• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

While they may lower interest rates at some time in the near future. The thing I celebrate here is that the collective wisdom of the forum called it correctly. While we (and i only have a shallow claim to be part of this group as I am a noob to all this) may have been proved wrong in the past, it was usually due to some unforseeable intervention rather than lack of understanding of the forces in play, I am much encouraged that we are on the right track and the truth will prevail.

Congratulations to all on this small but significant victory.

Disclaimer: I am really pissed. It's Christmas innit. Merry Christmas all y'all.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

In my opinion it's definitely going to be a slow but steady increase up to about 2.5%, they have to.

They have basically (correctly IMO) realised that this is about as good as its going to get. If they don't raise now malinvestment will continue.

I hope this is right and that there is fear of systemic failure. If 2008 is not by design then it was close then, not of the wrongs have been put right (if anything made worse) and the whole house of cards could be due to collapse again as the next generations confidence in the system dilutes.

HOLA4410

doing well with my predictions this year...

if the Greek leaders had any balls, my July prediction of collapse would have been spot on.

Foxton share share price was a master stroke prediction.

for my next prediction....

BIG falls in the London market by June and panic in the buy toilet market.

are my friends on MSE starting to get worried yet?

they certainly should be, it's brown pants time.

HOLA4411

They will be forced to do what bigger brother is doing. They are probably throwing darts at Yellen's photo in the BOE.

Markets determine the cost of money not central bankers. The acid test now is whether Yellen can control the spiral of self-generated tightening she's set off. Was the Fed anticipating the recent spate of hedge fund blow ups? I doubt it. The markets may be so addicted to ZIRP/QE that even a solitary quarter point move is sufficient to bring down the house.

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Why shouldn't the UK follow? After all our economy is doing so well!

our economy?

crapy coffee shops.

corporations running our lives

middlemen everywhere.

cars on finance deals.

student debt.

bankers selling low interest pub prime state backed debt.

sports franchises.

east food outlets

malls.

it's not our economy...it's their economy.

HOLA4414

Thank god they are in the buy toilet market. :lol:

It's only through the lows that you can appreciate the highs.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I don't think for one minute this is going to last but the implications are massive.

it's a real sentiment shifter.

it was basically raise rates or face a collapse, now they've raised rates a tiny amount they might face a collapse.

it's crazy but of thinks the upshot will be a falling property market from here on it.

HOLA4418

Cause for double celebration. Not only did they hike but they hiked by a full 0.25%.

Also it looks as if the oil price dropped a bit as a consequence - more excellent news.

A 1.28% increase in the Dow isn't exactly an overwhelming vote of confidence but it's early days of course.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

While they may lower interest rates at some time in the near future. The thing I celebrate here is that the collective wisdom of the forum called it correctly. While we (and i only have a shallow claim to be part of this group as I am a noob to all this) may have been proved wrong in the past, it was usually due to some unforseeable intervention rather than lack of understanding of the forces in play, I am much encouraged that we are on the right track and the truth will prevail.

Congratulations to all on this small but significant victory.

Disclaimer: I am really pissed. It's Christmas innit. Merry Christmas all y'all.

The thing is, the Fed are going to look very very stupid if they have to backtrack here, they are going to want to lock in a few small hikes, and just face down whatever storm this blows up, rather than risk even more damage to sentiment by chickening out?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

doing well with my predictions this year...

if the Greek leaders had any balls, my July prediction of collapse would have been spot on.

Foxton share share price was a master stroke prediction.

They were trying to pretend everything was business as usual earlier by lecturing me and having a laugh at posts by BB and yourself :D

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

They were trying to pretend everything was business as usual earlier by lecturing me and having a laugh at posts by BB and yourself :D

They obviously have selective memories but I think we all know they are s**ting themselves, hence why they feel it necessary to do that.

What an unpleasant bunch of people they must be.

The trying to "out" me was beyond shameful especially when they got it wrong :lol::lol::lol:

That's how stupid they really are.

HOLA4425

I cant remember, was this news posted here

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/12052433/Third-Avenue-could-be-the-event-that-will-finally-explode-the-post-crisis-asset-bubble.html

"

Is the next financial crisis nigh? Could closure of Third Avenue Fund finally explode the post-crisis asset bubble? The closure of a number of US funds linked to the high yield corporate debt market is eerily reminiscent of the events that led up to the global financial crisis"

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere