House Price Crash Forum

Halifax Bank, Just Had To Jump Through Hoops To Get My Money Out

TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA441

What is it about the Halifax bank, it just took me the best part of an hour to tranfer 15K out of their bank.

It's like, and i'm not suggesting this is the case, the banks dont like you moving your own money oput of them.

Needless to say, the bloke on the phone got an ear bashing.

I am sick of the bankers.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

LOL love it

Personally I welcome all posts - HPC is a bit of deadzone these days, presumably because everyone has gone to Enfield.

Eh? Is that a euphemism? It ought to be.

HOLA4419

I've just transferred a substantial sum from the UK / Sterling (prior to the post election meltdown) and its gone missing somewhere. Currently bank checking down back of sofa, cardboard box where they keep money etc. :-(

aggghhh banks!

===

spoke to sending and destination banks. The sum was too large for them to accept!!!! So they've now returned it less charges for refusing the transfer. Pffff! I wonder whether you are better having the cash in a safe as you seem to have so much trouble getting your hands on it once banks own it.

Edited by davidg

HOLA4420

'They' have to finance the latest round of sickening TV adverts, hiding behind messages of subliminal winning life style choices, all BS and no substance. Does seem to be rather a lot of of these new Banker ads recently.

HOLA4421

I can vouch for that anecdote.

As the man above says, HPC has gone a bit quiet.

Everyone must be out buying houses at 2007+30% prices.

Yes, I just bought 2, bargains, both in Enfield! Far too busy renovating, for HPC now :P They double in price every 10 years or so (or half :P), don't you know :P

Edit: sorry I just need to add some extra :P:P:P:P to show that I'm joking, in case the count thinks I'm a troll ;)

Edited by renting til I die

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I've just transferred a substantial sum from the UK / Sterling (prior to the post election meltdown) and its gone missing somewhere. Currently bank checking down back of sofa, cardboard box where they keep money etc. :-(

aggghhh banks!

===

spoke to sending and destination banks. The sum was too large for them to accept!!!! So they've now returned it less charges for refusing the transfer. Pffff! I wonder whether you are better having the cash in a safe as you seem to have so much trouble getting your hands on it once banks own it.

aggh, currently 3 grand missing as the destination bank who refused the transfer exchanged the money into euros refused the transfer then exchanged back into gbp before refunding and the exchange rate moved against me ! So they say. Will see how much I can recover. That's all my interest on the cash I earned gone.

HOLA4424

Just as a counter-anecdote, last week I rocked up to my bank and withdrew £5k in cash with no notice and not a batted eyelid from the girl serving me. She needed additional ID (I had my passport as I expected this), and it took her maybe 5-7 mins to get the 50s together, counted and in an envelope.

I was NOT asked why I needed the cash.

I was NOT taken into a back room.

I was NOT quizzed by multiple members of staff.

HOLA4425

Just as a counter-anecdote, last week I rocked up to my bank and withdrew £5k in cash with no notice and not a batted eyelid from the girl serving me. She needed additional ID (I had my passport as I expected this), and it took her maybe 5-7 mins to get the 50s together, counted and in an envelope.

I was NOT asked why I needed the cash.

I was NOT taken into a back room.

I was NOT quizzed by multiple members of staff.

Great, why should you be asked! It's none of their business. Sounds like how a bank should be working.