House Price Crash Forum

The Bbc Propaganda Thread

HOLA441
On 24/08/2016 at 10:53 AM, ccc said:

Great British Bake off. I saw an advert on TV for last years very 'multicultural' winner and was thinking what had happened to other winners. I also had a think back to winners of Masterchef.

Many of the bake off winners have done very well. TV appearences, books, events and all that jazz.

Yet it took until the 6th series for the winner to actually have their own BBC series commisioned. I haven't checked for Masterchef but can't remember any of those having an actual BBC series commissioned for them either.

And all of this was within months of winning the thing.

Was this just 'random' or did she 'fit the mould'. Pardon the cooking pun :)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/living/1652659/great-british-bake-off-winners-have-baked-for-the-queen-presented-on-lorraine-and-racked-in-millions/

Less than 6 months on and she gets ANOTHER series commissioned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39059610

Positive discrimination has now gone into warp speed.

I never realised at the time but when searching on this it appears she upset rather a lot of Bangladeshis on her first series by talking a lot of nonsense about the countries history of food and culture.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/food/article-3652764/Nadiya-Hussain-sparks-fury-claiming-native-country-no-dining-chairs-desserts-cheese.html

Appears to have zero effect on her BBC love in though. 

If I were another bake off winner watching this unfold I would be mightily pissed off. This person is being set up for life using TV licence payers money for the simple fact she wears a headscarf.

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
On 2/22/2017 at 8:51 AM, billybong said:

What's memorable of the day to day material from the bbc during Obama's time was regular recordings of short clips of his latest speech on any subject and mainly reported in a sort of awe and usually in the manner of a commandment from up on high.

Not at all like the treatment of Trump.

It seems the BBC is 'no platforming' Trump, in classic regressive left style. Thing is though, it probably works on most people, most of the time. 

HOLA443
HOLA444

Got to say I am fairly happy with Andrew Neal as a political commentator. If anything he seems to lean to the right. By contrast Dimbleby called the Copeland by election for Labour at the ned of  QT, guess he couldn't help himself. The officials were fooled by the first few solid Labour ballot boxes arriving from nearby council estates I presume.

HOLA445
16 minutes ago, spunko2010 said:

Nige has always been good at public speaking or at least as long as I can remember. Compare this to say Corbyn who is an utter damp squib. 

Corbyn has always been on the level of a Marxist demagogue at a 1980s student union, or a bolshy shop steward at a medium sized factory trying to get the proletariat to bring production to a halt yet again. The idea of him being in charge of a country is absurd.

HOLA446
46 minutes ago, newbonic said:

Corbyn has always been on the level of a Marxist demagogue at a 1980s student union, or a bolshy shop steward at a medium sized factory trying to get the proletariat to bring production to a halt yet again. The idea of him being in charge of a country is absurd.

Strangely i don't dislike the guy, somehow he comes across as considered and non agressive. He certainly is very rarely stirred into the sort of histrionics we are used to from most Labour leaders. Miliband was so petulant and whining like some teenage kid, ''It isn't fair'' and had this look of righteous indignation that was a huge turn off.

The mellow softly softly of both he and Tom Watson is actually a breath of fresh air.

Also there is a new softly softly ex clergyman that seems to be their new cabinet spokesman. The guys is so honest, he sounds a bit like Daniel O Donnell, that he deserves a medal.

They are doing something right.

Ah here is Barry Gardiner, so honest it's hard to tell whose side he is on half the time. By contrast Matt Hancock, the Tory, looks like a complete *******.

barry%20gardiner.jpg

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
4 hours ago, newbonic said:

Mr Corbyn is just so much from the past that he isn't really a threat. There's even a certain  vaguely ridiculous nostalgic charm about him. I can't help smiling when I think of him and Diane Abbott going on their infamous motorcycle trip to east Germany in the 70s. 

That said, I think some Labour supporters are drawn to him because he represents the bearded, white robed figure appearing at the end of the long tunnel in the Labour party's collective near death experience which they're yet to wake up from. 

HOLA4410
10 hours ago, crashmonitor said:

Oops sorry Gardiner. I have edited it, Freudian slip.

Ah i thought they had the same name for a second. Would have been funny.

As for Corbyn he clearly has an aggressive streak. You can see it often rear its head when he leaves for work and clearly wants to punch the reporters for asking him questions.

Boiling away under the surface I suspect he's quite petulant. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Where's the dividing line between fake news and a concerted attempt by the established media to take down competitors they don't like. Much in the same way they don't like the result of elections and then carry on an agenda of taking or at least reducing the credibility and influence of presidents for example.

BBC sets up team to debunk fake news.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/12/bbc-sets-up-team-to-debunk-fake-news

HOLA4413
13 minutes ago, onlyme2 said:

Where's the dividing line between fake news and a concerted attempt by the established media to take down competitors they don't like. Much in the same way they don't like the result of elections and then carry on an agenda of taking or at least reducing the credibility and influence of presidents for example.

BBC sets up team to debunk fake news.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/12/bbc-sets-up-team-to-debunk-fake-news

So they're bringing back researchers?

HOLA4414
4 minutes ago, The Generation Game said:

So they're bringing back researchers?

