House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

19 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

🤔 Have you not seen the e-tron, its practically a copy of the  Model S launched in 2012. Also pretty useless if you want to drive long distances as VAG hasn't invested in a charging network.

Neither have Tesla. Charging networks in Europe tend to be independent. 

Notice Tesla have cancelled their Chinese factory expansion, delayed the opening of the Berlin factory. Connected to the 67% fall in sales in China?

SP moving in predictedable direction... down.

I just posted in the gold thread and nearly typed something along the lines of gold being historically the greatest hedge against inflation. Anyway, I didnt as it came to me that maybe land is? One commodity we cant really do without is food, which can be grown in fertile fields [land]. 

Whats the drawback with buying land vs gold. All the obvious stuff, price, availability, fees, cost of ownership etc. cap ex if you want to farm. So investments into land are more difficult than gold id argue. Not particularly strongly, but I could argue a case.

So I gots ta thinking - has anyone yet tokenised land? 

[this could well be old news [im behind the times], please dont shout at me😬]

4 minutes ago, Data Dave said:

I just posted in the gold thread and nearly typed something along the lines of gold being historically the greatest hedge against inflation. Anyway, I didnt as it came to me that maybe land is? One commodity we cant really do without is food, which can be grown in fertile fields [land]. 

Whats the drawback with buying land vs gold. All the obvious stuff, price, availability, fees, cost of ownership etc. cap ex if you want to farm. So investments into land are more difficult than gold id argue. Not particularly strongly, but I could argue a case.

So I gots ta thinking - has anyone yet tokenised land? 

[this could well be old news [im behind the times], please dont shout at me😬]

🤣

your perimeter fence does that and your deeds. 

8 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Not seeking to disparage crypto, but I've been wondering:  is it mathematically possible for absolutely everybody that invests in Bitcoin (for example) to exit in profit?

No of course not, replace bitcoin with gold or any other investment and get same answer

10 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Not seeking to disparage crypto, but I've been wondering:  is it mathematically possible for absolutely everybody that invests in Bitcoin (for example) to exit in profit?

same as every other ponzi scheme the whales i.e the biggest holders control the price when they sell up it collapses. 

hence every crypto none will be sold. 

22 minutes ago, btd1981 said:

Not if you consider it an investment to be sold out of. If (and it’s admittedly a big if) the world transitioned to use it as a primary form of money, your purchasing power from holding it would tend to slowly increase over time rather than decrease as with fiat.

1 hour ago, btd1981 said:

Of course not, just like its not possible for everyone to exit gold with a profit. The objective is exit fiat not bitcoin.

Edited by goldbug9999

57 minutes ago, longgone said:

ebay has dropped paypal btw. 

Weren’t they same company, possibly anti trust reasons (and PayPal is shit)

Edited by yelims

Yeh Elon lost me as customer, I would have bought a Tesla with Btc no problems if bitcoin payment option was available in Europe (was only us for couple weeks)

now I’ll go back waiting for bmw make proper luxury all electric, my current phev 7 series can make best of both worlds for next while 

two local dealers have no issues accepting Btc 😊

Edited by yelims