Oliver Sutton

HOLA441
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
1 minute ago, cica said:

The general consensus on my Facebook is that Trump is a warmonger...

I'm sure Clinton is the bigger risk here.

That is what the MSM has been saying, along with all the other claims. People need to get their news elsewhere.  Same as Brexit, brexiteers were warmongers, xenophobes and Isolationists...none of which is true, but was what was reported by the MSM.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
11 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

Clinton got 0.4% less of the popular vote and republicans have all the power. That is screwed up. Voting reform should be the first change.

They're moving on to 'unfair' now. Which bit of the grieving process is that?

Denial

HOLA449
32 minutes ago, paulokes said:

Trump is a tw@t but I can't be bothered with this collective outpouring of grief today :(

Agreed. It's been entertaining, but I'm past worrying about things I have no agency over.

28 minutes ago, SarahBell said:

Sad day when a liar and narcissist who doesn't respect over half of people is elected president.

(Am itching to say, Oh did Hillary win then?)

Frankly, it's a description that could apply to either of them.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
47 minutes ago, cica said:

The general consensus on my Facebook is that Trump is a warmonger...

I'm sure Clinton is the bigger risk here.

Not sure I associate Trump with spending mindboggling amounts dropping bombs. I could be very wrong.

Trump hardly fills me with confidence on that. The media concentration on him (since I couldn't be bothered to look in any more detail than what I casually overheard) leaves me fairly clueless on Clinton's position though. This all does however feel like celebrations for sticking one up to the rotten establishment (fair enough) by going for absolutely anything else, which isn't necessarily a cause for celebration.

HOLA4417

Jeez, although I love the Internet it does seem to have the effect of making people think they are a bigger deal than they actually are. Why do people want to push their own views on to other people so much these days. Before people would have to drag their asses to Speakers Corner or something, now they just fire off a tweet between lattes.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
9 minutes ago, Riedquat said:

Trump hardly fills me with confidence on that. The media concentration on him (since I couldn't be bothered to look in any more detail than what I casually overheard) leaves me fairly clueless on Clinton's position though. This all does however feel like celebrations for sticking one up to the rotten establishment (fair enough) by going for absolutely anything else, which isn't necessarily a cause for celebration.

I'd say yes and know. 

We have got ourselves in to a situation where the political powers don't truly represent the people and it's propped up by mass media. Anything that chips away at the is a good thing, regardless of the fall out. I think it's actually too far gone in the US.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

The selection waiting ting for me on Facebook this morning:

"The last days of the Roman empire... Sorry American empire..."

"to simultaneously believe passionately in and despair utterly of democracy"

"Do not despair. Kick the darkness until it bleeds light, by continual acts of kindness & compassion and working for social justice. We can't leave it to the politicians and establishments."

Archived