Only for other people's content. For the BBC is looks like it is all about narrative. What happens when the narrative doesn't match those of the BBC? What is the BBC's goal in having these researchers?

Better not be the below.

HOLA4415
13 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

Ah i thought they had the same name for a second. Would have been funny.

As for Corbyn he clearly has an aggressive streak. You can see it often rear its head when he leaves for work and clearly wants to punch the reporters for asking him questions.

Boiling away under the surface I suspect he's quite petulant. 

He does have this amusing flaw that he sometimes slips into an uncontrolled rage. But basically I think his calm demeanor is his normal personality, not a front, he is just one of those types that blows a fuse and can't control it hence shys away from confrontation. For all Cameron and Miliband's attempts to stop ''punch and judy politics'' they were disingenuos. That was their personanlity and they coundn't help themselves.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

I thought this one was terrible.  Sucked in by all the you can trust old "friendly auntie beeb" propaganda.  Criminal record and £220 in fines for phoning them up tell them she had reconnected the telly to watch one Channel 4 show because she felt guilty about so doing.

The BBC is not your friend and it is not on your side; it just wants you to keep passively payng it your money.

FINED £220 FOR WATCHING ONE SHOW

Fashion worker Leanne Dutton has been fined and has a criminal record

Fashion worker Leanne Dutton phoned TV Licensing last year to tell officials she had watched one episode of Channel 4 soap Hollyoaks without a licence.

The young mum was worried she might have broken the law, but was allegedly assured she did not have to pay as it was a one-off.

Six days later, Miss Dutton, 25, was visited by an enforcement officer. She has since been fined and has a criminal record.

Miss Dutton, of Hyde, Greater Manchester, who has a six-year-old son Ellis, cancelled her licence and stopped watching terrestrial TV to save money. 

But last August, she reconnected the set to watch Hollyoaks. 

Days later, a Capita official arrived at her home. Miss Dutton said: ‘He really banged on the door. 

'I initially thought it must be the police because it was so forceful.’

She was found guilty on Thursday of using the set without a licence, was fined £60 and ordered to pay £130 in prosecution costs and a £30 victim surcharge.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
3 minutes ago, DEATH said:

What kind of madness is it though to actually phone them up and confess to a crime....

She should have pleaded temporary insanity, something anyone who watches Hollyoaks could get away with.

As I've not seen more than seconds of Hollyoaks I'll take your word for it.

She phoned up because she felt guilty for cheating on "good old auntie beeb" but was also labouring under the misapprehension that "good old auntie beeb" was her friend and would just tell her that she'd been naughty and don't do it again.

HOLA4422
43 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought this one was terrible.  Sucked in by all the you can trust old "friendly auntie beeb" propaganda.  Criminal record and £220 in fines for phoning them up tell them she had reconnected the telly to watch one Channel 4 show because she felt guilty about so doing.

She was found guilty on Thursday of using the set without a licence, was fined £60 and ordered to pay £130 in prosecution costs and a £30 victim surcharge.

Victim surcharge! Was the BBC traumatised by her watching C4? Or did the person she phoned at the BBC swoon with shock because someone didn't pay the BBC tax?

HOLA4423
On 24/02/2017 at 2:15 PM, Austin Allegro said:

Mr Corbyn is just so much from the past that he isn't really a threat. There's even a certain  vaguely ridiculous nostalgic charm about him. I can't help smiling when I think of him and Diane Abbott going on their infamous motorcycle trip to east Germany in the 70s. 

That said, I think some Labour supporters are drawn to him because he represents the bearded, white robed figure appearing at the end of the long tunnel in the Labour party's collective near death experience which they're yet to wake up from. 

Ridiculous, in what sense? Free market capitalism failed abjectly in 2008. Concerted efforts to resurrect its corpse in the years since have also failed, spectacularly.

Corbyn represents a decisive break with the wretched Tory-lite policies of Blair and Miliband. On a wide range of issues from defence to the re-nationalisation of the railways and utilities he often sounds like the only sane voice in Parliament.

HOLA4424
6 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Ridiculous, in what sense? Free market capitalism failed abjectly in 2008. Concerted efforts to resurrect its corpse in the years since have also failed, spectacularly.

Corbyn represents a decisive break with the wretched Tory-lite policies of Blair and Miliband. On a wide range of issues from defence to the re-nationalisation of the railways and utilities he often sounds like the only sane voice in Parliament.

I know it sounds like a "no true scotsman" excuse, but the most regulated cartel in the history of the world, coupled with a government spending program running at 45% of GDP isn't really a model illustration of free market capitalism.

HOLA4425
1 hour ago, buckers said:

I wonder why the BBC don't mange all this internally instead of outsourcing it? :)

In any case, I'm sure that the BBC will now take immediate and decisive action. Although I think Capita will be figuratively rather than literally executed and left on the piazza at Cesena. 

And because he knew that the past severity had caused some hatred against himself, so, to clear himself in the minds of the people, and gain them entirely to himself, he desired to show that, if any cruelty had been practised, it had not originated with him, but in the natural sternness of the minister. Under this pretence he took Ramiro, and one morning caused him to be executed and left on the piazza at Cesena with the block and a bloody knife at his side. The barbarity of this spectacle caused the people to be at once satisfied and dismayed.

The Prince, Machiavelli

Archived