House Price Crash Forum

Rents Begin To Fall

HOLA441

Letting agencies Your Move and Reeds Rains claim rents have started to drop in many areas following the arrival of a glut of buy to let homes on the market after the passing of the stamp duty surcharge deadline.

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2016/6/rents-begin-to-fall-as-glut-of-homes-to-let-go-on-the-market

Welcome to the fear phase

HOLA442
HOLA443

More landlords generally means higher rents you TW*T. The more of us there are, the stronger a group we are and the more power we have over our customers. We are a fearsome force when acting as one. Make no mistake, rents WILL go up. Innit.

HOLA444
HOLA445

I get an email every morning from spareroom from previous searches. Can see with my own eyes that rents are coming down. good to have it backed up in empirical study.

Id say about a 10-15% reduction from 12-18 months ago. You couldnt get anything decent in London under 650pcm. Now there is quite a bit around the 550 mark in decent areas.

Edited by 999house

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Must be all that Brexit fear. I just hope people do the right thing and vote Remain so we can continue to squeeze the pips out of all of the flithy riff raff.

If we stay in the EU the demand side will stay the same and any changes to VAT on repairing old homes to increase supply will be impossible.

Not surprisingly everyone I know who wants to make money selling their house or renting it out are hoping for a remain vote.

HOLA4411

If we stay in the EU the demand side will stay the same and any changes to VAT on repairing old homes to increase supply will be impossible.

Not surprisingly everyone I know who wants to make money selling their house or renting it out are hoping for a remain vote.

No, no, no . no.

The ECJ judgment this week has put a hole in the ability of EUers to claim benefits.

And given an magic get-out card of 'protecting the nation states finances'.

80% of EUers do not earn enough to stay in the UK without a TV or HB top-up.

The UK (and Germany + NL) no longer have to pay benefits to migrant EUers.

HOLA4412

Read my signature.

The result of all this 'snapping up' will take time to take effect and then we'll be back to the races with an even bigger clientele looking for a roof over their heads.

Possible, but at some point the trend ends and yields go so low BTL makes no sense. So you need to be able to call the end of the trend.

For me, while the BTL wave is spreading out from London into the rest of the country, the trend has ended in central London. Let's see what happens next.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

1 month void = just put the rents up by 1/11th

2 month void = just put the rents up by 1/5th

3 month void = just put the rents up by 1/3rd

4 month void = just put the rents up by 1/2

5 month void = just put the rents up by 5/7ths

6 month void = just double the rents, innit.

HOLA4419

Letting agencies Your Move and Reeds Rains claim rents have started to drop in many areas following the arrival of a glut of buy to let homes on the market after the passing of the stamp duty surcharge deadline.

https://www.lettingagenttoday.co.uk/breaking-news/2016/6/rents-begin-to-fall-as-glut-of-homes-to-let-go-on-the-market

Welcome to the fear phase

Reading the release the reason is

“This is the equivalent of a flash flood for the rental market. Landlords escaping a much larger stamp duty bill by completing their purchases before April 1 have now finished their repairs and paperwork, with these homes to let competing for tenants in May and into June. That short-term mismatch has made May an exceptional month”

I am not a renter but thanks George.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Must be all that Brexit fear. I just hope people do the right thing and vote Remain so we can continue to squeeze the pips out of all of the flithy riff raff.

Renter scum have nothing to lose but their chains and their Labour MP's with their BTL portfolio's.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

1 month void = just put the rents up by 1/11th

2 month void = just put the rents up by 1/5th

3 month void = just put the rents up by 1/3rd

4 month void = just put the rents up by 1/2

5 month void = just put the rents up by 5/7ths

6 month void = just double the rents, innit.

Lovin your work at the minute.....

you should really consider going onto 118 and carrying on your good work there.

Much as you would be taking the mickey,they'd view you as a property pro.

HOLA4425