House Price Crash Forum

Reporting A Racist Forum

Oliver Sutton

HOLA441

I think that was the argument some years ago when Anne Robinson said something about the Welsh and she was reported to the Police for racism. It is technically, legally, not racist to say something against the Welsh, Irish, Scots, English if you are one of them.

Tell that to the poor football fan at Celtic park who got charged and convicted for calling Hartson a welsh *******.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

How about the "Black Power" guys? Do they also have small d1cks? Oops! Am I allowed to ask that?

My daughter was subjected to "Black History" at primary school, (presumably as part of the National Curriculum, since all my friends' children were doing the same) before which, she had no concept of "black" and "white" as applied to people. Thank you again Cultural Marxism.

History is History as Mr Pin says.

There is no such thing as Black History unless you add in the social construct of colour as a criteria. Otherwise, the world has been always mixed colours. What we might have is National History, which is about a population within a region, but Black History is not confined to a region, a Nation, a religion or anything else.

Its purely constructed to make a point.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Tell that to the poor football fan at Celtic park who got charged and convicted for calling Hartson a welsh *******.

whats that all about?

Welsh isnt a race...its a nationality.

Well it appears that Government has totally fracked this up with the legislation:

The legislation provides definitions of racial groups and religious groups in the following terms:

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references.

BS enshrined in law.

HOLA445

But the point is, Bendy and Porca Miseria have made jokes about the Welsh.

What am I supposed to do about this?

My normal reaction is instead of rushing snivelling to some authority to complain is to give back as good as I get.

BUT

What if Bendy and Porca Miseria are Pakistani?

Can I make fun of their origins in an equal way to the fun I could make of English etc.

I'm tempted to (re)post a Jim Jeffries utoob clip but it didn't go down to well here last time so I'll refrain.

I agree that the 'solution' is to give as good as you get, while also being immune to being 'offended'. It won't be long before that is both your attitude and personality and it's a very hard barrier for anyone to break down.

HOLA446

My 9 year old goes to a fairly diverse school, and recently they have been trying to explain racism and why you mustn't say racist things. My son and a few other mixed race children who had never really given any thought to any of this were really confused as to how they weren't just English, as they were born in England, lived in England and spoke English. Anyway it all backfired as they all spent the rest of the day experimenting with trying to trick each other into using skin/hair/eye colour to describe people and then shouting "that's racist" and laughing their heads off.

No joke, my son got really, really upset at school when someone called him racist for saying a black person was brown (they are brown). He didn't understand the word, and the people calling him it (other 9 year olds) didn't know what they were talking about.

Me and his mum then had to explain to him, and try as we might he couldn't get his head round the concept of disliking someone due to the colour of their skin.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest eight

An Englishman, a Scotsman and an Irishman walked into a pub.

No, wait, racist jokes taboo. Damn.

How many Pakistanis can you fit into a mini?

Four adults, and possibly a small child....

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

it's like this United Nations 'Out of Africa 4' or wherever we are now, claiming that we are all just Homo Sapiens.

Fine as a political construct, so all people over the world are one type.

Pity about DNA coming along and showing that some groups have admixtures of Neanderthal and Denisovian.

HOLA4413

It's odd that the OP got blocked, but it's hard to judge without actually knowing the details.

It's funny how you don't hear Irish jokes any more.

I'd be interested to know haw the law does actually relate to racist jokes. I guess most jokes are offensive to the target, so they are presumably illegal?

HOLA4414

it's like this United Nations 'Out of Africa 4' or wherever we are now, claiming that we are all just Homo Sapiens.

Fine as a political construct, so all people over the world are one type.

Pity about DNA coming along and showing that some groups have admixtures of Neanderthal and Denisovian.

Mixtures? How disgusting didnt they belive in racial purity way back then.

HOLA4415

There's a forum I occasionally use that has a lax attitude to racism and has got worse and worse. (e.g. P*** jokes are frequent and not censored or frowned upon)

When I challenged this my post was deleted and I am now blocked.

Is this not now illegal and can I report this to some body?

Don't want to bother the police but a stiff warning from some official body might do the job equally.

The easiest thing to do would be to put it on Twitter and unleash the hounds...

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419

How many Pakistanis can you fit into a mini?

Four adults, and possibly a small child....

I've seen 5 people on a small motorbike. Not a racist joke BTW. It's just what I saw in Pakistan.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

On the Welsh thing, have any of you SEEN the women in Wales? Ever watched The Call Centre?

I'd take a sheep every time.

Burds in Cardiff are fittest I have seen in any UK city.

Yes their wee skirts and make up may have swayed me a little - but there certainly are a lot of very attractive burds there.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424

whats that all about?

Welsh isnt a race...its a nationality.

Well it appears that Government has totally fracked this up with the legislation:

The legislation provides definitions of racial groups and religious groups in the following terms:

"A racial group means a group of persons defined by reference to race, colour, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins." The definition is wide and victims may come within the definition under more than one of the references.

BS enshrined in law.

That's because the people who make the laws in this country wouldn't know their ass from their elbow if it slapped them in the face.. Let alone logical oxymorons.

HOLA4425

Archived