House Price Crash Forum

Coup In Turkey

UncleMeat

HOLA441

Erdogan now has the excuse to do whatever he likes. Since Attaturk Turkey had been moving slowly towards being a civilised democratic country. Under Erdogan the process has been reversed. Soon they will be just another primitive blood stained mohamedan tyranny no better than their Arab neighbours. This is a huge tragedy for 60 million people.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/turkey-coup-latest-news-istanbul-ankara-erdogan-twitter-beheading-social-media-a7140541.html

Turkey coup: Soldier 'beheaded by government supporters', pictures shared on Twitter suggest

The soldiers, who had blocked the bridge over the Bosphorus throughout the coup, surrendered earlier on Saturday

HOLA444

I misjudged the situation.

The Turks apparently do, democratically, support the proto-dictator.

The military do not have an unblemished human rights record, so perhaps they have little choice.

The police, who have their own reputation for brutality, supported Erdogan.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Erdogan now has the excuse to do whatever he likes. Since Attaturk Turkey had been moving slowly towards being a civilised democratic country. Under Erdogan the process has been reversed. Soon they will be just another primitive blood stained mohamedan tyranny no better than their Arab neighbours. This is a huge tragedy for 60 million people.

Not really - it seems very few of those 60m people actually want democracy and would rather live under Islamist / dictatorial ideals.

HOLA449

Not really - it seems very few of those 60m people actually want democracy and would rather live under Islamist / dictatorial ideals.

This is what my neighbour - the ex-Iraqi general who says he knew Saddam and is now working for our police - says.

He says that the West do not understand Arabs and that the mindset is one of wanting a strong man in charge.

This chap in Turkey is now going to have a night of the long knives isn't he.

We live in shocking times.

HOLA4410

The beheaded soldier is probably the one who killed the guy on the moped. Or the officer in charge.

There are photos online of those soldiers huddled in a group having the cr*p kicked out of them. They look terrified - probably just having seen their mate beheaded. Perhaps their commanding officer beheaded.

Never surrender. Once you do the enemy can do whatever they want with you and MOST people on the planet do not follow the polite rules that the West does.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

This is what my neighbour - the ex-Iraqi general who says he knew Saddam and is now working for our police - says.

He says that the West do not understand Arabs and that the mindset is one of wanting a strong man in charge.

This chap in Turkey is now going to have a night of the long knives isn't he.

We live in shocking times.

have you confused Turkey with Arabs>?

HOLA4413

I once went to dinner with a senior Istanbul policeman shortly before the last military coup. He was tired because he had 'been interrogating people all day'. :unsure:

Sounds like the opening chapter of the Mask of Dimitrios where the lead character meets Colonel Haki head of the Turkish secret police who extracts confessions by torture in the day and enjoys reading English country house detective novels in his spare time.

HOLA4414

Sounds like the opening chapter of the Mask of Dimitrios where the lead character meets Colonel Haki head of the Turkish secret police who extracts confessions by torture in the day and enjoys reading English country house detective novels in his spare time.

More mundane, I'm afraid. Student travelling in Turkey. One of my travel companions got ripped off in an illegal street currency exchange, a Turk guy who befriended us* put us in contact with the 'chief of police' (I suspect he was only middle ranking really). The chief of police wanted to take my female companions for dinner** and I got dragged along as a chaperone/ gooseberry/cockblocker. All rather uncomfortable.

* because he wanted to get into my female companion's panties.

** because he wanted to get into my female companion's panties.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Never surrender. Once you do the enemy can do whatever they want with you and MOST people on the planet do not follow the polite rules that the West does.

Here is dramatic footage of one of the Erdogan loyalists saving one of the coup followers from getting tortured or mutilated to death out of hand by the baying mob:

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Funny that no-one here has suggested that the CIA may have played a hand in the coup.

Erdogan started making overtures to Putin and Turkey is in NATO.

Coups are a CIA speciality. ****-ups are also a CIA speciality.

Everyone was waiting for The Eagle to mention it.

Strangely unlike most of his conspiracies this one might have legs

Every time there has been a coup or multi coloured people's revolution in my lifetime the CIAs dabs have been all over it. Moreover, there are reasons to think the Yanks and the Germans for their own reasons might want Erdogan gone.

If it is true my advice to the Turkish President is dont go hill walking, dont fly anywhere and whatever you do dont start smoking cigars.

HOLA4421

Moreover, there are reasons to think the Yanks and the Germans for their own reasons might want Erdogan gone.

If it is true my advice to the Turkish President is dont go hill walking, dont fly anywhere and whatever you do dont start smoking cigars.

But as a consequence of events, erdogan is more entrenched than ever.

Please explain

HOLA4422

Funny that no-one here has suggested that the CIA may have played a hand in the coup.

Erdogan started making overtures to Putin and Turkey is in NATO.

Coups are a CIA speciality. ****-ups are also a CIA speciality.

US warns Turkey against 'insinuations' of involvement

The US has warned Turkey against "public insinuations" of American involvement in a failed military coup, saying such claims are "utterly false and harmful" to their relations. US Secretary of State John Kerry was speaking after Turkey's labour minister suggested the US was behind the coup.

HOLA4423

Speaking in public in Istanbul on Saturday, Erdoğan called on Barack Obama to arrest Gülen and deport him to Turkey. Turkey had never turned back any extradition request for “terrorists” by its US ally, Erdoğan said, adding: “I say if we are strategic partners then you should bring about our request.”

No official extradition request had been made, according to the US secretary of state, John Kerry, who spoke to reporters in Luxembourg. “We fully anticipate that there will be questions raised about Mr Gülen,” he said. “And obviously we would invite the government of Turkey, as we always do, to present us with any legitimate evidence that withstands scrutiny. And the United States will accept that and look at it and make judgments about it appropriately.” Guardian

HOLA4424

But as a consequence of events, erdogan is more entrenched than ever.

Please explain

Well that is the alternative conspiracy theory I have seen expounded on the ARRSE forum.

A military coups go this was too crap for words failing to take control of any of the normal key targets. You would have expected the likes of the CIA to organise such things better. As a consequence some have suspected it was an 'agent provocateur' inspired coup organised by Erdogan and deliberately designed to fail. It gives him the excuse to launch even further crackdowns on supposed opponents. Interestingly his first reaction has been to arrest or dismiss more members of the judiciary than the military which seems a rather odd reaction to an armed coup. At the moment the Turkish president seems to be the biggest winner. Under Erdogan Turkey has experienced rather a lot of 'convenient' terrorist events that have damaged his opponents more than him and he has been able to use to justify previous suspensions of bits of the Turkish constitution.

HOLA4425

Archived