House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
On 15/05/2021 at 18:07, smash said:

Bitcoin seems to be continuously testing the $47k floor, about as exciting as this FA cup final. I did pick up some Cardano the other day though so some action there...

On 15/05/2021 at 18:25, markyh said:

It's not a floor, just very strong resistance from the 21 weekly EMA, which in every other bull run in Bitcoins history, held until the bull run was over. So if we close above this Sunday night, all should be well, close below it, and not a good sign. 

Both the bears and bulls know this, to there is a "tussle". to either close it above, or close it below $47k. 

It's close...

@smash@markyh

Should it fall to the next support level would you view this as the end of the bull-market, which defies all that has gone before or just time to regroup?  I can't see how it's the end of this current run regardless of history if the views of Saylor, NYDIG, Pal etc are to go by.  That is, they  insist the wall of money is coming but of course carrying out due diligence for such large and complex institutions/corporations etc could well take as long as it has corporation @warpig

Either way, I will be hodling.

HOLA446
14 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

I can't see how it's the end of this current run regardless of history.

It could be, it could be everyone trying to front run the expected next phase of the bull market. Unlikely though as there is so much momentum in various parts of the bitcoin ecosystem.

Thats the thing about bitcoin however, you never really know, it isnt the investment for those that want any sort of short term predictability.

Either way, I will be hodling.

Thats the spirit.

In my opinion Musks attack on bitcoin will only strengthen it, the weak hands are getting shaken out.

Edited by goldbug9999

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

If I had to guess it’s going to have a small bounce (bull-trap) and continue downwards. 

it’s good for me as I sold much higher than this when I said it felt toppy, (and got ridiculed)

and it’s also cheaper sats all around, four years to pick up the lows. 

this is where the recent investors have their mettle tested, four long grinding years of lows, a true holder needs to hold through a full cycle. 

bring on 2024 

HOLA4411
42 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

It could be, it could be everyone trying to front run the expected next phase of the bull market. Unlikely though as there is so much momentum in various parts of the bitcoin ecosystem.

Thats the thing about bitcoin however, you never really know, it isnt the investment for those that want any sort of short term predictability.

Thats the spirit.

In my opinion Musks attack on bitcoin will only strengthen it, the weak hands are getting shaken out.

@goldbug9999thank you.

Elon's ego seems to have been bruised by one of the Bitcoin Maxis (who happens to hang-out with Jack Mallers/Strike), who has dedicated a 24 'page' tweet storm to him.

I think you're right about the impact of his actions. Better to understand his position, albeit inaccurate, now. I suspect there's more to his swift change of position - business/money/politics...all will be revealed eventually and I do wonder if it's linked to the Fed's announcement on IR and the funding of his business...I heard some bod link the two or maybe he didn't check out the views of investors before he jumped in/impact upon Tesla brand.

Edited by Buffer Bear

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, warpig said:

mcjXeGrQ.png

Thanks! Personally I think it will bounce a little, then carry on its down-trend. 

it needed to break the ATH convincingly or the bull market was over. 

Alts are going to be a blood-bath 

can you add some lines for the downtrend? and the overall larger growth trend average (to find the potential new higher low) 

Edited by jiltedjen

HOLA4414
On 15/05/2021 at 18:28, Buffer Bear said:

@warpigit looks as if I should have been analysing your charts.  😂 If we're below $47k on Monday, I think it would be irresponsible for me not to make another small investment and/or at least place a limit order for even lower. 

That's a thought, do you have one given you have a price you are prepared to enter at.

Personally, I can't believe I've had the opportunity to add to my BTC. You've no idea! 😀

My advice is to let this play out.. there's a risk it could go much lower... you've already got a position.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
7 hours ago, markyh said:

Why bother with a mortgage, just buy for cash outright. threaten the solicitor with legal action if your crypto funds are legit, or find another solicitor, there are thousands in the country. 

If your crypto are legit you can prove it and don't need legal action. You cannot force anyone to commit a crime with legal action.

Are full of ******** or an ignorant twit?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
52 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

can you add some lines for the downtrend? and the overall larger growth trend average (to find the potential new higher low) 

I'll add some trends as the chart warrants it... it's a bit early at the moment. Not sure what an overall larger growth trend average is... perhaps you can explain in more detail.

HOLA4421
6 minutes ago, ubuntu said:

Most traders were expecting a dip, historically 30% dips in previous bull runs, even before Musk's tweet; could go as low as $42k and still be in a secular bull market.

The weakness has been visible for some time, it predates Musk's comment, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
7 minutes ago, warpig said:

The weakness has been visible for some time, it predates Musk's comment, it was just the straw that broke the camel's back.

@warpigI read an analysis that stated a similar view. However, I don't make decisions based upon charts as I do not have the knowledge etc.  I simply overlay the macro perspective with my BTC research.

Hats off to you as you've shared your concerns often.  For me, given the longer-term forecast, and yes I do understand it's not a given, I see this as an absolute buying opportunity. 

I had not expected to be given a second bite of the cherry unless the price collapsed significantly after the expected bull-run and even that was not guaranteed.  😁

HOLA4425
8 minutes ago, Buffer Bear said:

Preston Pysh posted he wanted it to go to $40k to flush out the rubbish. 😯

yes quite, let's see what happens. Walmart Q1 results are reported on Tues, will see if rumours of them adding btc to their balance sheet are true, if so could change everything.