House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
Guest Stud

scottbeard

CONFUSED .COM ....LEAVING...LEFT....NOW POSTING MORE DRIBBLE DAILY THAN EVER BEFORE .!

So because Sam Bankman-Fried is a fraudster all Bitcoin is fraud?

BITB**LOOX is 100% Batshit Crazy FRAUD  .Charles Mackay's EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR DELUSIONS AND MADNESS OF CROWDS will have a new chapter shortly.

Presumably since Bernard Madoff was a fraudster all Shares are frauds.

Shares are another load of nonsense ,I've never met anybody personally who has ever made anything out of shares .Met plenty who have lost lots .

And Robert Maxwell was a fraudster so all pensions are frauds.

There's nothing like a Good old TONTINE scheme to get the juices flowing .Lots of examples of failed pension schemes.

Oh, and I'm sure I had a few dodgy £1 coins a few years ago so all cash is definitely fraud.

SEIGNORAGE and FIAT PAPER is the SCAM OF ALL SCAMS ...my only regret is that I didn't think of it  it first .

It's almost as if nothing in life is 100% safe from fraud.

SCOTTBEARD IS FINALLY WAKING UP ....I know you can SMELL THE BITB**LLOX RAT ...will you get out in time is the SATOSHI NAKAMOTO white paper question that will soon be answered.

HOLA442
Guest Stud
4 hours ago, wighty said:

HE DIDNT DUPE ME ...🤡🤡💩💩😂😂🤣🤣

Because you didn't know who he was till now.

I know ALOT more about him than you know about SATOSHI NAKAMOTO .

🤡🤡💩💩😂😂🤣🤣

HOLA443
Guest Stud
5 hours ago, Huggy said:

He didn't dupe me too :)

Some people tried, many years ago, to tell me Bitcoin wasn't backed by anything, and it'll go to zero, and everything like that. They didn't dupe me either 🚀

All TURDS float for a while ,all DOGS have a few hours in the Sun the PSYOP is nearly done ....keep watching the BIRDY .👌

HOLA444
2 hours ago, stud said:

scottbeard

CONFUSED .COM ....LEAVING...LEFT....NOW POSTING MORE DRIBBLE DAILY THAN EVER BEFORE .!

So because Sam Bankman-Fried is a fraudster all Bitcoin is fraud?

BITB**LOOX is 100% Batshit Crazy FRAUD  .Charles Mackay's EXTRAORDINARY POPULAR DELUSIONS AND MADNESS OF CROWDS will have a new chapter shortly.

Presumably since Bernard Madoff was a fraudster all Shares are frauds.

Shares are another load of nonsense ,I've never met anybody personally who has ever made anything out of shares .Met plenty who have lost lots .

And Robert Maxwell was a fraudster so all pensions are frauds.

There's nothing like a Good old TONTINE scheme to get the juices flowing .Lots of examples of failed pension schemes.

Oh, and I'm sure I had a few dodgy £1 coins a few years ago so all cash is definitely fraud.

SEIGNORAGE and FIAT PAPER is the SCAM OF ALL SCAMS ...my only regret is that I didn't think of it  it first .

It's almost as if nothing in life is 100% safe from fraud.

SCOTTBEARD IS FINALLY WAKING UP ....I know you can SMELL THE BITB**LLOX RAT ...will you get out in time is the SATOSHI NAKAMOTO white paper question that will soon be answered.

What a word salad.

Simpler to block you than try and address all that nonsense.

HOLA445
HOLA446
12 hours ago, stud said:

That's because you've surrounded yourself with losers. 

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
  • 3 weeks later...
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
1 hour ago, RodCrosby said:

My holdings are down a 5 figure chunk this week (yes I know this is par for the course and it's often up and down like a whore's drawers), do we think the Hong Kong ETF approval will send things back up again shortly?

Edited by Bear Necessities

HOLA4413
23 hours ago, Bear Necessities said:

My holdings are down a 5 figure chunk this week (yes I know this is par for the course and it's often up and down like a whore's drawers), do we think the Hong Kong ETF approval will send things back up again shortly?

Who knows?

But as I've suggested previously, I would multiply your paper losses by (say) 4% to get a more objective feel for their (hopefully temporary) impact. The equivalent change in annual income...

