House Price Crash Forum

Are the EU immigrants going home ?

TheCountOfNowhere

Are the EU immigrants going home ?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Are the EU immigrants going home ?

• Yes
    • No

HOLA441

Europe's New Lie: Comparing Asylum Shelters to Nazi Concentration Camps

What is the best way to shut down the debate on immigration? By heightening the language to levels impossible to be debated. That is what has been happening in the new -- and false -- trend of comparing the waves of migrants arriving in Europe to Jews during the Holocaust.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-04/europes-new-lie-comparing-asylum-shelters-nazi-concentration-camps

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442

The Islamic Future Of Europe

• European leaders accepted the transformation of parts of their countries into enemy territories. They see that a demographic disaster is taking place. They know that in two or three decades, Europe will be ruled by Islam.
  • Ten years ago, describing what he called "the last days of Europe," the historian Walter Laqueur said that European civilization was dying and that only old monuments and museums would survive. His diagnosis was too optimistic. Old monuments and museums might well be blown up. Look nowhere else than what the black-hooded supporters of "Antifa" -- an "anti-fascist" movement whose actions are totally fascistic -- are doing to statues in the United States.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-05/islamic-future-europe

HOLA443

This alone should make us all glad that we are leaving. And the quicker the better!

European Court Orders EU Countries To Take Migrants

The September 6 ruling, which has been hailed as a victory for European federalism, highlights the degree to which the European Union has usurped decision-making powers from its 28 member states. The ruling also showcases how the EU's organs of jurisprudence have become politicized.

The European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that the European Commission, the powerful executive arm of the European Union, has the legal right to order EU member states to take in so-called asylum seekers, and, conversely, that EU member states have no legal right to resist those orders.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-07/european-court-orders-eu-countries-take-migrants

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
On 8/24/2017 at 10:41 AM, TheCountOfNowhere said:

http://news.sky.com/story/net-migration-down-81000-to-246000-in-year-to-march-2017-11002821

"Some 33,000 EU citizens left the UK in the year to March 2017, driving net migration down to its lowest level in three years."

The clever ones are getting out, leaving the desperate behind.

Why benefit is this to the UK ?

Simple solution, don't give them tax credits - the clever ones will stay (housing will become cheaper) the rest will go.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
On 10/6/2017 at 8:48 AM, iamnumerate said:

I am really worried that all reduction in immigration will come from people who want to work - not those who want to get benefits.

The ones that educated themselves and on good positions will stay, they one that are here for quick back & get rich will leave.

• 4 weeks later...
HOLA4411

it will also depend on how they set up the system next year.  We are waiting for a system of registration to be set up in 2018 ..

If we have to pay the same fees as non EU residents.. (per person,  £1,464 for the first residence, then £2,297 for indefinite leave to remain, then another  £1236 for naturalisation (although granted this one is optional...). 

.. then some may just change their minds about staying here. Under the EU system it was just £65 for each of the first 2 steps.

presumably those who already have 5 years here will be able to skip the first fee (but not the second). 

In theory they could even increase the fees further next year for everyone.

HOLA4412
On 10/18/2017 at 2:48 PM, JeffNev said:

I see unemployment has fallen once again, I really do struggle to understand the hostility towards EU migration from a country which has flourished from it.

I have seen EU immigrants get off a plane and get given a flat in Islington, does that help you understand?  I don't have any problems with those who don't come here to get housing, but comparing the UK in 97 to now I am not sure we are flourishing. 

HOLA4413
On 03/11/2017 at 1:23 PM, iamnumerate said:

I have seen EU immigrants get off a plane and get given a flat in Islington, does that help you understand?  I don't have any problems with those who don't come here to get housing, but comparing the UK in 97 to now I am not sure we are flourishing. 

You must have been on the runway as they walked down the steps to be greeted by an Islington housing officer who handed the keys to them

or you could be talking nonsense :rolleyes:

HOLA4414
On 18/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, JeffNev said:

I see unemployment has fallen once again, I really do struggle to understand the hostility towards EU migration from a country which has flourished from it.

Schrodingers immigrants. Stealing British jobs and living off benefits all while we have record high employment. 

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
11 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

You must have been on the runway as they walked down the steps to be greeted by an Islington housing officer who handed the keys to them

or you could be talking nonsense :rolleyes:

I didn't literally see it, but I know someone who got housing within days of arriving here, despite (due to her not speaking English* and having a young child) having almost chance of getting work in the near future.  Have you never known people who have got housing very very quickly after arriving here?

*I speak Spanish that is how I know her and I was thinking of her when I voted leave.  If I had never met her, I might have voted remain or if politicians had done something to listen to the concerns of people like me.

