House Price Crash Forum

Names For Three Cats

DTMark

HOLA441

Sparecat is drifting into least sensible names for cats territory.

I suggest calling them:

Who wants a fight

Have you just farted

You look like a prat

And imagine the comic japery that would ensue at the vets, calling them in at night, when you have visitors etc.

My ex-h's cat was called 'you *******' which was absolutely fine until we realised our child would probably tell the teacher what his cat was called. After that it was YB.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

My ex-h's cat was called 'you *******' which was absolutely fine until we realised our child would probably tell the teacher what his cat was called. After that it was YB.

'You B*****d' has been the alternative 'go to' name for every animal I have owned, especially in the moments just before they put me in hospital.

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422

YouTube has them all.

Amazing what you can pick up on here.. noted to watch later on at some point. Have never seen the series all the way through.

Not sure if it's my warped sense of humour but the idea of the vets head appearing around the door of the waiting room and asking "has anyone got a sparecat?" made me chuckle..

We were going to adopt two. It was only when we saw the three of them together and their interplay that we didn't feel we could split them apart. So "Sparecat" is actually quite appropriate ;)

Our first cat, a stray which came to us, didn't really have a name. It was just a term of endearment. He was called "Darling". This did lead to come cringe-worthy moments at the vet.

True story: a great aunt, many decades ago, had a cat called Whoopee.

So she of course would stand in the street calling it for dinner.

The neighbours wondered why was constantly celebrating in this manner.

I have a pet name for my partner which the neighbours overheard once. They thought that was our name for the cat. "I saw [insert name here] on top of your shed yesterday". "Really? (puzzled)"

We brought them home yesterday evening and released them in the living room. They all hid - they're all a little timid. The one with the injury caused by a fourth cat from the same family which had to be separated and housed separately is the Alpha and the boldest. I got to stroke him at about 4am (quiet at the back there). The ginger one is medium long haired and absolutely stunning but a bit shy, and the third one, the tabby, hasn't come out from hiding yet. But these things take time, it's stressful for them - but, they have each other to help settle in.

Some great suggestions here, thanks.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Amazing what you can pick up on here.. noted to watch later on at some point. Have never seen the series all the way through.

We were going to adopt two. It was only when we saw the three of them together and their interplay that we didn't feel we could split them apart. So "Sparecat" is actually quite appropriate ;)

Our first cat, a stray which came to us, didn't really have a name. It was just a term of endearment. He was called "Darling". This did lead to come cringe-worthy moments at the vet.

I have a pet name for my partner which the neighbours overheard once. They thought that was our name for the cat. "I saw [insert name here] on top of your shed yesterday". "Really? (puzzled)"

We brought them home yesterday evening and released them in the living room. They all hid - they're all a little timid. The one with the injury caused by a fourth cat from the same family which had to be separated and housed separately is the Alpha and the boldest. I got to stroke him at about 4am (quiet at the back there). The ginger one is medium long haired and absolutely stunning but a bit shy, and the third one, the tabby, hasn't come out from hiding yet. But these things take time, it's stressful for them - but, they have each other to help settle in.

Some great suggestions here, thanks.

Smear some soft butter on their front paws. They'll forget they're timid in an instant as they'll be preoccupied licking it off. By the time they have finished they will feel 'at home'

HOLA4425

FWIW, when I befriended a couple of cats (in Italy), their names just sort-of came. The tiger-striped one was Tigger, and the one-eyed one was Deadeye.

Deadeye first appeared when he was young enough to indulge in kittenish games. Like, I could wiggle a toe under the duvet cover[1] and he'd pounce, which was a little painful but in a nice way.

[1] Putting a duvet inside it would be far too hot for Italian summer. But the cover was useful for keeping mosquitos off.

Archived