Chill. 

My spreadsheet should help in pointing to where you can and want to be, going forward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LO813byPUDqYbJCG1wiaaDuGc90yR6edFJwxL_GwIZQ/copy

Edited by RodCrosby

HOLA4414
24 minutes ago, RodCrosby said:

Who knows?

But as I've suggested previously, I would multiply your paper losses by (say) 4% to get a more objective feel for their (hopefully temporary) impact. The equivalent change in annual income...

Chill. 

My spreadsheet should help in pointing to where you can and want to be, going forward.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LO813byPUDqYbJCG1wiaaDuGc90yR6edFJwxL_GwIZQ/copy

Good advice.

(and I'm very chilled)

And htanks for the spreadsheet link, it was interesting to play with the numbers and see that I might not be that far off the numbers I need.

I followed the instructions properly this time, a lot of work and thought seems to have gone into it!

Edited by Bear Necessities

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
On 26/03/2024 at 19:31, scottbeard said:

The main point I was making is - if Bitcoin is all about PRESERVING wealth as @Buffer Bear was saying then why would people switch from stocks - which as I have demonstrated HAVE had a return in excess of inflation, even if their future returns won't be quite as good - to Bitcoin in the future?

I appreciate that Bitcoin has had a huge return so far, but in the "steady state" that Buffer Bear was talking about where it has captured $100 Trillion of wealth, I ask why switch from equities to BTC then?  Gold to BTC sure.  Fiat currency to BTC definitely.  But Equities to BTC?  I can't see it in the steady state future.

Stocks are pretty much flat against M2 money supply. 

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
On 29/03/2024 at 09:27, Guest Stud said:

What happens to crypto after Sam Bankman-Fried?

For a while, that approach seemed to work. As the boy-wonder of crypto, Bankman-Fried got rich faster than almost anyone in history, amassing an estimated $26bn in personal wealth, countless magazine covers and sweeping political influence. The flameout was even faster.

The tweet was, as discussed, net bad. Billions gushed out of the platform in less than five days. When it was all over, more than $8bn in customer funds were missing and the company was bankrupt. Five weeks after that, prosecutors in Manhattan charged Bankman-Fried, who had already resigned, with several financial offences including wire fraud, securities fraud, commodities fraud and money laundering.

TICK TOCK ....FOR A WHILE IT SEEMED TO WORK ...5 DAYS TO EMPTY THE LOT ...🤡🤡💩💩😂😂🤣🤣

Sad for those who lost money but we must remember, not your keys, not your coins.

Tick tock next block.

HOLA4419
4 hours ago, RodCrosby said:

You're welcome. I have a maths/stats background, and like to give something (however small) back to the community.

That's kind.  Was unable to download from phone but now working on desktop so will have a play with it.  Thank you.

I see you have an interest in Plan B (blocked a few years back on twitter for asking a question) and Giovanni's work.  Fred Krueger aka @Dotkrueger is a massive fan and has similar background to you.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
On 15/04/2024 at 20:59, Bear Necessities said:

Chill. We got a new ATH before the halving, never happened before. There was bound to be a pullback.  Q3/Q4 2024 and Q1/Q2 2025 will be were it really starts going.  

HOLA4422
8 hours ago, Buffer Bear said:

That's kind.  Was unable to download from phone but now working on desktop so will have a play with it.  Thank you.

I see you have an interest in Plan B (blocked a few years back on twitter for asking a question) and Giovanni's work.  Fred Krueger aka @Dotkrueger is a massive fan and has similar background to you.

I listen to FK on YouTube, although he seems mostly a mouthpiece for Santostasi.

Another one I follow is CryptoCon, who seemed to independently come to the conclusion that the peaks will be in November 2025/2029/2033, etc. and the troughs in November 2026/2030/2034 etc., which aligns with the Power Law Model. Although recently he has suggested we could be moving to 3 year cycles.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
3 hours ago, scottbeard said:

An awful lot of stuff there @RodCrosby!  I think he's trying to say BTC will top out for a cyclical top:

- Somewhere between May 2025 and Nov 2025

- Somewhere between $113k and $130k

Have I understood that right?!

I can't find the exact forecast you're referring to, but most forecasters are suggesting about $140k+/- $20k in 2025.