House Price Crash Forum

The Bubbly Bitcoin Thread -- Merged Threads

4 hours ago, yelims said:

Interesting seems we reached a floor of 40000 euro yet again and not falling further 

$47k of the 21 EMA weekly held and is unlikely to break until after a blow off top. Despite the coordinated fud we bounced off it and are current happily $4k clear of it. 

2 minutes ago, jiltedjen said:

A long time ago, can still use PayPal for n eBay I do it all the time 

now its done via managed payments

Your forced by the 31st may 

Paypal is gone completly from ebay.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/11/ebay-axes-paypal-sellers-bank-accounts-upping-fees/

1 hour ago, yelims said:

Weren’t they same company, possibly anti trust reasons (and PayPal is shit)

No its about fees

Paypal is gone in 2 weeks from ebay. Agree though they are awful claims can be made up to 6 months after payment.

2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

The "interest" is paid by debasing the currency.

Not if the currency is destroyed the same time to limit tokens. The main problems is when whales hold most of the coins and don't sell to create the burn

1 minute ago, longgone said:

No its about fees

Paypal is gone in 2 weeks from ebay. Agree though they are awful claims can be made up to 6 months after payment.

I just had a $97 refund from PayPal for a Chinese scam website that was selling cheap best way swimming pool stuff. After i ordered no confirmation email or nothing, and no goods arrived. Complained to PayPal and they investigated and found in my favour. Mind you it’s taken them Six weeks. 

2 minutes ago, markyh said:

I just had a $97 refund from PayPal for a Chinese scam website that was selling cheap best way swimming pool stuff. After i ordered no confirmation email or nothing, and no goods arrived. Complained to PayPal and they investigated and found in my favour. Mind you it’s taken them Six weeks. 

Paypal is great for buyers another protection level over sec 75.

Chite for sellers though had claims 5 months after selling something.

17 minutes ago, longgone said:

Paypal is gone in 2 weeks from ebay. 

No it’s not.  Buyers will still be able to pay using PayPal.  And my business account has not yet been migrated to managed payments with no ETA in sight.

37 minutes ago, elephant said:

No it’s not.  Buyers will still be able to pay using PayPal.  And my business account has not yet been migrated to managed payments with no ETA in sight.

If you are a private seller you will not be paid from paypal even if the buyer uses paypal they pay into a ebay holding account.

Ebay fees will be taken from banks directly.

4 minutes ago, longgone said:

If you are a private seller you will not be paid from paypal even if the buyer uses paypal they pay into a ebay holding account.

Ebay fees will be taken from banks directly.

I know.  You said PayPal would be gone from eBay in two weeks, I’m being pedantic, but it won’t 🤷‍♂️

Edited by elephant

Just now, elephant said:

I know.  You said PayPal would be gone from eBay in two weeks, but it won’t 🤷‍♂️

Thats a lot of fees removed from paypay potentially.

No doubt ebay will dilute this further as time goes on.

Got my downtime sorted for the weekend!

Course videos

Gensler characterises himself as a "centre minimalist" on BTC, "centre" on smart contracts and blockchain - moves between maxi and centre,  All good given he is the SEC chair.

Public policy framework at 35:00 gives some insight to Gensler's views.  There's an amusing section at 41:00 with Larry Gessig

Conclusions: 52:00

Edited by Buffer Bear

"I  go to conferences sometime and talk about Bitcoin regulation and get asked why the government cannot solve this now? I sort of remind them that it took 15-20 years from the intro of credit cards in the mid 1950's - and real take off in 1960s.  It was 1974 - 77 before the introduction of the 3 big credit laws. So if you are an entrepreneur going into BTC, know that it could be 15 years before there could be any crypto laws in the future - Gensler Fall 2018

Ref: Lecture 2 - Money, Ledgers and Bitcoin (MIT).

The OGs will be pleased such as Matt Odell and Marty Bent.  In reality, I wonder how quickly the US/UK/EU will develop law.

AND

Fiat's had its challenges/instability.  It doesn't mean its going to go away. Instability is caused particularly by weak monetary policy - Governments debasing a currency/money printing or unstable fiscal policy.  Gensler of course is describing US policy.  I wonder if he will hold his principles or go with MMT.  Gensler Fall 2018

Ref: Lecture 3 - Blockchain and Cryptography (MIT).

Edited by Buffer Bear

3 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So true. It could look like this era of Bitcoin goes down as similar to the last halvenings block size war. Now it's social media war. 

The era of post-truth...I suspect this is to be expected given the significance of paradigm shifts..

Edited by Buffer Bear
Removed NOT to be expected!

2 hours ago, Roman Roady said:

Smart contract currencies seem to be doing better ATM.

For all the stick i got for buying safemoon. Had i found it day one and bought billions like others have done just from the reflections holders are making hundreds or more every week and just selling a few every week while holding the same amount.

Its genius if it lasts.