House Price Crash Forum

Now We Are 63.7M: Uk Had Biggest Population Growth In Europe Over Past Year

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/now-we-are-637m-uk-had-biggest-population-growth-in-europe-over-past-year-8751929.html

The UK's population has grown by more than 400,000 to 63.7 million, new official figures show.

The growth of 419,900 in the past year means the UK has had the biggest growth of any country in Europe in the year to 30 June 2013 and it is now the third largest EU nation behind Germany and France, according to the Office for National Statistics (ONS) figures.

France's population grew by 319,100 in the past year to 65,480,500 while Germany's population went up by 166,200 to 80,399,300, the ONS said.

The UK had its biggest baby boom since 1972 as 813,200 births were recorded in the past year. There were 558,800 deaths during this period.

The UK's population increase can be tracked back to the fact that there were 254,400 more births than deaths and net migration levels of 165,600, the ONS said.

Wow future growth must be locked in with more demand as we have more consumers. Recovery ago ago.

HOLA442
HOLA443

So where is the GDP growth then? Why isn't the government awash with cash from all the new taxpayers? Oh I see, we all got poorer.

That and they also seem to have timed a baby boom with a pensioner boom. So we have the double joy of paying lots of pensions, combined with lots of school places (and if clegg gets his way, lots of parents not to work too!). Oh well, in 20 years time it should pay off...if all the productive types havent emigrated by then.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

That and they also seem to have timed a baby boom with a pensioner boom. So we have the double joy of paying lots of pensions, combined with lots of school places (and if clegg gets his way, lots of parents not to work too!). Oh well, in 20 years time it should pay off...if all the productive types havent emigrated by then.

Don't forget the school closures as the places we where assured weren't needed. They had a nice graph showing the birth rate declining into the future and this allowed them to accurate predict future use....

HOLA448

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/now-we-are-637m-uk-had-biggest-population-growth-in-europe-over-past-year-8751929.html

Wow future growth must be locked in with more demand as we have more consumers. Recovery ago ago.

Yes, I have heard that hypothesis! More people equals more economy! Sounds reasonable to me, as the same number of people would not buy 3% more chips/tv s/ cars etc every year until the end of time! :blink:

HOLA449

Don't forget the school closures as the places we where assured weren't needed. They had a nice graph showing the birth rate declining into the future and this allowed them to accurate predict future use....

Im surprised germany had such low growth with a good economy and France such high growth with a crappy economy. Although France had a lower population than the UK 50 years ago, maybe they just breed a lot.

Germany looking more pleasant by the day.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

STOP PEOPLE COMING INTO THE COUNTRY !!!

So much for the tories stopping immigration.

It's like groundhog day,

Yep, they just talk about it and about doing something about it and meanwhile it continues at full pace.

Vote UKIP everyone (if you must vote at all).

HOLA4413

Vote UKIP everyone (if you must vote at all).

This is the answer, there is no point in any HPC member continuing to post here if they intend to vote Lab/Lib/Con at the next election. All three of these parties are dedicated to driving labour costs down and house prices up through uncontrolled immigration, in the sole interest of the moneyed classes.

Voting UKIP is our only chance now.

Edited by Harry Monk

HOLA4414

This is the answer, there is no point in any HPC member continuing to post here if they intend to vote Lab/Lib/Con at the next election. All three of these parties are dedicated to driving labour costs down and house prices up, in the sole interest of the monied classes. Voting UKIP is our only chance now.

UKIP = Rentiers/Tories that don't like the EU and trying to win votes on a NIMBY bandwagon

HOLA4415

So where is the GDP growth then? Why isn't the government awash with cash from all the new taxpayers? Oh I see, we all got poorer.

I've got a future taxpayer on the way and I don't mid telling you I'm doing my best to avoid splashing out on GDP for junior, within reason. Just looking at my baby spreadheet, we've spent £850 so far of which £460 was on new stuff, it'll probably hit £550 maximum new spend for under £1k overall as we have almost everything we need now, for the first few months anyway. What we've spent has plenty of front-loaded costs which will save a lot overall, eg real nappies and my cupboards now contain in excess of 5,000 baby wipes acquired on a cheap promotion(shelfspace made beside the cans of beans/ shotgun shells). A reasonable fraction of the durable item spend (£400) could be recouped on resale unless we give it away to friends as much of it was second hand stuff at fair prices.

I'll be seeking to dilute my fixed costs by scaling up the operation and increasing the throughput in future. It's really the second kid that drops the costs hugely. The third is practically a giveaway. Stick that Carney! [babygrow idea just arrived] I'm sure I've missed something...

Edited by cheeznbreed

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

And TPTB continue to ignore the huge, big issue that the last thing the UK needs is more people. But they're just looking in short-sighted terms and couldn't give a damn about the plain, big, obvious fact that this country would be a much more pleasant place to live in if it had far fewer people in it. It's downright criminally irresponsible for the government to ignore this issue.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I've got a future taxpayer on the way and I don't mid telling you I'm doing my best to avoid splashing out on GDP for junior, within reason. Just looking at my baby spreadheet, we've spent £850 so far of which £460 was on new stuff, it'll probably hit £550 maximum new spend for under £1k overall as we have almost everything we need now, for the first few months anyway. What we've spent has plenty of front-loaded costs which will save a lot overall, eg real nappies and my cupboards now contain in excess of 5,000 baby wipes acquired on a cheap promotion(shelfspace made beside the cans of beans/ shotgun shells). A reasonable fraction of the durable item spend (£400) could be recouped on resale unless we give it away to friends as imuch of it was second hand stuff at fair prices.

I'll be seeking to dilute my fixed costs by scaling up the operation and increasing the throughput in future. It's really the second kid that drops the costs hugely. The third is practically a giveaway. Stick that Carney! [babygrow idea just arrived] I'm sure I've missed something...

I have one already:), got my wipes before and they are gone - though I bought 1400 and we are 4 months old:)

I thought I wouldn't spend much - cue an expensive pump, sterelisor, swimming nappies ... I'm afraid to think...

HOLA4421

STOP PEOPLE COMING INTO THE COUNTRY !!!

So much for the tories stopping immigration.

It's like groundhog day,

They cannot ... - make all benefits stop at 2 kids, will lead to the decrease in population.

Moreover, what people do when they have nothing to do or cannot afford to go out?)

Edited by Anna_1980

HOLA4422

I've got a future taxpayer on the way and I don't mid telling you I'm doing my best to avoid splashing out on GDP for junior, within reason. Just looking at my baby spreadheet, we've spent £850 so far of which £460 was on new stuff, it'll probably hit £550 maximum new spend for under £1k overall as we have almost everything we need now, for the first few months anyway. What we've spent has plenty of front-loaded costs which will save a lot overall, eg real nappies and my cupboards now contain in excess of 5,000 baby wipes acquired on a cheap promotion(shelfspace made beside the cans of beans/ shotgun shells). A reasonable fraction of the durable item spend (£400) could be recouped on resale unless we give it away to friends as much of it was second hand stuff at fair prices.

It's the next £200,000 that'll make your eyes water.

(that excludes fees for Eton obviously as they're optional, unless you're hoping for a front bench Tory career for him)

Edited by R K

HOLA4423

Also note reported in the Tory graph the NHS is at breaking point with the unreported correlation that mass immigration is the cause. The neo-liberalist hegemony is more than happy to see increased immigration. It undermines the existing infrastructure and shows a clear need for more privatization of the 'failed and hapless' public services be it welfare, health or education. The police and education will be next.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425