Jump to content
House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads


Recommended Posts

Just now, Salty1 said:

Its great were at ATH but the gloating at JJ is a bit unseemly, I think he's a loss to this discussion 

If it weren't for JJ I wouldn't have bought any BTC at all, I suspect.  So thank you JJ for that.

But JJ didn't exactly bow out gracefully, so I'm afraid some poking fun was inevitable...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, markyh said:

 

And where is @Warlord ? what happen dude? Did your informers of BTC to $0 this year "bait and switch".  It's okay, we will wait for the next little pullback on the way to $100k before you crawl out from under your rock again, it is comedy gold. 

 

Unfortunately it's not comedy gold.

Anyone idiotic enough to have been influenced by @Warlordand his "contacts in the business" and their  "sell, sell, sell, it's worthless"  ill informed soothsaying will have lost a packet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A lot of the points in this article have been discussed before however I do think the point about leverage in crypto is interesting...  I can absolutely understand a position of "very high and opaque leverage is not good for the stability of the ecosystem ".

 

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2021/10/why-the-big-short-guys-think-bitcoin-is-a-bubble.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/10/2021 at 19:00, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Asia usually send it on Sunday night Monday morning. 

MACD infers it has further to pull back... so maybe $52K... It's had a good run from the lows... we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 03/01/2021 at 22:58, adamLancs said:

I'm back and it's gone up 10k again, straight into the coffers, wham bam thankyou mam. there's a bunch of bankers sat shorting it in my sister's office, they're on top of the trade apparently. Love these moments you only get a few in life. 

Hmmm, just noticed @adamlancs not been on HPC since 3rd March, this was his last post, sold all his BTC @ around $33k.   Had about 60 days after that sale 3/1/21- 23/7/21 he could have bought back in at a similar price or slightly lower, 24th July onwards the price has left him behind, maybe forever. 

Another name to add the the @Traktion and @jiltedjenhall of shame? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, markyh said:

Hmmm, just noticed @adamlancs not been on HPC since 3rd March, this was his last post, sold all his BTC @ around $33k.   Had about 60 days after that sale 3/1/21- 23/7/21 he could have bought back in at a similar price or slightly lower, 24th July onwards the price has left him behind, maybe forever. 

Another name to add the the @Traktion and @jiltedjenhall of shame? 

Another lettuce hands. Good spot. 🥬 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, markyh said:

Hmmm, just noticed @adamlancs not been on HPC since 3rd March, this was his last post, sold all his BTC @ around $33k.   Had about 60 days after that sale 3/1/21- 23/7/21 he could have bought back in at a similar price or slightly lower, 24th July onwards the price has left him behind, maybe forever. 

Another name to add the the @Traktion and @jiltedjenhall of shame? 

I don’t remember Adam posting much about BTC but quite a few threads he made a lot of having crucial inside information that suggested major things were going on … basically he said he couldn’t tell us who he’d spoken to or what they said only that big things were about to happen …

The kind of post I find particularly annoying because of course I’m never going to take any action based on such woolly rumours (how could anyone sensibly?) but when the sky doesn’t fall he just vanished and never got called out on it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

I don’t remember Adam posting much about BTC but quite a few threads he made a lot of having crucial inside information that suggested major things were going on … basically he said he couldn’t tell us who he’d spoken to or what they said only that big things were about to happen …

The kind of post I find particularly annoying because of course I’m never going to take any action based on such woolly rumours (how could anyone sensibly?) but when the sky doesn’t fall he just vanished and never got called out on it

Poor guy was probably taking advice from @Warlord's 'friend'

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, scottbeard said:

I don’t remember Adam posting much about BTC but quite a few threads he made a lot of having crucial inside information that suggested major things were going on … basically he said he couldn’t tell us who he’d spoken to or what they said only that big things were about to happen …

The kind of post I find particularly annoying because of course I’m never going to take any action based on such woolly rumours (how could anyone sensibly?) but when the sky doesn’t fall he just vanished and never got called out on it

If we are thinking of the same posts that wasn't quite my take on it. AIUI he had some scheme to massively compress the data size of blockchains, but no one would listen to him. I was inclined to dismiss this, but of course when we wave away suggestions for perpetual motion/faster than light gravity drives/cold fusion etc a day will come when we are wrong. I assume the devs he was trying to persuade had the same reaction I did, right or wrong, so he eventually drifted away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 25/10/2021 at 00:39, warpig said:

MACD infers it has further to pull back... so maybe $52K... It's had a good run from the lows... we'll see what happens tomorrow.

@warpigJust jump in and stay in?  As the saying goes, time in the market, not timing the market...

6 hours ago, markyh said:

Hmmm, just noticed @adamlancs not been on HPC since 3rd March, this was his last post, sold all his BTC @ around $33k.   Had about 60 days after that sale 3/1/21- 23/7/21 he could have bought back in at a similar price or slightly lower, 24th July onwards the price has left him behind, maybe forever. 

Another name to add the the @Traktion and @jiltedjenhall of shame? 

Hall of Shame 🤭😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Buffer Bear said:

@warpigJust jump in and stay in?  As the saying goes, time in the market, not timing the market...

Hall of Shame 🤭😂

I caught the bottom of this run perfectly. The red circle marks my entry point around $39,900 IIRC. I'm in until I see something worrying in the chart... all looks good at the moment.

image.thumb.png.db8c64eab3f386bce18b067960d3d51f.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.