House Price Crash Forum

Btl Scum Regrouping And On The Offensive. -- Merged

HOLA441
35 minutes ago, BorrowToLeech said:

Didn’t buy in the first place. 

Thats his argument. If landlords don’t buy homes, those homes won’t be available for other people.  Mental. 

I thought that the landlords all "provided" the homes, ie they built them all brick by brick with their bare hands? :)

HOLA442
10 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

The amusing thing is that she genuinely thinks that politicians are going to be impressed by her crappy poll.

Dr Rosalind Beck

20:28 PM, 14th December 2018
About 33 minutes ago

At the moment the figures are that 48% of landlords voted Conservative in 2015 and 28% would today. That is nearly a halving of the landlord vote - extrapolated to the country at large, this would be huge. These results will be presumably be interesting to the party chairman.

Edited by Dyson Fury

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
11 minutes ago, Lavalas said:

Well I’d been voting to show a swing to the Conservatives as I assume that’s the opposite of what she’s trying to show ?‍♂️

Interesting approach but too late given current position?

tempsnip.jpg

Edited by Bear Hug

HOLA446

I don't think she's thought it through. If she shows a swing to Labour, the proper conclusion is to adopt a more tenant-friendly position* because nobody's voting for Corbyn because of his landlord-friendliness. If she shows a swing to the Tories, they'll assume they've got it right already. The correct approach from us, IMHO, is to take the pee.

*Which is more or less what they've done. It's no coincidence that they've swung behind the tenant fees ban, and the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Bill since the 2017 election. Tenants started voting Labour in larger numbers, and arithmetically they'll always outnumber landlords.

HOLA447

Reply to the comment left by Mark Shine at 14/12/2018 - 20:58
Thanks, Mark.
What sad lives they must lead. I can't imagine spending my life shadowing others in that way. Haven't they got their own lives to lead? I've heard they're also a sexist bunch so losers on that front too.
As for the poll, there are so many replies now that I think their input if any won't be very significant. Already the gap between 2015 votes from landlords and current intentions is likely to be greater than the figures here suggest because some tenants may have voted too, so any finding here is likely to be an underestimate of the change. I think it would be fair to say landlord support for the Conservatives has halved.

https://www.property118.com/landlord-vote-goes/comment-page-6/

There is some strong denial right there.  Guess who is going to be the last one to sell when HPC finally hits? 

HOLA448
1 hour ago, Bear Hug said:

Interesting approach but too late given current position?

tempsnip.jpg

It was very different when I last voted. It now shows what I assume she wants it to show, although she’s a moron so it’s foolish really to even care if it does. The only certainty is that she’ll make a flawed point and nobody will pay any attention.

HOLA449

This made me laugh out loud:

Mark Shine

21:58 PM, 14th December 2018
About 11 hours ago

Btw the reason I often go on about the h8r manipulators from hpc is not to publicise their forum or give them more oxygen that they so desperately crave...
... the actual reason I frequently mention the h8rs (@ hpc) is so that any P118 voyeurs who are not h8rs (eg perhaps MP’s research assistants for example) might be encouraged to start doing their own further web research ...

But maybe this is not as delusional as it seems.  When Busta met with that senior Treasury civil servant back in 2015, she and her team took very careful and detailed notes of everything he said about Clause 24 and the ways that the most highly leveraged landlords might be able to avoid paying the extra tax....  It's quite reasonable that, among the civil servants and research assistants who work on housing policy, there are some whose officially approved workload includes spending a little bit of time each week keeping an eye on the online forums, to get a sense of how public opinion might be shifting, and to get early notice of any new anti-tax wheezes that might be emerging.

HOLA4410

In the Commons debate on s.21 Karen Buck MP read out the comment from the guy on P118 who said he liked to serve notice in mid-November to screw up his tenants' Christmas. And it's well-known that HMRC like to lurk online to try to identify the latest tax wheezes or individual evaders. 

But they still won't give a monkey's toss about her poll. 

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
7 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

. And it's well-known that HMRC like to lurk online to try to identify the latest tax wheezes or individual evaders. 

If I was at HMRC and trying to crack down on landlords it is precisely where I would go to keep abreast of their latest wheezes, but is there any evidence that they actually do? 

HOLA4413

They've been known to identify tax evaders by looking in the cards in newsagents' windows, and they've caught others by searching Facebook. If you introduced a major tax change targeting a particular industry, wouldn't you hang out where they were discussing it to see how they were planning to avoid it?

HOLA4414
8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

In the Commons debate on s.21 Karen Buck MP read out the comment from the guy on P118 who said he liked to serve notice in mid-November to screw up his tenants' Christmas.

Shocking. I would hope that that got people asking the question "who is that landlord?" and behind the scenes, civil servants would be "given the nod" to go after him. He won't be squeaky clean, it'll be possible to get him for something.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

25 minutes ago, mrtickle said:

Shocking. I would hope that that got people asking the question "who is that landlord?" and behind the scenes, civil servants would be "given the nod" to go after him. He won't be squeaky clean, it'll be possible to get him for something.

I've got a screengrab of the original comment if any passing HMRC agents would like it ?

HOLA4417
8 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

In the Commons debate on s.21 Karen Buck MP read out the comment from the guy on P118 who said he liked to serve notice in mid-November to screw up his tenants' Christmas.

Let’s hope that his comment comes back and bites him in his smug scumlord ****!

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Mike D

Number of comments left in all time: 94

9:47 AM, 14th December 2018

I would say I have half Labour and conservative voters, to them only rent rises coming their way with no benefit, no one has asked for a long term tenancy or stays more than 2yrs anyway.

Amazing how much some of these BTLers think they know about their tenants, even down to how they vote. 

HOLA4422
12 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

In the Commons debate on s.21 Karen Buck MP read out the comment from the guy on P118 who said he liked to serve notice in mid-November to screw up his tenants' Christmas. And it's well-known that HMRC like to lurk online to try to identify the latest tax wheezes or individual evaders. 

Well as long as theres 100x more LL than tenants then LL are ok.

HOLA4423
14 hours ago, Dyson Fury said:

This made me laugh out loud:

But maybe this is not as delusional as it seems.  When Busta met with that senior Treasury civil servant back in 2015, she and her team took very careful and detailed notes of everything he said about Clause 24 and the ways that the most highly leveraged landlords might be able to avoid paying the extra tax....  It's quite reasonable that, among the civil servants and research assistants who work on housing policy, there are some whose officially approved workload includes spending a little bit of time each week keeping an eye on the online forums, to get a sense of how public opinion might be shifting, and to get early notice of any new anti-tax wheezes that might be emerging.

H8er!

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
16 hours ago, Ah-so said:

If I was at HMRC and trying to crack down on landlords it is precisely where I would go to keep abreast of their latest wheezes, but is there any evidence that they actually do? 

I once worked for them briefly. Here's some, though not landlord related.

There was a section called "intelligence division." One guy there spent part, maybe all of his day going through the papers looking for news items which gave a clue that someone was well off. The Revenue would then check to see if they'd heard of them.

Looked at the DVLA for who had purchased expensive motors. 

One officer ate at a chippy for a few days to see how busy it was. It was rammed nightly but the tax return showed minimal turnover. Game, set and match.

If you rang intelligence, some joker round there would answer "intelligence speaking" very slowly, as per the Goon Show.