syria to Nelson Mandela.
    36. Said the death of Osama Bin Laden was a “tragedy“.
    37. Wouldn’t sanction drone strike to kill ISIS leader.
    38. Voted to allow ISIS fighters to return from Syria.
    39. Opposed shoot to kill.
    40. Attended event organised by terrorist sympathising IHRC.
    41. Signed letter defending Lockerbie bombing suspects.
    42. Wrote letter in support of conman accused of fundraising for ISIS.
    43. Spoke of “friendship” with Mo Kozbar, who called for destruction of Israel.
    44. Attended event with Abdullah Djaballah, who called for holy war against UK.
    45. Called drone strikes against terrorists “obscene”.
    46. Boasted about “opposing anti-terror legislation”.
    47. Said laws banning jihadis from returning to Britain are “strange”.

Accepted £5,000 donation from terror supporter T

HOLA4422
3 minutes ago, thewig said:

@crashmonitor

I've done zero research on the guy but inherently like him for the way it seems he's ruffling feathers.

I also like that snippet about the MP expenses and the voting if true, you seem to know a bit about the guy - whats his story?

I just have problems with rich guys knocking the Establishment and wealth extractors when he is the Establishment but doesn't realise it. 

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
13 hours ago, Agentimmo said:

I detest this Tory bunch of charlatans so much that I'd give him the vote. Couldn't do any worse than the incumbents.  And he might even muck up so bad that house prices will crash by 90% ??

My kids would love that.  Get him in.

You've probably hit the zeitgeist there. Even if you are naturally uncomfortable with labour and think he is an incompetent, virtue-signalling buffoon, and are convinced he will cause economic chaos, that alone will hit the reset button on the current mess we have.

The Tories are in a huge bind now. I include NuLabor as part of that since they operated the same neo-liberal policy formula. The Tories rely on home ownership and wealth accumulation yet all their policies are eroding their natural voter base. It's not just the young screwed. There are significant, and growing, numbers of folk entering and leaving middle age without home ownership, pensions, significant assets, traditionally the demographic that swings to Tory ranks in increasing numbers to form their core voter base. Take away a large chunk of that demographic and the Tories can no longer secure a victory. Any real policy measures to address that will affect their remaining core. Who are dying off in rapid numbers due to the same demographic bubble that made house price inflation a vote wining formula. There's no way out for them. When Osborne smirked that 'everyone loves a property boom' as he introduced HTB and REITS policies, he was right in the short term but at the expense of destroying the parties long term electability.

At this stage, they would probably need to swing towards tradtional Conservate policy of savings, investment and home ownership. House prices at current levels preclude that, as does zero interest rate policies of the BoE (capitalism, savings and the function of government bonds all but destroyed), the gig economy and insecure emlpoyment, mistrust of private pension companies and corporations rading pension salary schemes with regularity. It's a perfect storm against traditonal Conservative philosophy, so that won't work. The alternative is full on libertarian laissez-faire but, from this starting debt position, they would never get through one term with the system 'cleansing' that would require. Unintentional 'Corbyn' cleansing would be the alternative to that. But maybe Corbyn can pull of his own policies, who knows? That's the current win-win scenario for labour at the moment amongst floaters and increasing numbers of disenfranchised Tory voters.

Either way, Tories are toast here on. They could have hit reset after 2012 and blamed everything (rightly so ) on Brown. Instead, they chose to go on an even bigger debt splurge and double down on house price inflation policy. They've snookered themselves

HOLA4425

Very well said frankvw.  Or put another way....!

People probably voted Brexit as a (legitimate) protest so of course they'll probably vote for Corbyn too! 

Hello, it's bl**dy obvious - people are soooooooo pi********ed off and it's getting worse.

The Conservatives had a chance to break out but they were too far into decay to do it.

Instead they dance the last dance on board their sinking HMS Moribund. 

Choose any colour, they're all professionally, intellectually, and morally cr*p!

No point picking the best looking tu*d!

Edited by Fence