House Price Crash Forum

Government To Power Britain On Dead Bodies

davidg

HOLA441

I don't know if anyone has watched "The Last Ship" but at the start of season 2 the remains of the US goverment in Baltimore were powering the town on the bodies of people they were killing in a mass euthanasia programme. Nonsense I thought.

Then I was watching Newsnight on Thursday and they claimed that the average British household bins 60 quids worth of food per month including some 80 million chickens. They then cut to a new power station somewhere in the UK that runs on bodies. For example: chickens, but I thought. It could equally well run on human remains in an emergency.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

That's a great idea. The heat would only be wastes otherwise.

Yes it would! It is actually a good idea, although people may not like it.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Exactly. That's why the news item caught my eye. The 1%ers running their heated pools on dead people.

All depends on what your view of the worth of a dead body is. In my view the body isn't the person and there's nothing undignified about using a crematorium's waste heat. No more undignified than leaving someone to rot in the ground anyway.

HOLA4412

All depends on what your view of the worth of a dead body is. In my view the body isn't the person and there's nothing undignified about using a crematorium's waste heat. No more undignified than leaving someone to rot in the ground anyway.

Depends how you get the bodies doesn't it?

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

So, a problem with power generation, and as I keep pointing out far too many people. Sounds like a match made in heaven to me! For fairness I will volunteer myself, it's not as if everyone won't continue to screw up everything that makes life worth living even if the "far too many people" part of it is gone. As long as the following list is considered...

HOLA4415

I thought bodies were more or less inflammable...takes a huge fire to burn them.

I guess that depends on whether the body has 'dried' a bit - since our bodies are mostly water.

I would assume that after just a short period a corpse, left in the open, will be sufficiently dessicated (and also have some residual internal methane from decomposing) that it should be much easier to set alight and allow it to self burn?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Lets be clear,

Inflammable and Flammable mean the same thing.

They have different Latin roots and cause much confusion.

That is why we now use combustible and non combustible.

Human bodies are combustible, it's all the fat.

Provided they are wearing clothes to act as a wick, bodies will burn totally to ash.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Probably needs fixing to a cross or hanging in a gibbet to dry out enough for fuel purposes - clearly IS are just a bunch of green fuel environmentalists.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Myself and a colleague actually proposed this at a council owned crematorium back in 2004 as a way of heating the chapel etc. The Councillors wouldn't hear anymore of it.

I don't care who gets whatever use of my used body when I have gone! Hopefully not Mr Saville! :blink:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

I guess that depends on whether the body has 'dried' a bit - since our bodies are mostly water.

I would assume that after just a short period a corpse, left in the open, will be sufficiently dessicated (and also have some residual internal methane from decomposing) that it should be much easier to set alight and allow it to self burn?

You are sounding like Ken! :unsure:

Archived