House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441
Stamp duty changes and Brexit uncertainty are weighing on prime ...
City A.M.-7 hours ago
The difference between the number of property surveyors who said London prices had gone up minus those that had said they had gone down was three per ...

HOLA442

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/personal-banking/mortgages/mortgage-lenders-to-tighten-affordability-ratios/

Mortgage lenders to tighten affordability ratios

NatWest has lowered its loan-to-income ratio (LTI) requirement for mortgage borrowers to 4.45, from 4.75, for borrowers offering deposit of between 15pc and 25pc. The multiple of salary applies for both single and joint earners.

Not enough but a start.

HOLA443
HOLA444

City A.M.-7 hours ago

The difference between the number of property surveyors who said London prices had gone up minus those that had said they had gone down was three per ...

London property market cools as price falls predicted

The Wharf-7 hours ago

Stamp duty rise will slow UK property market, survey shows

Financial Times-7 hours ago

Housing market set for slow down after stamp duty changes come ...

Telegraph.co.uk-7 hours ago

Is this all from the RICS report out today?

Supply improving as new listings rise again, says RICS

New instructions rose for the third consecutive month in February, while buyer inquiries rose for the 11th consecutive month, the RICS reported this morning.

It said that while there had been a further increase in activity, market conditions remained tight with house price growth retaining “a considerable amount of momentum for the time being” – apart from in central London.

The RICS predicts that general UK price momentum may start to fade towards the latter part of this year.

However, this morning’s report warns on the central London market, saying there are signs of a downturn, with demand dropping due to tax changes, slow-downs in foreign markets and Brexit uncertainty.

Almost one in three RICS estate agents in London (28%) who responded to the survey are expecting a fall in prices over the next three months.

Historically, major housing events, including both crashes and booms, begin in central London before rippling out. By contrast, hiccups in prices and sales volumes tend to be localised trends.

The overall RICS survey was completed by just 317 respondents, representing 569 branches.

While the RICS does not give prices in its survey, the LSL/Acadata house price index does.

Also published this morning, it said that house prices had jumped 0.8%, or £2,277, on average in February compared with January.

The survey put the average house price at £289,229, 6.2% higher than February last year.

Across Greater London, annual house price inflation was 6.8%, which equated to an average rise of £36,903 – more than the average Londoner’s annual salary of £35,333.

The average Greater London house price in February was £582,783.

http://www.propertyindustryeye.com/supply-improving-new-listings-rise-says-rics/

HOLA445

inline_90b6d9c0-e5_1074416a.jpg

inline_42c7e3c0-e5_1074425a.jpg

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4708652.ece

Proposals have been submitted for no fewer than 436 structures of 20 storeys or higher, compared with 263 a year ago, according to a report released today by the think tank New London Architecture and GL Hearn, the property consultants.
Work has already begun on 89 of these, with planning permission granted on 233 more. A further 114 proposals are awaiting approval from city planners, who refused to give the go-ahead on only three similar schemes last year.
The Skyscraper Index is a whimsical concept put forward by Andrew Lawrence, a property analyst at Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein in January 1999, which showed that the world's tallest buildings have risen on the eve of economic downturns. Business cycles and skyscraper construction correlate in such a way that investment in skyscrapers peaks when cyclical growth is exhausted and the economy is ready for recession. Mark Thornton's Skyscraper Index Model successfully sent a signal of the Late-2000s financial crisis at the beginning of August 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skyscraper_Index

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
City A.M.-7 hours ago

Great excuses when we all know prices in PCL have been falling in some areas for 12 months.

It looks like we are past the point of no return and they are going to have to let the sheeple know.

I look forward to the day when my sister in law says "Arent you lucky you dont own a house".

HOLA449

Theres nothing wrong with the City building towers. They are needed for office space and homes. The problem I have is the price of the homes. I don't know what the break even price is for a 'luxury flat', but I assume its many times less than what they sell for.

Skyscraper pipeline is probably a good indicator for the boom and bust cycle. I remember the skyscraper boom in the provinces around the mid 2000's. Lots of developments in Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and Liverpool and then came a huge oversupply of luxury flats. The flats built in Leeds went into negative equity due to the volume on the market. What stage London is at on this cycle is debateable, but it will crash sooner or later.

Edited by 999house

HOLA4410

Theres nothing wrong with the City building towers. They are needed for office space and homes.

There is plenty wrong with that....The rest of the country is a wasteland, full of low paid service sector jobs and no future for people.

Stop with the london centric economy and incentive companies/people to move around the UK.

It's not ****king rocket science.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

There is plenty wrong with that....The rest of the country is a wasteland, full of low paid service sector jobs and no future for people.

Stop with the london centric economy and incentive companies/people to move around the UK.

Its less that its London centric, more that is over leveraged using the UK's future tax revenue as a back stop.

HOLA4413

Thanks to visibility of Shard I can now better drive in the City ... :)

Edited by Damik

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

This is still my fear. Who would have predicted the props thrown at the market 2008-2015?

Global Recession in progress.

Can't slash rates.

Neg rates are huge nail in coffin. Bring it on!

HOLA4416

Global Recession in progress.

Can't slash rates.

Neg rates are huge nail in coffin. Bring it on!

+1 for sure. no ammo left, its time to finally watch the crash. How strange that the new bad thing is not really that bad, as the current bad thing is crushing me. just like rome opening the gates to the barbarians as they offered hope (i think that happened but you get the jist)

HOLA4417

What a name for a tower... "Undershaft"? Is that a description of what is going to happen to all these developers when the whole things blows up?

Lots of undershafting going on in SW8 at the moment that's for sure.

It's where the London Maypole used to be IIRC, so it's under the shaft of the maypole...

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

re Battersea,

I am about to market specially tailored, 'Designer Briefs'

They come in a 'Biological brown' colour, have elasticated legs and waist with patented 'nevaleek' seals.

Inside them is a special pocket to accept our disposable activated charcoal odour eater, and a secret acoustic feature that ensures that all embarrassing noises are silenced.

HOLA4420

Tapori,

not being a Londoner, can you say what happened at Earls' Court.

I think someone might have posted earlier in the thread, but press here in London mentioned not 1 - Yes not even 1 - flat has sold in this massive Earls Court development for which construction is well on course for completion.

HOLA4421

I think you need to see a doctor.

HOLA4422

It's where the London Maypole used to be IIRC, so it's under the shaft of the maypole...

There's probably a decent chat up line in there somewhere ....

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425