House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
5 hours ago, Futuroid said:

[...]

I was working in the City of London in 2001

[...]

The working class won't have a problem dealing with EE immigrants, who share most of their cultural identity.

[...]

I'm reassured that your experience working in the City of London has given you such clear insight into the mindset of the British working class.

HOLA445
HOLA446
1 hour ago, knock out johnny said:

I thought as much and posted early on in it about where it was going

Let me guess - something to do with her Guianan roots

Possibly.

I do believe the court ruling was perfectly technically legal, but at the same time I'm not sure Charles 1st was a big law breaker either. We have an unwritten, even traditional, constitution here with very fuzzy lines and baying mobs. I think TM sees this but many of the, ahem, liberal elite do not.

HOLA447
1 minute ago, Si1 said:

Possibly.

I do believe the court ruling was perfectly technically legal, but at the same time I'm not sure Charles 1st was a big law breaker either. We have an unwritten, even traditional, constitution here with very fuzzy lines and baying mobs. I think TM sees this but many of the, ahem, liberal elite do not.

Then again it's not simply a 'technical' issue, but rather a democratic problem of whether the referendum gave a small cabal of politicians the mandate to sit around a sofa and pluck nation-changing policy out of the air. Tony Blair fans will know what I mean...

HOLA448
5 minutes ago, pig said:

Then again it's not simply a 'technical' issue, but rather a democratic problem of whether the referendum gave a small cabal of politicians the mandate to sit around a sofa and pluck nation-changing policy out of the air. Tony Blair fans will know what I mean...

Define the term  'mandate'

HOLA449
Just now, pig said:

Someone has to do it ...so you are now advocating 650 or so sit around doing the samething is a better option ?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
4 hours ago, XswampyX said:

Yep, 20% more expensive potatoes VS tax credits and housing benefit for the EU worker PLUS unemployment benefit and housing benefit to a UK worker. FFS!

Source :- http://www.itv.com/news/2016-02-03/what-benefits-can-eu-migrants-claim/

if they have to have lived here for three months before claimīgn benefits then i am hopefully that border control will have a record of the date they arrived.

any one want to bet on ther being no way of checkong when people arrived and advice will be given to back date your arrival by three months? 

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
8 minutes ago, pig said:

I'm sure it's a perfectly legal technical term ;)

And I'm sure the electorate will have even less patience with the overblown over-influential corporate finance sector in London, in the future. Through legal means of course.

HOLA4415
12 minutes ago, knock out johnny said:

Depends if you prefer a mature parliamentary democracy as opposed to a dictatorship

I think you're right, and a lot hinges on how parliament reacts. If brexit still goes through then it will do so with much greater legitimacy.

HOLA4416
8 minutes ago, Si1 said:

And I'm sure the electorate will have even less patience with the overblown over-influential corporate finance sector in London, in the future. Through legal means of course.

Ah - the good old days of hpc. When hpi was caused by a finance sector sponsored politico-economic con trick and not a bunch of polish potato pickers.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Sunday politics got to the nub today:

"Cameron's stitch up" (I'll post the link and time after exercising the hounds)

Obviously the rest of the MP's were complicit, incompetent or complacent. Complacent because they trusted him, to stay on if he lost and to invoke A50; like I did. :rolleyes:

I'm still undecided on TM simply because she inherited an unprecedented clusterfu&k.

http://bbc.in/2fIw1hl 

10 mins in.

Edited by Sheeple Splinter
link added

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Sheeple Splinter said:

Had a thought on FoM in or out of the EU:

One in, one out based on self-sufficient or working.

e.g. 900,000 Brits in France means 900,000 Frenchies in UK

1500 Brits in Hungary means 1500 in UK.

16 In Afghanistan means 16 Afghans in UK

etc.

UK Migrant Exchange Symbiotic Scheme

Have I cracked it? :unsure:

It could be a real bugger if you went to Budapest for the weekend, and found your swapsey was staying in the U.K. for an extended working holiday.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
10 hours ago, Futuroid said:

No, you'll have to use Google.  In case you can't manage that, here's one I prepared earlier:

https://www.sussex.ac.uk/webteam/gateway/file.php?name=mwp83.pdf&site=252

Beware: experts ahead - this is from a University:

"Data shows that it was first Russians and then Ukrainians, together with other
non-EEA nationalities, which filled seasonal labour demands. However, over time
these patterns have changed. According to the MAC (2013: 57), from 2004 to 2007
most participants on the scheme (81-96 per cent) came from Eastern Europe and
specifically from six source countries: Ukraine (33 per cent of Eastern European SAWS
workers, 2004 to 2007), Bulgaria (23 per cent), Russia (15 per cent), Romania (11 per
cent), Belarus (9 per cent) and Moldova (6 per cent). Scott et al. (2008) found that under
the SAWS fewer than 30 per cent of the seasonal workers were from Bulgaria and
Romania, around half of the workers were from A8 countries, and only one sixth of
workers were from the UK. "

Well, I meant what I said: Seasonal Agricultural Workers Scheme was not mentioned in the article.  Perhaps there's a reason it is not mentioned in the article? 

In fact, SAWS became unnecessary with the mass migration from EE states to the UK, and hence its cessation.

It's interesting that you didn't address my points on farmers insisting on hiring non-British workers - I put forward the plain suggestion that it's because British gangmasters farmers can't exploit British workers.  Non-British workers will put up with a lot more for a lot less pay.  It doesn't seem to concern you at all - why is that? You seem to be one of those neo-liberals - always looking the other way when abuses of worker's rights takes place - so long as the gangmasters get their workers, all is good.

By the way, I don't know how old you are, but your style of facetiousness ("Google is your friend" type-comments) makes you sound like a sixth former.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
14 minutes ago, canbuywontbuy said:

FutuROYd - the clue's in the name. He occasionally logs in as RoyW6 when he wants to mention I'm just an immigrant :D

Not hemorrhoid then? He's always hanging around being a pain. 

I didn't know you were a doctor canbuywontbuy. :P