House Price Crash Forum

Fort Lauderdale Airport terrorist attack

The Masked Tulip

HOLA441
11 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Video of people trying to help the shot - DO NOT WATCH if you do not wiish to see footage of blood and injured people.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=36a_1483729043

I do find these things fascinating to watch and i also like getting my phone out to video things etc.

But people lying on the ground bleeding to death ? I don't think I would do that. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Apparently Florida is one of the most liberal gun states in the US - their guns laws are worded in such a way that it is illegal not to allow someone to have a gun as long as they pass a few basic criteria. I am not sure where mental health falls in this area but apparently being a veteran is one criteria which allows automatic gun ownership in Florida.

So he knew enough to pick the right state to fly to where he would be allowed to take his gun to.

HOLA445
HOLA446

If I were Queen, guns would be banned in Britain. All versions. Even toys: water pistols, video games that involve guns, paintball, everything. 

It's extremely detrimental to both the individual and society to get off from shooting things.

Gun sports would be replaced with bows and arrows. The police could carry tasers but that's it. The military would have to amuse themselves with other things.

There'd be a gun amnesty with the full street value paid to anyone who handed one in. 

It'd need a citizen's income to be fully effective though I think. People need an alternative to keep them away from crime.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
2 hours ago, EnglishinWales said:

If I were Queen, guns would be banned in Britain. All versions. Even toys: water pistols, video games that involve guns, paintball, everything. 

It's extremely detrimental to both the individual and society to get off from shooting things.

Gun sports would be replaced with bows and arrows. The police could carry tasers but that's it. The military would have to amuse themselves with other things.

There'd be a gun amnesty with the full street value paid to anyone who handed one in. 

It'd need a citizen's income to be fully effective though I think. People need an alternative to keep them away from crime.

can I have some of that homebrew, please?

HOLA4410

From the Wail:

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — The Iraq war veteran accused of killing five travelers and wounding six others at a busy international airport in Florida appears to have traveled there specifically to carry out the attack, authorities said Saturday, but they don't know yet why he chose his target and have not yet ruled out terrorism.

"Indications are that he came here to carry out this horrific attack," Piro said. "We have not identified any triggers that would have caused this attack. We're pursuing all angles on what prompted him to carry out this horrific attack."

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
15 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

So he knew enough to pick the right state to fly to where he would be allowed to take his gun to.

So, er, hypothetically, if you were going to commit mass murder would you be overly concerned about local gun/carry laws; I mean I understand that it's a felony to carry a loaded gun in some states but I'm fairly confident that shooting people in the head is against the law in all US states.

HOLA4415
32 minutes ago, Goat said:

So, er, hypothetically, if you were going to commit mass murder would you be overly concerned about local gun/carry laws; I mean I understand that it's a felony to carry a loaded gun in some states but I'm fairly confident that shooting people in the head is against the law in all US states.

My point was that getting on a passenger aircraft in the US going to a state with 'free gun carry' means that the airline is not going to stop you carrying the firearm on board. Whereas, if you go to a state that stops people from outside the state bringing guns into the state, of which there are many, then the airline is duty bound to stop you.

If he had tried to get on a flight going to a US state that bans people from outside the state carrying weapons then, at some point in his departure, he would have been stopped from carrying his firearm aboard the aircraft.

I was only watching a video last week about hiking long distances, across several states, in the US and the video was focusing on the legal rammifications of taking a personal firearm for protection as you move from state to state. These are things that we do not think about here in the UK but are an everyday thought in the US for people who have their own firearms.

HOLA4416

As others have stated seems a very low casualty count considering the ammo he had and his training in war situations.

Shitting fish in a barrel springs to mind. 

I wonder if he didn't have such a clear intention of killing as many people as it first appears. However mental that may sound. 

I'm assuming he had 90 rounds or so.

HOLA4417
1 hour ago, ccc said:

As others have stated seems a very low casualty count considering the ammo he had and his training in war situations.

Shitting fish in a barrel springs to mind. 

I wonder if he didn't have such a clear intention of killing as many people as it first appears. However mental that may sound. 

I'm assuming he had 90 rounds or so.

Fired 15 rounds and hit 13 people killing 5 and wounding 8 all head or face shots. (some critically wounded were hit in the face) 

RT:

Investigators believe Santiago-Ruiz actions were premeditated as the the 9mm Walter PPS handgun and two ammunition magazines, were the only contents of his luggage.