Edited by iamnumerate

HOLA4417
On 18/10/2017 at 2:48 PM, JeffNev said:

How has this country flourished from it, particularly when the biggest improvement it could have would be to have fewer people in it? Far more so than any questionable economic benefits.

HOLA4418
15 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

How has this country flourished from it, particularly when the biggest improvement it could have would be to have fewer people in it? Far more so than any questionable economic benefits.

I don't think we are better off than 20 years ago.  Now that is NOT the fault of immigrants, but we have not flourished during the period of mass immigration (not I repeat their fault).

Someone on this forum wrote once "in 1994 my sister left uni with little debt, got a job paying £15k and bought a flat that cost £75k.  Now the same flat is £400k, the job £25k and the debt a lot more" and people think we have flourished from the 20+ years?

I know we have better electronics but even starving people in Venezuela have better electronics than 20 years ago.

HOLA4419
2 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

I didn't literally see it, but I know someone who got housing within days of arriving here, despite (due to her not speaking English* and having a young child) having almost chance of getting work in the near future.  Have you never known people who have got housing very very quickly after arriving here?

*I speak Spanish that is how I know her and I was thinking of her when I voted leave.  If I had never met her, I might have voted remain or if politicians had done something to listen to the concerns of people like me.

Funnily enough, no, I have never known anyone who got housing very quickly after arriving here.

Other than a "I voted brexit coz they come over here and take our social housing" anecdote, I would appreciate some hard facts: i.e. why has someone newly arrived in the country jumped all housing queues  in one of the most oversubscribed for housing boroughs in the country

Sorry but my spidey-senses are a-tingling at this tale cum meme

HOLA4420
2 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

Funnily enough, no, I have never known anyone who got housing very quickly after arriving here.

Other than a "I voted brexit coz they come over here and take our social housing" anecdote, I would appreciate some hard facts: i.e. why has someone newly arrived in the country jumped all housing queues  in one of the most oversubscribed for housing boroughs in the country

Sorry but my spidey-senses are a-tingling at this tale cum meme

I guessed they jumped the queue because they were a single mum.  I doubt the reverse would have happened in Spain.  I am sorry that I can't give you her name, but she is family so it would not be popular. 

I did not believe people saying things like that either - until I saw it. I guess councils are too incompetent and or don't want to know to collect the data to disprove/prove things like this.  I do remember an advert in Spanish in a Spanish language newspaper Cronica Latina* in 2000 asking people who were thinking of returning to South America to contact a firm to benefit from RTB - so immigrants certainly can get council housing in London.

*A newspaper that no longer exists, the only proof I can find that it did is here, http://www.vivalaradio.co.uk/leo-pareja-entrevistado-por-express-news/

A telegraph article also showing that this is a problem

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11297456/One-in-10-council-houses-let-to-a-foreigner-last-year.html

HOLA4421
7 hours ago, iamnumerate said:

I guessed they jumped the queue because they were a single mum.  I doubt the reverse would have happened in Spain.  I am sorry that I can't give you her name, but she is family so it would not be popular. 

I did not believe people saying things like that either - until I saw it. I guess councils are too incompetent and or don't want to know to collect the data to disprove/prove things like this.  I do remember an advert in Spanish in a Spanish language newspaper Cronica Latina* in 2000 asking people who were thinking of returning to South America to contact a firm to benefit from RTB - so immigrants certainly can get council housing in London.

*A newspaper that no longer exists, the only proof I can find that it did is here, http://www.vivalaradio.co.uk/leo-pareja-entrevistado-por-express-news/

A telegraph article also showing that this is a problem

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/immigration/11297456/One-in-10-council-houses-let-to-a-foreigner-last-year.html

Ah, I see. So you voted brexit because...

...of the way the UK implements UK made rules - makes perfect sense to blame the EU :rolleyes:

HOLA4422
9 hours ago, knock out johnny said:

Ah, I see. So you voted brexit because...

...of the way the UK implements UK made rules - makes perfect sense to blame the EU :rolleyes:

I didn't actually say that I blame the EU for freedom of movement and our benefit system meaning that I have to pay for Europeans to come here.  It is our politicians fault but in that case the options were to vote Brexit or the status quo - there are NO politicians who want to change the system.

(I would prefer freedom of movement and reforms to our benefit system if that were an option, but it isn't).

I also voted Brexit because of

CFP, CAP, remembering all the warning about leaving the ERM and not joining the Euro were very similar to remain this time - and wrong last time and finally being told by Michael Heseltine that we were going to join the Euro in 10 years.

I might have voted remain, if CFP was the same as in 60s, our benefit system changed*  and a guarantee that we will not join the Euro.  Not a lot to ask I think.

*not the EU's fault but generous benefits and open borders doesn't really work and housing in Islington is very generous

Edited by iamnumerate
Clarity