“Santiago fired approximately 10 to 15 rounds of ammunition from his firearm, aiming at his victims' heads. He was described as walking while shooting in a methodical manner,” the Sun Sentinel newspaper quoted FBI Agent Michael Ferlazzo’s court statement.

Its understood that after claiming his ‘luggage’, the suspect reportedly went to a restroom, unpacked and loaded his gun.

“He then left the men’s restroom and shot the first people he encountered,”agents wrote. “Santiago emptied his first magazine, then reloaded and shot until the second magazine, too, was out of bullets. He believes he shot approximately 15 rounds before his arrest,” the Sun Sentinel quoted the officials.

Afterwards the suspect dropped the gun and waited to be arrested. The suspect reportedly told investigators that he planned the attack and purchased a one-way ticket to Florida to carry it out. It still remains unclear why the gunman chose Fort Lauderdale as his target.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
23 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Apparently Florida is one of the most liberal gun states in the US - their guns laws are worded in such a way that it is illegal not to allow someone to have a gun as long as they pass a few basic criteria. I am not sure where mental health falls in this area but apparently being a veteran is one criteria which allows automatic gun ownership in Florida.

Also the right state to get the death penalty if he didn't top himself after his lil' rampage.

HOLA4420
4 hours ago, workingpoor said:

Fired 15 rounds and hit 13 people killing 5 and wounding 8 all head or face shots. (some critically wounded were hit in the face) 

RT:

Investigators believe Santiago-Ruiz actions were premeditated as the the 9mm Walter PPS handgun and two ammunition magazines, were the only contents of his luggage.

“Santiago fired approximately 10 to 15 rounds of ammunition from his firearm, aiming at his victims' heads. He was described as walking while shooting in a methodical manner,” the Sun Sentinel newspaper quoted FBI Agent Michael Ferlazzo’s court statement.

Its understood that after claiming his ‘luggage’, the suspect reportedly went to a restroom, unpacked and loaded his gun.

“He then left the men’s restroom and shot the first people he encountered,”agents wrote. “Santiago emptied his first magazine, then reloaded and shot until the second magazine, too, was out of bullets. He believes he shot approximately 15 rounds before his arrest,” the Sun Sentinel quoted the officials.

Afterwards the suspect dropped the gun and waited to be arrested. The suspect reportedly told investigators that he planned the attack and purchased a one-way ticket to Florida to carry it out. It still remains unclear why the gunman chose Fort Lauderdale as his target.

It still seems a bit strange if he was wanting to cause multiple casualties.

With his training and a weapon easily available to him he could have killed x10 as many easily. 

HOLA4421
7 minutes ago, ccc said:

It still seems a bit strange if he was wanting to cause multiple casualties.

With his training and a weapon easily available to him he could have killed x10 as many easily. 

It is strange because he was nuts because of his war experience. He even went into a police station to tell them that he was nuts.

This is a failure of the US system for supporting their ex-military; this guy should have been receiving treatment.  He wasn't so people died and he may well die too.

This was pretty much preventable.

HOLA4422

But what do you do ?

Arrest and lock up every war veteran who appears nuts just in case ?

How many have done similar to this bloke and not gone out and shot random people in the face ?

I would guess a lot.

No easy answer. 

HOLA4423

http://gotnews.com/breaking-fortlauderdale-terrorist-estebansantiago-joined-myspace-aashiq-hammad-recorded-islamic-music/

Fort Lauderdale Airport terrorist Esteban Santiago registered on MySpace under the name “Aashiq Hammad” and recorded Islamic religious music on the site, 3 years before he ever deployed to Iraq as a U.S. soldier, destroying the lying mainstream media’s narrative that he was just a mentally disturbed veteran and that “Islam had nothing to do with it.”

HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, ccc said:

But what do you do ?

Arrest and lock up every war veteran who appears nuts just in case ?

How many have done similar to this bloke and not gone out and shot random people in the face ?

I would guess a lot.

No easy answer. 

Ban them from having a gun. Lock them up if they are a danger to other people.
Those are the actions of a sane society.

HOLA4425

I can't believe there is any debate about motive.

The MSM have no choice but to present an alternative narrative. The first casualty of war is truth, and in this case the truth - that the war in the Middle East has found its way back to the US has to be surpressed by any means possible.

Archived